Surv PvP: Haste or Crit

Which one is more important/useful and yields better results?

They both kinda suck, but probably Crit.

Haste is dead last...

1) Verst
    2) Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Haste is dead last...

1) Verst
    2) Mastery
    So between 2 gear pieces:

One has Crit and Multistrike
    The other has Mastery and Haste

Which one would be better?

The Patient
    Crit, you kill target when you cc his partner and when you trap him successfully you get 50 focus back instantly. Haste is useless.

As you all say haste is the worst...by how much is the stat-value of haste roughly reduced in PvP for Sv hunters?

Because if you take the values from Azor's guide and adjust them for PvP, you get
    Vers (0.39) > Ms (0.26) ~= Mastery (0.25) ~= Haste (0.24) > Crit (0.18)

So Haste is reduced by at least more than 25% in PvP?
    I get that crits are useful as "burst" damage, but seeing how little burst Sv has to begin with I wonder how valuable it can really be.

In PvP things are very different...The top stat is Verst followed by (insert depends on spec)...SV its Mastery...In other Words enchant your gear Mastery..For set pieces look for the rep item that has the most Verst and take that...non set items if it has Verst take it other wise take the mastery one regardless of 2nd stat...

At least thats what I know...am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    In PvP things are very different...The top stat is Verst followed by (insert depends on spec)...SV its Mastery...In other Words enchant your gear Mastery..For set pieces look for the rep item that has the most Verst and take that...non set items if it has Verst take it other wise take the mastery one regardless of 2nd stat...

At least thats what I know...am I right?
    Why enchant mastery when it's not your best stat.
    seems foolish to me.

And for gear, just get the off-set piece that gives the biggest stat increase compared to what it replaces.
    Not every spec has vers as their top secondary in pvp.

And I know that stats differ there.
    But I was wondering how much haste differs from pvp, considering hunter is in the unique position where neither the melee haste-malus nor the caster haste bonus really apply.

Finding it hard to see Mastery being Survival's best stat for PvP - Versatility is magnitudes better in PvE and there are no changes to their scaling in PvP. Furthermore, Versatility has the damage-reduction thing.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/25...pet-guide-wod/

Things to take into account:

Haste affects roughly 25% of the overall damage (Auto Shot, Cobra Shot, Pet Autoattack)
    Mastery affects ~70% of overall damage (Everything except Auto Shot, Crows, Glaive Toss / Barrage, Pet Damage)
    Crit Damage is 150%
    Multistrike damage is 136%
    Survival hunters get 5% more multistrike from all sources

Basic Math:

100 Crit Rating = 0,91% Crit Chance
    100 Multistrike = 1,51% Multistrike Chance
    100 Haste = 1,00% Haste
    100 Mastery = 0,91% Mastery
    100 Versatility = 0,77% Versatility
    100 Agility = ~3,50% more dmg

->

0,91% Crit Chance = 0,45% more dmg
    1,51% Multistrike = 0,57% more dmg
    1,00% Haste = kinda hard to calculate
    0,91% Mastery = 0,64% more dmg
    0,77% Versatility = 0,77% more dmg
    100 Agility = ~3,50% more dmg

Some things to note:

For survival gearing is pretty straight forward, the only uncertain stat being haste. Haste is probably the worst stat due to it affecting such a low proportion of the overall damage and focus regen not being a big issue for survival. The value of agility is also kind of hard to calculate, but it's by far the best stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    As you all say haste is the worst...by how much is the stat-value of haste roughly reduced in PvP for Sv hunters?

Because if you take the values from Azor's guide and adjust them for PvP, you get
    Vers (0.39) > Ms (0.26) ~= Mastery (0.25) ~= Haste (0.24) > Crit (0.18)

So Haste is reduced by at least more than 25% in PvP?
    I get that crits are useful as "burst" damage, but seeing how little burst Sv has to begin with I wonder how valuable it can really be.
    The whole thing is so confusing;

Also how much haste does it take to generate enough focus to garner you one extra arcane shot in your rotation before having to fire off multiple cobras or focus shots?

I would think the very fact SV attacks speeds are inherently slow and compounded by having to constantly weave in very slow focus regen shots, render a minute multistrike proc mute vs staking enough haste to weave in an extra guaranteed shot.