Hunter – Beast Mastery +6%
    Hunter - Survival +5%
    Monk - Windwalker +9%
    Rogue - Assassination +5%
    Rogue - Outlaw +6%
    Rogue - Subtlety +1.5%
    Shaman - Enhancement +3%

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...oming-sept-12/

We Back Boys.... the crucible was only gonna be like 3% instead we get a 6% this will be an overall buff after crucible. and MM with 0%.... MM does scale well off Ilvl but poorly off traits so BM is likely to gain significantly on MM following Tuesday.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-09 at 02:19 AM.

Ummm...as far as I can tell, these are just flat buffs and not the gains from the crucible. MM will still get buffed from the crucible itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Ummm...as far as I can tell, these are just flat buffs and not the gains from the crucible. MM will still get buffed from the crucible itself.
    Yes these were the buffs that were originally on PTR to balance out the crucible.... But then they added 2% ON TOP.... BM doesn't gain much for Ilvl compared to others So BM needed a buff in response however this will be an overall buff.

MM vs BM MM gained about 3% more damage overall than BM from the crucible... So this should be a 3% buff for BM towards catching MM.

It was 4%. It's been buffed to 6%. It's just enough to keep the status quo. For those interested in how:

1 wep level = 1K dps for BM, 4K for MM (roughly - it's close enough to give you a good idea).

15 Ilvl for MM = 60K.
    15 Ilvl for BM = 15K.
    If you're doing 1.2M DPS, *1.06 = 72K, so this far, BM looks good right? That's a 87K gain vs MM's 60K.

Then comes the traits. Lets assume both specs get their "bis" traits - 3x jaws, 3x pack leader for BM, and 3x UA, 3x MFD for MM.
    For BM, Jaws are worth 8 ilvls, and pack 6. That's 42 ilvls worth - or 42K dps.
    For MM, UA is worth 6 ilvls, and MFD is worth 2.5. That's 25.5 Ilvls, or 102K DPS.

Keep in mind that while BM *can* have 3x Jaws relics right now (making the theoretical max gain 18 ilvls with the crucible unlocks), MM can only have 2 UA, which means their theoretical max "gain" from this is 5+6 (2x MFD, 1x UA), making 11=44K dps vs 18K.

Essentially, you're looking at a 87K+18K = 105K gain for BM from the buff+traits, while MM's looking at 60K+44K = 104K.

Bm "wins" 1K dps, but realistically, this is *just* to keep up the status quo. Fact is that due to the shadow/light traits favoring MM slightly more (no passive crit bonus for BM, while Mastery exists for MM), it'll be dead even.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It was 4%. It's been buffed to 6%. It's just enough to keep the status quo. For those interested in how:

1 wep level = 1K dps for BM, 4K for MM (roughly - it's close enough to give you a good idea).

15 Ilvl for MM = 60K.
    15 Ilvl for BM = 15K.
    If you're doing 1.2M DPS, *1.06 = 72K, so this far, BM looks good right? That's a 87K gain vs MM's 60K.

Then comes the traits. Lets assume both specs get their "bis" traits - 3x jaws, 3x pack leader for BM, and 3x UA, 3x MFD for MM.
    For MM, UA is worth 6 ilvls, and MFD is worth 2.5. That's 25.5 Ilvls, or 102K DPS.

Keep in mind that while BM *can* have 3x Jaws relics right now (making the theoretical max gain 18 ilvls with the crucible unlocks), MM can only have 2 UA, which means their theoretical max "gain" from this is 5+6 (2x MFD, 1x UA), making 11=44K dps vs 18K.

Essentially, you're looking at a 87K+18K = 105K gain for BM from the buff+traits, while MM's looking at 60K+44K = 104K.

Bm "wins" 1K dps, but realistically, this is *just* to keep up the status quo. Fact is that due to the shadow/light traits favoring MM slightly more (no passive crit bonus for BM, while Mastery exists for MM), it'll be dead even.
    Most MM hunters already have 1-2 UA relics from the raid though.... and their 2nd relic is a far less dps gain than using their first for your calc.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Most MM hunters already have 2 UA relics from the raid though....
    Which I literally accounted for. And I quote:
    "MM can only have 2 UA, which means their theoretical max "gain" from this is 5+6 (2x MFD, 1x UA), making 11=44K dps vs 18K".

Explain to me what exactly you think is wrong with my statement, because I'm confused as fuck.

