Thread: SWTOR .... lol?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

SWTOR .... lol?

so i watched my freind play some beta of that new SW mmo.

i dont see that the fuss is about.
    uses the same WoW type animations and quests, mounts, fight, etc.

after about 30min it just seemed like WoW but with lightsabers and lasers and spaceships.

the graphics and models were bit smoother/better, but gameplay wise....

Rift 2 incoming.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice fail there, going on that logic then WoW copied every other game out there because they use what, game graphics? idiot, fight? lol idiot, quests?idiot, and mounts? idiot! Gratz your the winner of most retarded idiot ever award

Its called an MMO, and they are rather similar if youv no idea what your looking at

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Nice fail there, going on that logic then WoW copied every other game out there because they use what, game graphics? idiot, fight? lol idiot, quests?idiot, and mounts? idiot! Gratz your the winner of most retarded idiot ever award

Its called an MMO, and they are rather similar if youv no idea what your looking at
    you clearly don't understand what i am saying. i clicked the buttons and did a couple quests. i just don't see any excitement for this game anymore. like i said, it's rift 2.

PS. you need to calm down, makes u look like an idiot

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll gladly take your beta access off your hands if you actually "clicked buttons and did quests". Otherwise you haven't played the game at all and are just talking out your ass.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'll gladly take your beta access off your hands if you actually "clicked buttons and did quests". Otherwise you haven't played the game at all and are just talking out your ass.
    my friend has beta and i am just telling you what i thought of it after a 30min playing experience. I guess if you like WoW and love Star Wars then this would be a good buy i guess

Gameplay is almost identical to WoW, and feels like WoW. the skill system is a bit more interesting, but seriously it just feels like another Rift to me.

oh yes i seem to remember how big Rift was in the 80's, and how it has remained such a large franchise over 20 years later, with 6 movies, show series, countless books and video games. Who wouldn't be excited to continue the Rift adventure into another MMO?

oh wait i'm sorry, i'm thinking of STAR WARS. derp.

MMO's are about end-game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post

It brings nothing new except for voice acting and a few minor details such as different lore/technology. MMO doesn't mean that the game has to be the same as world of warcraft. There are other MMORPGs that are completely different from world of warcraft, would you say that "LOL ITS NOT AN MMO!! NOTHING LIKE WOW DERP".

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    "I watched my friend play"
    "Watched my friend play"
    "watched my friend"
    "friend."

It's not his beta, his friend my not share the views that he does for all we know.

Agreed, poster is an idiot. Lost in WoW and its wonders. Money is he plays a mage in wow.
    gotta give wow credit for one thing though - the major content patch 4.2 got rid of that pesky keyring - glad blizz has its priorties straight.
    Can't wait for star wars, gw2!

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    you clearly don't understand what i am saying. i clicked the buttons and did a couple quests. i just don't see any excitement for this game anymore. like i said, it's rift 2.

PS. you need to calm down, makes u look like an idiot
    as said above, gratz for comenting before not experiencing the game, i believe sir it is you who looks like the idiot
    There is no point saying "lol" or some crap about it being rift 2, when its actualy nothing like rift, dont knock a game just because you played for 30minutes?lol

LOL...OP...you've stirred up the Star Wars fanboys...good luck with that!

OP. You clicked buttons huh? i r jealous

Anyways. 30 mins is about right to come to a conclusion about the rest of the game. Yep, makes sense.
    Last edited by Bane123; 2011-08-17 at 07:19 PM.

i guess i should have expected a response like this but i am just giving you an unbiased opinion of a guy that wasn't gonna buy the game anyway, but was still interested. it looked different but now i know there is very little hope that it will be much different at all. and if i did decide to purchase it because of peer pressure from friends, it would prob end up on a shelf with warhammer, hellgate, rift...... well you understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    my friend has beta and i am just telling you what i thought of it after a 30min playing experience. I guess if you like WoW and love Star Wars then this would be a good buy i guess

Gameplay is almost identical to WoW, and feels like WoW. the skill system is a bit more interesting, but seriously it just feels like another Rift to me.
    You played the game for THIRTY MINUTES. You have no idea of the game play. You know about 10% of the skills of 1/8th of the classes. You went about stating your opinion of the game in the most assholeish way possible by starting a thread to post about your incredible minimal play experience and therefore judging the game to be Rift 2 and an epic fail. Perhaps this would have been better posted somewhere else instead of starting a thread clearly with the intention of trolling. What other point could there be to this thread? You aren't swaying the opinions of anyone else interested in the game or not based on your experience with 30 minutes of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    LOL...OP...you've stirred up the Star Wars fanboys...good luck with that!
    This, get ready sir.

Deleted
    Hey guys

I tried this MMO, i was just like any other MMO, it had the same style as the other MMOs, Im pretty sure it copied from the other MMOs, because it was just like it in the way you do things!!!

welll i guess the title was a bit trollish, but honestly it more out of the humor i found in the over hype of MMOs these days.

and i know enough about WoWs gameplay to see that the mounts, movement, and skills mechanics are WoWish in nature.

Deleted
    I don't understand the insane hype about SW:ToR either. But it's the same as with every other hyped mmo (Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Rift come to mind first) that has come out after wow, it has a lot of die-hard fanboys who will just ignore any reasonable criticism you might have for the game and flame you (and wow). So the discussion is useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    did you do pvp? space battles? why people like him or his friend get beta's & the ones dying for it not :s