10+ Year Old Account

Trouble bleeding RP-452X2

So I set up my water cooling loop on Sunday, and after installing the WC parts in my case, I bled the loop for a few hours, and when I was done, the pump (D5) ended up being dead silent.

Since then I've installed my components, and had it run for a few days and there is now air in my loop again. The pump is a fair bit louder (still quiet) and at one point I spotted a big pocket of air in a tube when my pc was turned off.

I have one pump installed on the default side, which means I'm using the reservoir chamber on the right (bigger on top than the bottom). I can't get the chamber entirely free of air, because even when i fill it to the top of the fillport, there is still a little pocket of air inside.

I'm not sure which way i should rotate my case to get the air out of the loop, because one way is probably going to put air from the reservoir back into the loop. I know that the hole for water in is in the top left of the chamber, does anyone know where the out it?

My radiator is at the top of my case, the reservoir is just slightly higher than the cpu block.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

The air mysteriously returning to your loop is most likely air left in your radiator. Rocking the case will likely dislodge any trapped air bubbles there, just make sure everything is closed up.

Most reservoirs have internal water guides to prevent air bubbles re-circulating, instead trapping them where they can easily be bled if necessary. These obviously will only function with the loop pumping water in the correct direction (first time I set up my loop with an XSPC Bay Res - http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...yRes-AL_01.jpg - I got them the wrong way round) I can't easily see from the description on Koolance's site how that res operates, exactly, and I can't ascertain how to bleed it effectively, although the inlet/outlets should be clearly marked.

With reservoirs, it's not about filling the loop entirely. You'll have a small pocket of air in the top if it, but if the reservoir has any common sense behind its design, that air won't be returned to the loop.

Your Rad is at the top, it's easily got air in it. You have to damn near turn it upside down to get it out.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    did you put the part in that helps bleeding? the one with the pipe attached

There will still be air in that rad. There's a limit to what you can force out. And it's not tiny bubbles either. On of my Rads is upside down, it's mounted vertically, and got air trapped at the top. I had to unmount it from the case and flip it around to get the air out.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

I'm almost positive my rad has all its air out, despite it being at the top of my 700D.

I ran the loop from a seperate PSU, and just picked the case up. Rotated every direction, paying specific attention to the radiator as a source of air bubbles, and at times shook it quite hard. Repeated that a few times, power cycling the pump to release bubbles trapped (theres an odd little vortex that can trap bubbles just as the coolant exits my motherboard block), and job done.

Trust me though, use a smaller case. Picking up and shaking a 700D with a full loop, fully fitted? Heavy shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bleed pipe.. omg derp derp derp.. I installed my pump first, and was like, it must use the chamber on the same side, too bad I can't use the bleed-pipe.
    *fills up reservoir* oh wait.. it uses the chamber on the other side *fills up other side*. Totally forgot about the bleed pipe.

I don't really want to empty everything out now to put it in.. I'll definitely put it in when I have to clean my loop or add something to it. I've found that if I lie my case with the backpanel facing up, a lot of air seems to be coming out of the rad, so I'll see how that goes.

I've also noticed that the backplate mount for my cpu block gets really hot. The Elysium has a spot for a fan on that door. Anyone think that would be worth putting in?
    Last edited by Skelly; 2011-08-18 at 04:42 AM.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    i did the same thing, i just tipped my case onto it's back and opened the front of the res in the drive bay, took out some water, and put the bleed pipe/block in