15 Ilvl for MM = 60K.
    15 Ilvl for BM = 15K.

I just simmed myself to find out about how much I will gain solely from the +15 iLvl and since I could only sim +13 iLvl to my current weapon as it reaches its current limits there I gained ~71k SimDps which results in ~ 5,5k dps per iLvl. That would make the gain even higher with the right traits. Plus you forgot that having a life relic with UA is actually possible since one drops from the World Quests on Argus and can proc pretty high.
    Following your calculations and leaving out the life relic, we'd be at a 105K vs 126,5K for BM vs MM if I am not really messing something up now or missing something (or maybe just am too tired).

Which I literally accounted for. And I quote:
    "MM can only have 2 UA, which means their theoretical max "gain" from this is 5+6 (2x MFD, 1x UA), making 11=44K dps vs 18K".

Explain to me what exactly you think is wrong with my statement, because I'm confused as fuck.
    I saw

and also ilvl means more for bm now than 1 its like 1.5 and almost 2 if your Aspect build. Its not 4 to 1 like your saying.

Not to mention we get 6% more..

so lets say 1.5. which makes us like 110. then add 6% cause were 6% overall which means 117 now...
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-09 at 02:51 AM.

I'm not sure that "we back boys", if all this does is maintain the status quo - which has MM crushing BM even on movement fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextrox View Post
    I just simmed myself to find out about how much I will gain solely from the +15 iLvl and since I could only sim +13 iLvl to my current weapon as it reaches its current limits there I gained ~71k SimDps which results in ~ 5,5k dps per iLvl. That would make the gain even higher with the right traits. Plus you forgot that having a life relic with UA is actually possible since one drops from the World Quests on Argus and can proc pretty high.
    Following your calculations and leaving out the life relic, we'd be at a 105K vs 126,5K for BM vs MM if I am not really messing something up now or missing something (or maybe just am too tired).
    I'm going off of the numbers in Effin's sims, which almost certainly uses lower gear levels than most people that would think to sim themselves (915 ilvl, 930 weapons I think?), which would explain the increase. BM would also "scale up" at about the same rate (so if it's 5.5K for MM up from 4k, it'd likely be 1.35K or so for BM).

It's important to remember that the numbers are largely relative - the gap exists across item levels, it doesn't really matter what the exact number is (because that's going to depend on the individual players' gear), what matters is we know how big it is in relative terms. For BM/MM, rule of thumb, 1 weapon level is worth 4 times as much.

I did indeed neglect the life relic from world quests - I've been focused on gearing my bear so I actually haven't farmed much on my hunter, and didn't realise that was a thing. I'd still argue that with a 895 base, it's unreasonable to expect a relic that will outdo a standard mythic level relic from sisters (MFD trait), though, but it's certainly possible; Atleast a third jaws relic for BM drops at 915 base.

I saw

and also ilvl means more for bm now than 1 its like 1.5 and almost 2 if your Aspect build. Its not 4 to 1 like your saying.

Not to mention we get 6% more..

so lets say 1.5. which makes us like 110. then add 6% cause were 6% overall which means 117 now...

First off, your words make no sense. You can't say "ilvl means more for bm now than 1 it's like 1.5 and almost 2". That makes no sense. 1 Item level is 1 item level. 1 Item level can be worth MORE, but 1 item level isn't worth 2 item levels within the same spec. That's silly. Your math also doesn't make much sense. You're adding 6% to which 6%? How are you getting 25.5 item levels?

That being said;
    See above post for an explanation of the numbers. Just running my own, a single level on my weapon using the aspect build for BM (with qa'pla, convergence, and bracers) results in 1.7K dps per relic level. For MM, it is indeed 5.5K like Hex gets (and my MM gear is objectively worse than my BM gear). So BM does win a *tiny* bit on using Aspect (but then, aspect is only viable at the highest gear levels; Even for me, the difference between Aspect and Killer Cobra is less than 20K, and Killer Cobra allows for far better single target burst). But lets plug the numbers in then, using my own profile instead of a generic one that's publicly available:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ull/dracodraco (for reference).

As already said, 1.7K per level for BM, 5.5K per level for MM with optimal gear and talents for single target.

15 weapon levels for both specs:
    15*1.7 = 25.5K for BM.
    15*5.5 = 82.5K for MM.

My singletarget sim for BM is 1288K. 1288K*1.06 = 1365, so an increase of 77K.

