Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, the thread in question is here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orting-bad-ads

It's a sticky here in Suggestions and Feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by codsafish View Post
    Mozilla + Noscript + Ad-block. No other way to browse the web, I forgot the internet even had adds!
    Totally this. I did eventually migrate to Chrome though, but they still have similar addons. VERY handy, especially for those of you who frequent....questionable sites, and are afraid of getting viruses and key loggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    But you have to keep in mind that if everyone started using AdBlock, the site wouldn't exist.
    Yep, I have posted in the suggestions thread, but until the audio adds problem is solved I am blocking this site. All the other gaming sites I visit do not play them and so are on my exceptions list. I work in mobile development and so am somewhat dependant on these adds for my revenue too, but would not do anything so blatantly mercenary as allowing audio adds that ruin the site (or app) and cause people to blanket block all adds from the site.

If the audio adds continue it will not be long till everyone IS using Adblock and the problem is solved one way or another.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callidas View Post
    anything so blatantly mercenary as allowing audio adds that ruin the site
    It's not that we want the ads there; it's just that the ads people are still trying to get them blocked, as I've mentioned before.

We hate auto-play ads just as much as everyone else; we want them gone as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaladan View Post
    mmo-champion is still 6 steps ahead of wowhead on pop-ups, evrything i click on wowhead and i mean EVERYTHING gives you a popup... im at the point where im looking for a new item database site.

I'm still a fan of the old thottbot.com

The comments were always entertaining to me.