1. #1

    New Enh Shoulder

    Is it just me or does the new enh legendary shoulder not seem to be working?? I've been beating a dummy for maybe an hour in total and i havent seen a single proc. When I switch to the new ele gloves, which does basically the same thing, it gives almost 100% uptime on Ascendance.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgeir View Post
    Is it just me or does the new enh legendary shoulder not seem to be working?? I've been beating a dummy for maybe an hour in total and i havent seen a single proc. When I switch to the new ele gloves, which does basically the same thing, it gives almost 100% uptime on Ascendance.
    The proc rate is very low and the ability it's latched onto is one that, in most cases, would only cast every 6 or 7 seconds at most. Those two things compiled together make it a low uptime.

    The Elemental ones are based on spells that are also barely cast, but the proc rates are much higher leading to the uptime you see.

    All in all the Enhance version of this legendary is by far one of the worst added since Ascendance on it's own for the spec is borderline useless. Unlike Ele, which opens up Lava Burst for spam, Enhance just gains a slight damage buff to Stormstrike and a cost reduction.

  3. #3
    doesn't work on ptr atm

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    The proc rate is very low and the ability it's latched onto is one that, in most cases, would only cast every 6 or 7 seconds at most. Those two things compiled together make it a low uptime.

    The Elemental ones are based on spells that are also barely cast, but the proc rates are much higher leading to the uptime you see.

    All in all the Enhance version of this legendary is by far one of the worst added since Ascendance on it's own for the spec is borderline useless. Unlike Ele, which opens up Lava Burst for spam, Enhance just gains a slight damage buff to Stormstrike and a cost reduction.
    Wtf so much text and still no answer.

    I have tested it and it didnt work at all. Additionally i would suggest it is up to simcraft to show whether it is worth. The new ring is pretty weak and Ascendance is a suvstential dps gain. If you get 10sec Ascendance/minute, it definitely beats EOTN on single target and can be considered BIS.
    Last edited by Klatar; Today at 06:43 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Wtf so much text and still no answer.

    I have tested it and it didnt work at all. Additionally i would suggest it is up to simcraft to show whether it is worth. The new ring is pretty weak and Ascendance is a suvstential dps gain. If you get 10sec Ascendance/minute, it definitely beats EOTN on single target and can be considered BIS.
    No answer? It has a low proc rate, off a low use ability. It won't proc often.
    Also, not sure about sims, but EoTN is just flat damage boost while Ascendance is not. Ring will be better in more situations than not

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    The proc rate is very low and the ability it's latched onto is one that, in most cases, would only cast every 6 or 7 seconds at most. Those two things compiled together make it a low uptime.

    The Elemental ones are based on spells that are also barely cast, but the proc rates are much higher leading to the uptime you see.
    I know 10% chance is pretty low, however from my testing as ele, their gloves didnt proc that much from earth shock, which is a 20% chance, but from earthquakes, which have the same proc rate of 10%. In addition to that, of maybe 13 earthquakes, only one of them didnt proc the gloves. I ran with the legendary shoulders that gives a free earthquake from time to time, and basically every single one of said earthquakes procced the gloves. This could even happen before the last application of ascendance ran out, so I had 12 sec of ascendance left. When i tested the enh shoulder, i did so with my normal rotation with tier 20 to begin with, but switched to only using rockbiter to see if i could even get a proc... Nothing happened.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    No answer? It has a low proc rate, off a low use ability. It won't proc often.
    Also, not sure about sims, but EoTN is just flat damage boost while Ascendance is not. Ring will be better in more situations than not
    He asked if they were working on the PTR or not, which they don't. So yeah, you didn't answer his question at all.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromthak View Post
    He asked if they were working on the PTR or not, which they don't. So yeah, you didn't answer his question at all.
    They did work for me when I popped on earlier when they were first put up. I don't know what's changed since then though. All I can give is my input on the basic testing I did with some guildies and they procced very little.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    They did work for me when I popped on earlier when they were first put up. I don't know what's changed since then though. All I can give is my input on the basic testing I did with some guildies and they procced very little.
    They haven't worked since they appeared on the vendors. Stop making shit up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •