Thread: 3DS Worth It?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlegear View Post
    Nintendo needs to advertise the built in features more. Face Raiders, Street Pass, and the AR Games are all pretty fun.
    You know what the 3DS needs?

Monster Hunter.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Once Paper Mario comes out, I can die happy. I love those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to sell mine on the internet, I don't use it a lot so, I don't need it anymore.

This is like saying that if you don't have an HD tv, theres no reason to buy a 360 or PS3.
    I understand where you're coming from but those platforms have a wide selection of appealing games along side having great graphics. I don't think you can apply your analogy to what I said because in my view the situation is very different. The 3DS is a new system with hardly any appealing games, it's main advertised feature compared to the old models of the DS is the fact that it is capable of 3D, which a lot of people don't even like.

With that said if someone had said that they didn't want to purchase a PS3/Xbox360 because they wouldn't be able to enjoy the fullest extent of their graphics because they didn't have a HD TV I would completely understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    What makes a game not 'child oriented' to you? Blood? Cursing? Just because most Nintendo games don't have age restrictions to be fun/good, doesn't make them specific for just children.
    Hmm that's a hard question for me to answer but If you look at a game like Pokemon, it's clearly aimed at children there is hardly any seriousness to the game at all. That doesn't mean it's not fun and adults can't play it. Also if you re-read what I had said, I was saying what I would do, that doesn't mean it's fact, you make it sound as if though I had said all the games produced on the DS are terrible and all other consoles are superior, I just look at different consoles for different things.

In my view Nintendo does cater to the family/children market a lot more than any other company which is why the Wii especially was so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I understand where you're coming from but those platforms have a wide selection of appealing games along side having great graphics. I don't think you can apply your analogy to what I said because in my view the situation is very different. The 3DS is a new system with hardly any appealing games, it's main advertised feature compared to the old models of the DS is the fact that it is capable of 3D, which a lot of people don't even like.
    True, but most systems are like this at launch, and saying a lot of people don't like the 3D is an overexaggeration.
    Hmm that's a hard question for me to answer but If you look at a game like Pokemon, it's clearly aimed at children there is hardly any seriousness to the game at all. That doesn't mean it's not fun and adults can't play it. Also if you re-read what I had said, I was saying what I would do, that doesn't mean it's fact, you make it sound as if though I had said all the games produced on the DS are terrible and all other consoles are superior, I just look at different consoles for different things.

In my view Nintendo does cater to the family/children market a lot more than any other company which is why the Wii especially was so popular.
    I wouldn't say theres hardly any seriousness in Pokemon. Black/White's storyline seemed to have a more mature focus. That said, I don't see a problem with aiming games at children, as long as you enjoy them.

i kind of want to get one so i can play the old pokemon games again and a few of the other games they are remaking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    i kind of want to get one so i can play the old pokemon games again and a few of the other games they are remaking
    Where can you find what games are available on the market for the DS? I love all the pokemon games up to gen3
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post

Can't disagree, they've certainly been targeting families, most of their commercials/products for the Wii have to do with that. That said, I disagree with Pokemon, it's straight up an enjoyable turn base RPG, lots of the elements (story) is very child friendly, yes, I agree, but the gameplay is still incredibly enjoyable to just about anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Where can you find what games are available on the market for the DS? I love all the pokemon games up to gen3
    I don't know where to get a full list, but I can tell you that no Pokemon games are available yet. (Aside from the Pokedex ap)

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    You should try Black/White, some of the Pokemon look dumb but the gameplay is solid.

You should try Black/White, some of the Pokemon look dumb but the gameplay is solid.
    Triple battle with 6 Wailords is the most epic fight there can be.

Triple battle with 6 Wailords is the most epic fight there can be.
    YES! I still have to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Oh and Zelda Four Swords is going to be downloadable for free in September.
    That is Bad-ass

Pokemon Friend Code:2406-5530-6363 Ghost Safari! PM me to add you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I play for the pokemon :<
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.