Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Achievement Thoughts - 4.3 edition

Hey all,

I like stopping in sometimes to drop my thoughts on potential/upcoming achievements as well as those that I would like to see implemented given new information. This time around, I'd like to delve into the next patch and mock up some achievements for 4.3. Please feel free to post your own theories/wishlists here.

* Papa's got a brand new bag - Purchase Void Storage.

* Dressed to Impress - Create a new look for yourself using transmogrification.

*Shades of Gray - Collect at least 200 gray equipment items. (Possible title reward: the gray?)
    *** Similar for each rarity, though possibly less required for each, since we don't have 200 legendary items for each class.

* I Put My Pants on Just Like Everybody Else - As a max level character, talk to the following NPCs while wearing transmogrified gear. (list of obscure NPCs across the entire game; Reward: Cloak of the Hero/Cape of the Hero; Your choice between a red cape that looks mysteriously like Superman's or a black cape that looks like Batman's. An NPC offers you the reward when you visit him).

* Cataclysmic Fashion Sense (NEW) - Transmogrify your equipment to resemble at least 5 of these Cataclysm items. (List of about 20 moderately difficult to obtain items, 5 for cloth, leather, mail, and plate).
    * Cataclysmic Fashion Sense (OLD) - Collect at least 50 of the following equipment items. (List of Cataclysm gear). This could be better tailored to say at least 50 items between ilevel X and X. Not sure exactly, but a huge list may not be the best route.
    *** Similar Fashion Sense achievements for each, classic, TBC, and WotLK

* Fashion Bug -
    Complete each of the Fashion Sense achievements below (Title Reward: the Stylish)

*FOS: Dressed to Fight the Scourge - Collect the following items from the Scourge event prior to the Wrath of the Lich King.

*FOS: Twilight Advocate - Collect the following items (list of items from during the pre-Cata event).

*Raiding; In Style - Defeat the following bosses while in a raid group with transmogrified gear (list of end raid bosses old and new, Reward: Raiment of the Fassionista).

*Earthwarder's End - Defeat Deathwing on Normal Difficulty (Title Reward: Earth Guardian)
    *** Earthwarder's Demise
    - Defeat Deathwing on Heroic Difficulty (Title Reward: Earthwarden)

Deleted
    Haha I laughed so hard on some of the names of these achievements And they really go with the Blizzard's "I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of How Awesome I Am" style. Nice ideas, go share them on official forums

Deleted

I like your titles for the defeat of deathwing they are pretty cool tbh also like your "dressed to impress" :P kinda neat

+1 ^^
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

+1 for originality
    +2 for making me laugh

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Hey all,

* I Put My Pants on Just Like Everybody Else - As a max level character, talk to the following NPCs while wearing transmogrified gear. (list of obscure NPCs across the entire game; Reward: Cloak of the Hero/Cape of the Hero; Your choice between a red cape that looks mysteriously like Superman's or a black cape that looks like Batman's. An NPC offers you the reward when you visit him).
    I hope this is a FOS

+1 For teh luls
    +1 For good ideas

Now go spam this on the official forums like other guy said. I want my earthwarden title

Along the lines of I Put my Pants On...

Copy Cat - Wave to X of the following NPCs while wearing gear that looks suspiciously like theirs.

X being an amount equal to all classes for the armor type they can wear. I was thinking of Mages running up to Rhonin in Dalaran wearing Ulduar/Tier 8 and the like.

That would be pretty cool. Run up to thrall and /wave while wearing Thrall's battle regalia or something like that.

Unfortunately, it seems several of these won't happen (at least with the current incarnation of the Transmogrifier). Oh well, fun to dream.

Still Stood in the Fire - Get killed by Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by mannenabo View Post
    Still Stood in the Fire - Get killed by Deathwing.
    Stood in the Fire II - Kill Deathwing with his own fire
    Awesome avatar by Resentful

I wouldn't mind actually getting credit for killing Occul'thar. Killed him every week since 4.2 launched and armory still says 0 kills and no achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I wouldn't mind actually getting credit for killing Occul'thar. Killed him every week since 4.2 launched and armory still says 0 kills and no achievement.
    I would like to see an achievement related to him as well. Here's an interesting one that would be pretty cool.

Eye See You: Defeat Occuthar with no less than 8 characters dead in a ten man raid or 22 in a 25 man raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I would like to see an achievement related to him as well. Here's an interesting one that would be pretty cool.

Eye See You: Defeat Occuthar with no less than 8 characters dead in a ten man raid or 22 in a 25 man raid.
    Seems nice and not hard if people learn to hold their fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of Deathwing : Bring Deathwing to an end (Title : Earth Guard x) (x for name)

End of the apocalypse : Witness the end of deathwing on heroic Difficulty (Title : Earth Warden x)

Other vise all sounded fun and good (Except the Papa's got a brand new bag) Would name it

I don't want to live with these bags anymore

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    Lol'd at the ''Shades of Grey''

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovecookie View Post
    Meh.

Earthwarder's Demise - Defeat Deathwing on Heroic Difficulty (Title Reward: The Chinbreaker)
    Every time I saw that, I'd have to /yell, "Face!"

Deleted
    Pure genious, all of them, Edlarel, now go spam on the forums or be forever unknown by Teh Blizz

How about one called "Mile-High Club". "Do the /flirt emote with a player of the opposite sex during the air phase of the Deathwing encounter."

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchfraze View Post
    How about one called "Mile-High Club". "Do the /flirt emote with a player of the opposite gender during the air phase of the Deathwing encounter."
    Awesome, totally. Fixed the wording though.

And I post to the official forums frequently enough, I just usually see such threads fall into oblivion or get random level 1 alts trolling them there.