Grimoire of Sacrifice

Does anyone have some test results as to what % chance this one has to proc its damage? I mean as it looks from just reading the tooltip, it seems super lackluster, but if it had a high proc chance it might not be all that bad to pick if you run "Channel Demonfire" as destro, due to the high amount of attacks in a short time...

In comparison, the other two do not look that strong either however. The bigger pets are not really much stronger, especially when you look at the doomguard casting 2.6 seconds for 13k damage vs imp casting 1.5 seconds for 9k (due to 50% from immolate on target) and service only seems to be suited for pvp when you need some extra utility or burst. (values from PTR, so no idea what they are on beta right now)

It is RPPM, so Channel Demonfire does not increase proc rate.

As for damage, it's somewhat weak in single target, but gets stronger and stronger the more targets it hits.

currently it seems to be strongest with affl...might be rppm, but having corruption on everything and SoC poping on all targets ensures it procs asap
    Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    If fel energy is an apple tree, a warlock is throwing the apples at you while a DH is eating the apples and then punching you with his superior apple-based health plan.

I don't have any specific numbers, but I've been leveling as Affliction and I'm absolutely loving Grimoire of Sacrifice while questing. I can pull 4-5 mobs, DoT them up, drain tank one, and they disintegrate with all the GoS procs. It procs very often. No doubt less DPS on a single target then a pet would be, but not by a heck of a lot, and WAY more DPS on multi-target than a pet would be.

Ah yeah I also tested it now, seems really disappointing. As it stands now it roughly seems to proc every 10 seconds or so. Using the infernal is most likely a better option to get in a bit of extra AE damage, plus the stun that you get from it...

mind you, its RPPM is per target, so each target that u damage can proc sacrifice and is on its own rppm cd...so more targets the better it gets, on 3 targets (dummies in garrison at mage tower) it procs a lot, almost every second...obviously, it not a single target talent and a pet will always be better.

Spoiler: 

What u need to look for in skada is "demonic power"...phantom singularity doesnt seem to work on ptr atm, but from previous testing its about the same dmg as sacrfice on 3 targets
    Got to about 25-30k less dps with infernal instead of sacrifice

Imo, the only real contender to affl aoe is destro's cataclysm, F&B , sacrfice and soul conduit build...as long as the immolate from cata lasts u will be swimming in embers and since Rain of fire now actually stacks the aoe potential is insane
    Last edited by Ptolemay; 2016-06-29 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    If fel energy is an apple tree, a warlock is throwing the apples at you while a DH is eating the apples and then punching you with his superior apple-based health plan.