After initial crucible/hotfixes, DPS GAIN:

BM - 102.5K
    MM - 82.5K

Add weapons. I'm going to assume life-relics still aren't UA, because getting a titanforge high enough to slot into your life relic is super unlikely with the content having been out for a week, and the low base item level (and even if it was true that most people had 3x UA relics, it just means that they would be that much stronger basewise, still not changing how effectively BM catches "up" at all).

2x MFD relics are worth 5 item levels for MM.
    1x UA relic is worth 6 item levels for MM.
    MM gains 11 total Ilvls from crucible second-traits. That's 60.5K.

For BM, we can assume 2x jaws and 1x pack leader to make it "fair" - you should have a iron relic from guldan farm as no other class needed that one.
    That means you get:
    2x Pack leader relics are worth 12 item levels for BM.
    1x Jaws relic is worth 8 item levels for BM.

Or a total gain of 20 item levels, * 1.7 = 34K. Add the numbers together:

BM: 102.5K+34K = 136.5K.
    MM: 82.5K+60.5K = 143K.

As you can see - the difference remains almost the exact same as it was previously. That's because, as mentioned before, it's not an issue of MM getting exponentially stronger (or BM weaker) over time; The relative difference between the two specs remain almost identical, even as you progress the item levels higher and higher. Using ballpark numbers from widely public sims that I imagine most hunters have looked at (and the place where you'd likely have picked up the "UA = 6 ilvls, MFD = 2.5 and so forth) would do the job just fine, but I did it with my own character now to show it's not an issue with the numbers.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-09-09 at 03:17 AM.

I'm going off of the numbers in Effin's sims, which almost certainly uses lower gear levels than most people that would think to sim themselves (915 ilvl, 930 weapons I think?), which would explain the increase. BM would also "scale up" at about the same rate (so if it's 5.5K for MM up from 4k, it'd likely be 1.35K or so for BM).

It's important to remember that the numbers are largely relative - the gap exists across item levels, it doesn't really matter what the exact number is (because that's going to depend on the individual players' gear), what matters is we know how big it is in relative terms. For BM/MM, rule of thumb, 1 weapon level is worth 4 times as much.

I did indeed neglect the life relic from world quests - I've been focused on gearing my bear so I actually haven't farmed much on my hunter, and didn't realise that was a thing. I'd still argue that with a 895 base, it's unreasonable to expect a relic that will outdo a standard mythic level relic from sisters (MFD trait), though, but it's certainly possible; Atleast a third jaws relic for BM drops at 915 base.

First off, your words make no sense. You can't say "ilvl means more for bm now than 1 it's like 1.5 and almost 2". That makes no sense. 1 Item level is 1 item level. 1 Item level can be worth MORE, but 1 item level isn't worth 2 item levels within the same spec. That's silly. Your math also doesn't make much sense. You're adding 6% to which 6%? How are you getting 25.5 item levels?

That being said;
    See above post for an explanation of the numbers. Just running my own, a single level on my weapon using the aspect build for BM (with qa'pla, convergence, and bracers) results in 1.7K dps per relic level. For MM, it is indeed 5.5K like Hex gets (and my MM gear is objectively worse than my BM gear). So BM does win a *tiny* bit on using Aspect (but then, aspect is only viable at the highest gear levels; Even for me, the difference between Aspect and Killer Cobra is less than 20K, and Killer Cobra allows for far better single target burst). But lets plug the numbers in then, using my own profile instead of a generic one that's publicly available:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ull/dracodraco (for reference).

As already said, 1.7K per level for BM, 5.5K per level for MM with optimal gear and talents for single target.

15 weapon levels for both specs:
    15*1.7 = 25.5K for BM.
    15*5.5 = 82.5K for MM.

My singletarget sim for BM is 1288K. 1288K*1.06 = 1365, so an increase of 77K.

After initial crucible/hotfixes, DPS GAIN:

BM - 102.5K
    MM - 82.5K

Add weapons. I'm going to assume life-relics still aren't UA, because getting a titanforge high enough to slot into your life relic is super unlikely with the content having been out for a week, and the low base item level (and even if it was true that most people had 3x UA relics, it just means that they would be that much stronger basewise, still not changing how effectively BM catches "up" at all).

2x MFD relics are worth 5 item levels for MM.
    1x UA relic is worth 6 item levels for MM.
    MM gains 11 total Ilvls from crucible second-traits. That's 60.5K.

For BM, we can assume 2x jaws and 1x pack leader to make it "fair" - you should have a iron relic from guldan farm as no other class needed that one.
    That means you get:
    2x Pack leader relics are worth 12 item levels for BM.
    1x Jaws relic is worth 8 item levels for BM.

