Quote Originally Posted by ryan1mcq View Post
    Here is my newest set up

Helm, shoulders and gloves from the set that drops in heroic trial of valor

Robe and boots from the vindictive combatants ensemble in dalaran

Belt from owin ogron in mythic highmaul

mace and shield both from heroic lei shen in throne of thunder
    Not a huge Fan but everybody to there own so gj

Im Troll going t2 recolour with Netherbane just missing a few bits atmo
    no idea how to post pics but atmo i use LFR Chosen Dead Prideful Helm and Blood Fury Axes

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Is that a transmog? Really? Looks exactly like someone who didn't use transmog at all. It's so overly random, and nothing matches whatsoever.
    You're like one of them guys who point out that a child's drawing is really shit.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    You're like one of them guys who point out that a child's drawing is really shit.
    Odd analogy really, since a transmog made by, what I can only assume, is an adult, isn't the same as a child's drawing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    So we're supposed to patronise people and go against our own criticism just so we don't hurt them?

I suppose I'm just not cowardly enough to feel the need to point out flaws in other people's transmog's online. If they're happy with they way they look and want to show it off then all the best to them. It's great that people have different tastes and aren't all dressing the same way but then again I didn't realise this was called Review My Transmog Thread.

Deleted
    I suppose I'm just not cowardly enough to feel the need to point out flaws in other people's transmog's online.
    I would say being honest with people to the point where you can offer criticism is the opposite of cowardly...

What's the point in showing your transmog if you're not willing to open yourself to the scrutiny of others? You're either doing transmog for yourself and don't need to justify it by putting it on a pedestal for others to judge or you're showing people with the expectation that others will judge it.

Can't handle criticism? Grow thicker skin and come back later.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-08-18 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I would say being honest with people to the point where you can offer criticism is the opposite of cowardly...

What's the point in showing your transmog if you're not willing to open yourself to the scrutiny of others? You're either doing transmog for yourself and don't need to justify it by putting it on a pedestal for others to judge or you're showing people with the expectation that others will judge it.
    Perhaps they're just showing it off for the fun of sharing? You don't have to review or be critical of everything in life, especially to the level of the previous poster. Where's the benefit in that sort of comment? It has no feedback for the player to improve their transmog and what's there to improve? It's personal taste, it's subjective, you can't tell somebody what to like. Nor did the poster ask for her post to be judged, I suggest people look at themselves in the mirror and find their own flaws rather then the need to subjectively critique others.

Deleted
    Perhaps they're just showing it off for the fun of sharing?
    Great then by all means share what you enjoy. However, if you're unwilling to accept people giving their thoughts on what you're sharing then you're only doing it for yourself which totally nullifies the point of sharing.

You don't have to review or be critical of everything in life, especially to the level of the previous poster.
    This is a forum where people actively discuss every aspect of what's going on. What's the point of posting something on a forum if you're going to become defensive when a reply doesn't go in your favour? Especially about something as subjective as transmog.

Where's the benefit in that sort of comment? It has no feedback for the player to improve their transmog and what's there to improve?
    Actually I see two points of feedback that he offered:

1. It's random.
    2. Nothing looks like it matches.

But by all means, feel free to discard those words because the overall tone of the message hit a sore spot.

It's personal taste, it's subjective, you can't tell somebody what to like. Nor did the poster ask for her post to be judged
    Great, then on the topic of subjectivity I'd say it's fair to that people can offer their subjective opinions on what people have presented to them. Also, nobody is telling people what to like. However, I do see you telling people that they cannot dislike something or at least voice their opinion on why they dislike it. Seems a bit hypocritical, no?

I suggest people look at themselves in the mirror and find their own flaws rather then the need to subjectively critique others.
    You know what's a really nasty flaw to have? A mentality where you feel the need to be hyper defensive about something that isn't objective. You said it yourself: Transmog is subjective. If you truly feel that way then why do you care what others say about it?

