Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    got 2 today from one boss - lucky me

Killed many heroic bosses (25 man) upwards of 20 most likely, without a single firestone.

Deleted
    We've had 1 firestone from 33 heroic 25m kills

Tho I think we have the recent change to thank for the 2 Zoids, and the caster axe this reset.

We've seen two drop so far in our 10m, and we've around eight or so heroic kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    For what it's worth, I've heard a rumor that they actually drop more frequently on 10man than on 25man. Also, wasn't there something in the front page news about Firestones dropping more often? Or did I just imagine that.
    I think it probably is a rumor based on how crap our luck has been, though the other guild I mentioned is also a 10man, so maybe we just got shafted :P

Still, can anyone confirm:
    When they drop, they drop in ADDITION to other loot, not taking it's place? So you actually get MORE loot when they drop?

Its both now. They do drop in addition, and they drop in place of the random loot that any boss can drop, such as the spell caster axe.
    See two droppings for us, 1 in place, and 1 as a bonus in 10m. http://i53.tinypic.com/2w4bm7t.jpg
    Frost DK? Frost DK!
    Murava <Damage per Second> US - Tichondrius
    Dragon Soul Heroic 10m videos [6/8]

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Grab Bag dropped by all Firelands bosses should now occasionally contain Crystallized Firestones in Heroic difficulty.
    Does anybody know what this supposed "grab bag" is? I've yet to encounter one and couldn't find any links to any kind of bags from firelands bosses or the crystallized firestones page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 heroic kills since reset, 1 firestone.

Also, to the OP. If you are the one behind RSA I want to thank you for such a great addon. I use it, all my guild uses it and we appreciate everything you did for making it. Saves me from making a macro for everything important.

Edit- To the post above, the grab bag is the shared loot table IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Grab Bag dropped by all Firelands bosses should now occasionally contain Crystallized Firestones in Heroic difficulty.
    Does anybody know what this supposed "grab bag" is? I've yet to encounter one and couldn't find any links to any kind of bags from firelands bosses or the crystallized firestones page.
    The grab-bag is a group of items that can drop off several bosses, that potentially fill a slot in the loot from any of the first four(?) bosses in firelands. (There is a crit-hit caster sword, etc etc, that you may have seen so far).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    The grab-bag is a group of items that can drop off several bosses, that potentially fill a slot in the loot from any of the first four(?) bosses in firelands. (There is a crit-hit caster sword, etc etc, that you may have seen so far).
    That makes sense, thanks. Why are blizzard so illiterate? :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

From what I take from these posts and the blue post is this...

The chance for a firestone to drop in addition to the normal drops remains the same.

There is now also a chance for the firestone to replace the shared loot table drop (aka: grab bag).

So the possible drops would be...(excluding tier tokens & quest items)
    Normal drop + shared loot table drop
    Normal drop + firestone
    Normal drop + shared loot table drop + firestone
    Normal drop + firestone + firestone #2

We killed Shannox for the 4th time and got our first stone.

8 heroic kills (10), 0 stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

28 Heroic 25man kills, 2 Firestones.

We've had about 36 kills and off the top of my head roughly 12 firestones. 10man.

almost 30 25 man kills and 1 stone drop

7/7 Firelands 6/7HM Firelands
    13/13 T11
    ​Glory of The Cataclysm Raider

We seem to have been _REALLY_ lucky with that.

We started 10mans the third week after firelands-release. (6/7 hc for 3ids now)

Excluding yesterday we got:

First firestone: Hunter - crossbow
    Second firestone: Me, Retpaladin - Trinket
    Third firestone: Feral - Polearm
    Fourth firestone: Restoshaman - Dagger

All drops while our FrostDK wasnt in on the bosskill and crying salty tears of agony.

Yesterday, with the "seemingly" patched droprate we got 3 firestones off of 4 heroic bosses.

Luckily our DK was there, getting the first two for his main/offhand, with the third going to our ferals dagger who is going to play moonkin @ragnaroshc

But yeah, guess we're one of the luckier raids

Had 1 in 6 kills this week. Never seen one before this week. I think they actually just made it so they can drop this week.

the fact they are in so high demand to upgrade literally everything and have only a slight chance to drop off heroic bosses is fucking retarded. ive killed about a dozen heroic bosses on 25 and seen 1 drop AFTER the buff. great blizz thanks; maybe by the time everyone else has their weapons and trinkets upgraded ill get my apparatus upgraded as ret (which people basically still look at as a joke spec this xpac) by the time 4.3 comes out and we have to face deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    2 heroic kills since reset, 1 firestone.

Also, to the OP. If you are the one behind RSA I want to thank you for such a great addon. I use it, all my guild uses it and we appreciate everything you did for making it. Saves me from making a macro for everything important.
    Yup, that'd be me.

... Sorry for the spam in dungeons!

---------- Post added 2011-08-18 at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    the fact they are in so high demand to upgrade literally everything and have only a slight chance to drop off heroic bosses is fucking retarded. ive killed about a dozen heroic bosses on 25 and seen 1 drop AFTER the buff. great blizz thanks; maybe by the time everyone else has their weapons and trinkets upgraded ill get my apparatus upgraded as ret (which people basically still look at as a joke spec this xpac) by the time 4.3 comes out and we have to face deathwing.
    We need at least 17 for our 10man. At our rate of 0/14 ... well at this rate we won't ever get any, but I'm assuming that some day one will drop. Maybe.