Soloing Warbringers

So I made a habit of soloing the Dread Wastes Warbringer by kiting it, before 6.0.2. He'd take out my Void Lord pretty quickly, and then I'd just run him around until he was dead. Now that kiting anything is impossible with the nerf to KJC, and the removal of Fel Flame, how the hell am I supposed to kill this thing? Is it "easier" with the stat/health squish? Can I just burn him down?

I've not solo'd a Warbringer in some time (as a DK, never done it as a warlock, mind you), but all I can say is give it a shot, run in with your void walker/void lord and see what happens, if no luck, maybe revise some form of new strategy.
    This is my Sig, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They were born in the future to alter the past and we killed them recently. Now I've got a headache...

Those changes don't make kiting impossible, they just make killing a kited mob take much longer. Healing my Void Lord and instantly resurrecting it has worked well for me. I haven't tried with the squish in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Irami View Post
    So I made a habit of soloing the Dread Wastes Warbringer by kiting it, before 6.0.2. He'd take out my Void Lord pretty quickly, and then I'd just run him around until he was dead. Now that kiting anything is impossible with the nerf to KJC, and the removal of Fel Flame, how the hell am I supposed to kill this thing? Is it "easier" with the stat/health squish? Can I just burn him down?
    I killed a War God yesterday for fun and saw he had 1.2M hp, I thought well this is going to be easy... he destroyed my pet several times, I still killed him though but I had to kite him a ton.

I haven't tried since the patch, but my old method was to send voidlord in and DPS hard to get the shield/healing up on him (without pulling aggro, since he is untauntable). When the vengeful spirit appears, use the direct pet command to move the voidlord about 30 yd away from the spirit, which will slowly drift over and despawn. I would also health funnel my pet in a pinch although I guess that spell was removed? Anyway if my pet died/lost aggro I'd be scoobied since the Warbringers are untauntable and I couldn't kite them, sometimes I'd be able to try again if I hecked up but usually someone else would swoop in while I was recovering my body.

Are you guys doing it as destro? I'm going to try demo out when i get home tonight
    Kalshen- Demo Warlock Alliance Sargeras

Did it as both Destro and Demo in 6.0 and it was incredibly easy. Get a Void Lord and Dark Regen alongside Soul Leech. Use the targeted heal occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Did it as both Destro and Demo in 6.0 and it was incredibly easy. Get a Void Lord and Dark Regen alongside Soul Leech. Use the targeted heal occasionally.
    Um, can't get SL and Dark Regen alongside each other. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    You have no targeted heal for your Pet as Destro anymore, only Ember Tap (with talent) which right now heals the pet for pretty much nothing. Health funnel was removed for god knows what reasons for Destro (seriously wtf). So if you want to solo stuff then doing it as affli or demo is easier simply because both of them still have Health Funnel
    Last edited by Yuyuli; Yesterday at 10:40 AM.

Soul link and soul leech with a void walker (I was demo) and warbringers didn't even scratch me. Took about 30 seconds to kill but this was before the nerf and I havent found another one yet to try the nerfed damage out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."