In fact, @phistoh already offered their feedback on the response you're so heavily criticising and accepted that people have different tastes. Why do you feel the need to defend someone that didn't ask for you to come to their side about something as subjective as artistic tastes? Especially after they already responded in a neutral way. Did they ask you to do this?
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-08-18 at 08:38 PM.

Great then by all means share what you enjoy. However, if you're unwilling to accept people giving their thoughts on what you're sharing then you're only doing it for yourself which totally nullifies the point of sharing.
    Some people are going to force their own opinion on you no matter what. I understand this and it shows a lot about a person, especially when the the person is throwing there own opinion at nearly everything which is subjective and hasn't been asked.

This is a forum where people actively discuss every aspect of what's going on. What's the point of posting something on a forum if you're going to become defensive when a reply doesn't go in your favour? Especially about something as subjective as transmog.
    I know how a forum works, thanks for the heads up. I just don't feel the need to spread my critical thinking on every other post when the thread hasn't been made for the purpose of one persons constant subjective reviews. You must think very highly of yourself to do this and I wouldn't say I was the only one now being defensive.

Actually I see two points of feedback that he offered:

1. It's random.
    2. Nothing looks like it matches.

But by all means, feel free to discard those words because the overall tone of the message hit a sore spot.
    Again, tell me how this is good feedback? Lets just revisit exactly what Venziir said,

"Is that a transmog? Really? Looks exactly like someone who didn't use transmog at all. It's so overly random, and nothing matches whatsoever."

It's offering nothing in terms of suggestions or how he would see to improve her transmog in his opinion. It's just a impolite way of showing his negative feedback on something she never asked for. Also, it's his opinion nothing matches, I can see quite a lot that matches. It's all pretty low if you ask me, but again, it tells you a lot about the person.

Great, then on the topic of subjectivity I'd say it's fair to that people can offer their subjective opinions on what people have presented to them. Also, nobody is telling people what to like. However, I do see you telling people that they cannot dislike something or at least voice their opinion on why they dislike it. Seems a bit hypocritical, no?
    I didn't say anyone was telling her what to like, I said you can't tell someone what to like. Big difference. I also didn't say you can't dislike something or voice your opinion to dislike it. I didn't say that at all, what I'm suggesting is you don't have to, what's hypocritical about that? Nothing, because you're twisting what I'm saying in this argument.

Also I'm all for freedom of speech, carry on expressing your opinions on this thread. Please, keep it up. It shows the type of character you are. Whereas in the same token I can carry on as well, but alas I won't after this as I don't want to derail the thread.

You know what's a really nasty flaw to have? A mentality where you feel the need to be hyper defensive about something that isn't objective. You said it yourself: Transmog is subjective. If you truly feel that way then why do you care what others say about it?
    Why do you care what I said to Venziir? You're kinda digging yourself in to a hole with your own narrative there.

In fact, @phistoh already offered their feedback on the response you're so heavily criticising and accepted that people have different tastes. Why do you feel the need to defend someone that didn't ask for you to come to their side about something as subjective as artistic tastes? Especially after they already responded in a neutral way. Did they ask you to do this?
    It wasn't Venziir offering the good feedback though was it? It wasn't Venziir responding a neutral way. I mean again I could say why do you feel the need to come running to Venziir's defence? Did he ask you to do this? It's the same question really, but this is getting rather petty and for you to dissect my post and for me to return the favour isn't going to be good for this thread. All I ask is if you're going to do it, then at least do it accurately with your criticism because it really doesn't look good when you twist peoples words to fit your own agenda.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2017-08-18 at 10:59 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some people are going to force their own opinion on you no matter what. I understand this and it shows a lot about a person, especially when the the person is throwing there own opinion at nearly everything which is subjective and hasn't been asked.

I know how a forum works, thanks for the heads up. I just don't feel the need to spread my critical thinking on every other post when the thread hasn't been made for the purpose of one persons constant subjective reviews. You must think very highly of yourself to do this and I wouldn't say I was the only one now being defensive.