Or a total gain of 20 item levels, * 1.7 = 34K. Add the numbers together:

BM: 102.5K+34K = 136.5K.
    MM: 82.5K+60.5K = 143K.

As you can see - the difference remains almost the exact same as it was previously. That's because, as mentioned before, it's not an issue of MM getting exponentially stronger (or BM weaker) over time; The relative difference between the two specs remain almost identical, even as you progress the item levels higher and higher. Using ballpark numbers from widely public sims that I imagine most hunters have looked at (and the place where you'd likely have picked up the "UA = 6 ilvls, MFD = 2.5 and so forth) would do the job just fine, but I did it with my own character now to show it's not an issue with the numbers.

First off your doing your math BASED OFF OLD NUMBERS then asking why i'm saying add 6%... because any math you do off old numbers needs to be x1.06

2nd
    show me sims that show 1 ilvl-1k dps your going off some garbage guide written by some mid tier hunter at the start of the expansion.
    Everything that ive seen shows 1 ilvl on weapon being like 1.5k or even 2k dps and ive heard talk that it could be even higher for aspect build which alot of people assume will now be outright #1 build to play for everything ST over Spitting cobra build because aspect build Scales well with SS relics... so 7x jaw+7x SS relic makes aspect build really good since you can almost global cap your focus with cobra shots with that much reduction.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-09 at 03:36 AM.

Can you please stop basing your math/arguments off Effin's horribly outdated sim data.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Can you please stop basing your math/arguments off Effin's horribly outdated sim data.
    not to mention aspect build wasn't even a thing when he did his sims and aspect build scales a lot different now with SS relics and should outscale the very poor scaling build that is Spitting cobra's

First off your doing your math BASED OFF OLD NUMBERS then asking why i'm saying add 6%... because any math you do off old numbers needs to be x1.06

2nd
    show me sims that show 1 ilvl-1k dps your going off some garbage guide written by some mid tier hunter at the start of the expansion.
    Everything that ive seen shows 1 ilvl on weapon being like 1.5k or even 2k dps and ive heard talk that it could be even higher for aspect build which alot of people assume will now be outright #1 build to play for everything ST over Spitting cobra build because aspect build Scales well with SS relics... so 7x jaw+7x SS relic makes aspect build really good since you can almost global cap your focus with cobra shots with that much reduction.
    Are you not even fucking reading anymore? Please, go through the post. I redid the numbers using my own hunters sim data, which does support 1.7K per BM weapon level (but not "1 level is worth 2"). But you seem to have decided to ignore the fact that I *literally just did as you told me and got the exact same result*.
    (Also, Spitting cobra is a Survival talent. I don't think we're going to see a BM build using Spitting cobra anytime soon).

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    I literally just did using my own numbers. Spoilers; It didn't actually change apart from the numbers getting bigger. Read the fucking post, maybe post some of your own findings if you want to participate.

not to mention aspect build wasn't even a thing when he did his sims and aspect build scales a lot different now with SS relics and should outscale the very poor scaling build that is Spitting cobra's
    Again, I just ran the sims using my own hunter, using the aspect build and the optimal legendaries for it (because spoilers, I played it for all of avatar cos singletarget). Didn't change jack. MM's numbers go up over time at the same rate as BM's, except at 4x the amount, just as I fucking said.

(Also there still is no fucking Spitting cobra's build for BM).

Just to quote your ninja edit:
    The 1.06x multiplier is added. Search for the line that literally says:
    "My singletarget sim for BM is 1288K. 1288K*1.06 = 1365, so an increase of 77K."

Also, just for fucking funsies, relative relic strength:
    https://gyazo.com/033361d7d8fb6e1c7da2aaa4e7e337a6

Bottom: 0 DPS storm relic.
    Second: Pack leader, 10037 dps gain, 5.9 ilvls.
    Third: My current setup, irrelevant.
    Top: 3x Jaws, 11510 DPS gain, 6.8 ilvls. Jaws are actually worth less than is being assumed above, which means my estimates are being super generous.

Getting the sims for MM in a sec when the queue is over.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-09-09 at 03:52 AM.

Are you not even fucking reading anymore? Please, go through the post. I redid the numbers using my own hunters sim data, which does support 1.7K per BM weapon level (but not "1 level is worth 2"). But you seem to have decided to ignore the fact that I *literally just did as you told me and got the exact same result*.
    (Also, Spitting cobra is a Survival talent. I don't think we're going to see a BM build using Spitting cobra anytime soon).

