Went for a more traditional look

Last edited by Xiahz; 2015-08-21 at 09:15 PM.

Just put these together for fun. I really wanna roll an Orc Hunter. I can't decide which of these two I like more!

Orc Hunter #1
    Orc Hunter #2

Oh, and here's a Forsaken Hunter I put together as well.

Forsaken Dark Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeleth Bleakstar View Post
    Just put these together for fun. I really wanna roll an Orc Hunter. I can't decide which of these two I like more!

Orc Hunter #1
    Orc Hunter #2

Forsaken Dark Ranger
    You didn't saved the link correctly, i get the full sets comparisons :S

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    You didn't saved the link correctly, i get the full sets comparisons :S
    That was the point? Pick the bow or the axes, view in 3d, pick Orc (or Forsaken).

Deleted

Orc Hunter #1
    Orc Hunter #2

Forsaken Dark Ranger
    Looks cool, but they are all just complete sets already that are designed to match, so I can't give you credit for that part :P

As for what race, I can't decide between those two either! If you're wanting an Orc because Rexxar (the two axes), just keep in mind that the Survival weapon is a polearm so you can't DW two weapons (unless they completely change transmog rules that is, would be cool!). Maybe you can DW when leveling before getting the artifact, who knows yet! I personally like the idea of a troll survival hunter with a spear, as it just fits so well with their racial theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the point? Pick the bow or the axes, view in 3d, pick Orc (or Forsaken).
    Oh wel... then... just like Rohirrims says, i can't give you much credit about those sets, i mean... they match cause they are full sets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rohirrims View Post
    Looks cool, but they are all just complete sets already that are designed to match, so I can't give you credit for that part :P

As for what race, I can't decide between those two either! If you're wanting an Orc because Rexxar (the two axes), just keep in mind that the Survival weapon is a polearm so you can't DW two weapons (unless they completely change transmog rules that is, would be cool!). Maybe you can DW when leveling before getting the artifact, who knows yet! I personally like the idea of a troll survival hunter with a spear, as it just fits so well with their racial theme.
    Well... at least you could transmog the polearm into a 2handed axe or sword, so it will go pretty well with orcs

Deleted
    Well... at least you could transmog the polearm into a 2handed axe or sword, so it will go pretty well with orcs
    Yip, but I just meant if it's the dual wield Rexxar style with 2 axes, that probably won't be a possible mog, unless transmog rules are changed in the new system (not entirely impossible). A two handed axe would be just as cool if not as iconic.

I've never really seen the point of trying to make a set out of random parts, because they never really match. I mean, they're always low res and they ALWAYS have little details that are just not right for the set. Like Xiahz's set. It looks good at a glance but if it were my character, I'd start noticing the low res textures, the little things that are just... off like the belt with that troll-looking symbol. I personally like using matching sets and adding little details like a cape or weapons that match.

I've TRIED to make matching sets out of adhoc parts in the past but it always ends up looking like cannon fodder NPC's with low res textures.

Edit: Also, who said Hunters HAVE to use the polearm as Survival?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really seen the point of trying to make a set out of random parts, because they never really match. I mean, they're always low res and they ALWAYS have little details that are just not right for the set. Like Xiahz's set. It looks good at a glance but if it were my character, I'd start noticing the low res textures, the little things that are just... off like the belt with that troll-looking symbol. I personally like using matching sets and adding little details like a cape or weapons that match.

I've TRIED to make matching sets out of adhoc parts in the past but it always ends up looking like cannon fodder NPC's with low res textures.
    Then there's not much of a point on posting at all, we are just going to see the same set over and over and over again, also... that's also part of the challenge in creating a set that looks good together even if they were not meant to be used together

Well... the survival hunters are going to have an polearm weapon for all the Legion expansion... so yeah.... (the artifact for the Survival hunter is a polearm)

Note: You could still transmog those items into a 2handed axe or a 2 handed sword

- - - Updated - - -

for example, i came up with these transmog, is not the best but i really like it, IMO it match pretty well and it gives my character a more unique feel to it (i actually just like the theme and those shoulders)

and if you check the thread you will find a couple of gems hiding around

From the way Blizz has made them sound the artifacts are either the only weapons we will be getting throughout the expansion or the only weapons that will be worth using. There may be a few transmog things thrown in (like challenge mode items) but in all likelihood that kind of system will be rolled into the artifacts as well for a unique weapon skin applicable to our artifacts. They will be transmogable to an older model of weapon if you want but there is really no point in implementing alternatives for Legion when all alternatives will be pretty bad in comparison. I actually look forward to spec specific items that are properly itemized to the spec in question. I run BM a lot with my hunter and it was really annoying getting the stages of the legendary ring in WoD and knowing that it isn't well itemized for my spec but still the BiS ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    From the way Blizz has made them sound the artifacts are either the only weapons we will be getting throughout the expansion or the only weapons that will be worth using.
    O.o You can't be serious... Are they going to cease leveling up too? Maybe take away mobs in raids? >.>

Deleted

You should have a look through this thread Might open your eyes to the creativity of transmog, and yes, things from different sets can actually match well. And I am an extremely nitpicky person when it comes to things matching!

And blizzard have said the only weapon you will get in Legion is your artifact, so yes you will have to use the polearm above 100. I was not making that up so don't get all aggressively capslock about it :P Unless of course they change things, but that's what been said in all the interviews so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    O.o You can't be serious... Are they going to cease leveling up too? Maybe take away mobs in raids? >.>
    You may get different weapons while lvling up, but when you get your artifact, you will only have the polearm

Deleted

I adore these cataclysm crafted/rep sets, always love to see them used in mogs and this one looks glorious, good job!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohirrims View Post
    I adore these cataclysm crafted/rep sets, always love to see them used in mogs and this one looks glorious, good job!
    Thanks!, i really like the look of those sets, they look pretty good, i loved Cata, even if people hated it, mostly because the dungeons were pretty hard at the start and then they added transmog :P (also... i love the End Time dungeon)

It better not be a trend for the future, and is just a mistake for this expansion...

As for that mog Maxilian, I actually really like that. It would look fantastic on a Night Elf, imho. Like some kind of celestial hunter/huntress.

10+ Year Old Account
    It better not be a trend for the future, and is just a mistake for this expansion...
    Lets see how it goes, it, in general, doesn't bothers me, cause, at least we can use melee weapons now, and we have the ability to choose from the polearm (and the many skins they are going to give us for it) and all the other polearms / 2 handed swords / 2 handed axes, but it makes me kind of sad that we can't use 2 handed maces (there are so many maces i would really like to use!! )

As for that mog Maxilian, I actually really like that. It would look fantastic on a Night Elf, imho. Like some kind of celestial hunter/huntress.
    Thanks!, you will find many more set that looks pretty good in the thread, you may have to do some digging but, you will find something :P

You may get different weapons while lvling up, but when you get your artifact, you will only have the polearm
    Not likely, they've made it sound like something we get very early and level up with.

My current trasmog, inspired by the new shipyard

Head: Captains Hat
    Shoulders: Spaulders of the Unblinking Vigil
    Back: Brillant Burnished Cloak
    Chest: Moss-Woven Mailshirt
    Shirt: Tailored Members Shirt
    Tabard: Knoghts Colors
    Gloves: Windrunners Handguards of Triumph
    Waist: Champions Girdle
    Legs: Wayfaring Leggings
    Boots: Sentinel Scouting Greaves
    Gun: Shredirons Shredder

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my "I can't wait til Legion to make a Demon Hunter" set. I'm working on a pants version, same texture as the kilt, but no luck with the drop so far.