Again, tell me how this is good feedback? Lets just revisit exactly what Venziir said,

"Is that a transmog? Really? Looks exactly like someone who didn't use transmog at all. It's so overly random, and nothing matches whatsoever."

It's offering nothing in terms of suggestions or how he would see to improve her transmog in his opinion. It's just a impolite way of showing his negative feedback on something she never asked for. Also, it's his opinion nothing matches, I can see quite a lot that matches. It's all pretty low if you ask me, but again, it tells you a lot about the person.

I didn't say anyone was telling her what to like, I said you can't tell someone what to like. Big difference. I also didn't say you can't dislike something or voice your opinion to dislike it. I didn't say that at all, what I'm suggesting is you don't have to, what's hypocritical about that? Nothing, because you're twisting what I'm saying in this argument.

Also I'm all for freedom of speech, carry on expressing your opinions on this thread. Please, keep it up. It shows the type of character you are. Whereas in the same token I can carry on as well, but alas I won't after this as I don't want to derail the thread.

Why do you care what I said to Venziir? You're kinda digging yourself in to a hole with your own narrative there.

It wasn't Venziir offering the good feedback though was it? It wasn't Venziir responding a neutral way. I mean again I could say why do you feel the need to come running to Venziir's defence? Did he ask you to do this? It's the same question really, but this is getting rather petty and for you to dissect my post and for me to return the favour isn't going to be good for this thread. All I ask is if you're going to do it, then at least do it accurately with your criticism because it really doesn't look good when you twist peoples words to fit your own agenda.
    ... Damn, you sure care a lot about something I posted almost 3 months ago.... A lot more than the guy whose transmog I actually commented on, he/she sure seemed to take my critique or whatever, in a lot more civilized matter... But by all means; throw a massive tantrum. A shame really, I kinda thought you were a cool guy - o well!

... Damn, you sure care a lot about something I posted almost 3 months ago.... A lot more than the guy whose transmog I actually commented on, he/she sure seemed to take my critique or whatever, in a lot more civilized matter... But by all means; throw a massive tantrum. A shame really, I kinda thought you were a cool guy - o well!
    He's right though. If you want to critique and rate peoples transmogs, there's a thread for that. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-set-above-you!
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    He's right though. If you want to critique and rate peoples transmogs, there's a thread for that. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-set-above-you!
    So? Commenting on a transmog in any other transmog thread is, what, not permitted? Forbidden? Bull....

So? Commenting on a transmog in any other transmog thread is, what, not permitted? Forbidden? Bull....
    Nah it's fine if you want to be the kind of guy that feels the need to give your opinion even though it wasn't asked for, by all means, do it.
    Priest Warrior

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nah it's fine if you want to be the kind of guy that feels the need to give your opinion even though it wasn't asked for, by all means, do it.
    Yeeaaah... Because, clearly, on these 200 pages of comments and transmogs, surely, I'm the only one to EVER comment... Christ almighty...

Yeeaaah... Because, clearly, on these 200 pages of comments and transmogs, surely, I'm the only one to EVER comment... Christ almighty...
    There's 200 pages of comments, and then there's you, shitting on people.
    Priest Warrior

Deleted
    I kind of agree with Venziir here. This thread is about sharing transmogrification, so there should be no issue giving advice or critique. You're kind of putting yourself on a pedestal for others to see, which inevitably will result in critique.

It's the same deal with YouTubers or streamers sharing their videos and then complaining that they're receiving critique. Put yourself out there and receive comments, or just hush and don't share anything. Simple as that, really.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Made another mog...

What shoulders are those?
    <Who is John Galt>
    Endgame progression guild on PvE Hyjal-US
    http://whoisjohngalt.enjin.com/
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...o+Is+John+Galt
    Visit us today - Exceptional players always considered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uputz View Post
    What shoulders are those?
    Chosen Dead Raid Finder xD the best colour of the set imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thartanos View Post
    I like this really a lot and since I am new to shaman I don't know what gear pieces those are, could you please list them?