I literally just did using my own numbers. Spoilers; It didn't actually change apart from the numbers getting bigger. Read the fucking post, maybe post some of your own findings if you want to participate.

Again, I just ran the sims using my own hunter, using the aspect build and the optimal legendaries for it (because spoilers, I played it for all of avatar cos singletarget). Didn't change jack. MM's numbers go up over time at the same rate as BM's, except at 4x the amount, just as I fucking said.

(Also there still is no fucking Spitting cobra's build for BM).
    You know exactly what I was talking about Killer cobra. or w/e the talent 99.99% of hunters were forced to take for everything up untill like 7 weeks ago. It was so mandatory i don't even remember the name. but still at 1.7 that adds almost 20k to BM over your original when you consider you never added in the x1.06
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-09-09 at 03:51 AM.

You know exactly what I was talking about Killer cobra. or w/e the talent 99.99% of hunters were forced to take for everything up untill like 7 weeks ago. It was so mandatory i don't even remember the name. but still at 1.7 that adds almost 20k to BM over your original when you consider you never added in the x1.06
    See, I was going to type in all caps but I realised you are probably drunk. I will quote myself quoting myself and maybe you'll be able to read it this time:
    The 1.06x multiplier is added. Search for the line that literally says:

"My singletarget sim for BM is 1288K. 1288K*1.06 = 1365, so an increase of 77K."

It's fucking there. It's in all of the posts where I put out the data. You just aren't comprehending that it's already been added, for whatever reason.

Just to add the MM relics, breakdown:

https://gyazo.com/ae4f7b5d0e9b4c72baf646cf0de50bc6

And this is interesting, because it's something you haven't even remotely suggested but may work in your favor; The sim is only valueing UA traits at roughly the same as MFD traits (in fact, 3x MFD traits came out ahead of 3x UA traits - and 2x UA, 1x MFD ahead of 3x UA as well). Baseline is a null, 2x UA relics, and then we get:

3x UA: 16.3K gain, or about 3 item levels.
    2x UA, 1x MFD: 18.1K gain, or about 3.3 item levels.

So MFD is worth 3.3, UA is worth 3 rather than 2.5 and 6 with my current gear, which does change the numbers around a bit. That means your best case scenario is +9 weapon levels from 3x UA relics, rather than +11 weapon levels as previously stated, which puts MM at a 49.5K gain, rather than 60.5K, which means that in my current gear, with current sims and optimal legendaries, not using any outdated numbers or assumptions, the ultimate gain is:

BM - 15 wep levels from initial for 1.7K*15 = 25.5K.
    BM - 6% damage from initial at ~1.3M = 78K.
    *SS RELICS - 20.4 wep levels from 3x SS = 34.7k.
    *PACK LEADER RELICS - 18.6 wep levels from 2x pack, 1x jaws relic = 31.6K.

EDIT: 3x SS, 3x Jaws traits are better - that means it's 20.4 levels, not 18.6

Grand total of: 138.2K

MM - 15 wep levels from initial for 5.5k*15 = 82.5K.
    MM - 9 wep levels from 3x UA relics = 49.5K.
    Grand total of: 132K

What a motherfucking shock, the relative difference between the specs remained pretty much exactly the same. It's not like I said that from the start.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-09-09 at 04:23 AM.

I am just a simple man, my question is for what relics should we aim then? and where can we farm them? Well the last question i can see for myself i guess xD

Ty in advance

question is for BM

Quote Originally Posted by Xenake View Post
    I am just a simple man, my question is for what relics should we aim then? and where can we farm them? Well the last question i can see for myself i guess xD

Ty in advance

question is for BM
    Jaws or Slithering serpent and then crucible on the other. Which in the raid you can get 2x SS and 1x Jaws I believe

Jaws or Slithering serpent and then crucible on the other. Which in the raid you can get 2x SS and 1x Jaws I believe
    Both right and wrong. There's 2x SS and 2x Jaws relics in tomb, but they're all storm/arcane. There's no good, easy iron relic. SS relics seems to be worth 6.9 though, so you can chug another 3K on top of the BM damage result above if you get 3x SS relics instead of 3x Pack leader relics. SS and Jaws relics are basically both worth the same (the difference between 3x SS, and 3x Jaws is ~600 dps).

Iron relic is farmed from either world quests (Stygian munition casing), or VOTW (Soulsap Shackles).
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-09-09 at 04:24 AM.

What is this "aspect build" you guys talk about?