Motherboard beeps

I have a GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 and it was working fine the other day. I got my new graphic card and insert it in and download the drivers

Do a reboot for it and get to the sign in screen
    Put my info in and the computers shuts it self off.

It won't turn on so I check the other outlet and it turns on just fine but the monitor doesn't show(It pops up with the "Entering power saving mode")

The motherboard makes 3 beeps, 1 long 2 short ones.

Please help

CPU: I5 2500k
    Mobo: stated up top
    New card: Radeon HD 6870
    Old: Radeon HD 4xxxx series

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 09:49 PM ----------

Sometimes it doesn't beep but the monitor still does not show, even when i change out the cards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Discombobula View Post
    I have a GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 and it was working fine the other day. I got my new graphic card and insert it in and download the drivers

Do a reboot for it and get to the sign in screen
    Put my info in and the computers shuts it self off.

It won't turn on so I check the other outlet and it turns on just fine but the monitor doesn't show(It pops up with the "Entering power saving mode")

The motherboard makes 3 beeps, 1 long 2 short ones.

Please help

CPU: I5 2500k
    Mobo: stated up top
    New card: Radeon HD 6870
    Old: Radeon HD 4xxxx series
    1 Long and 2 Short is a video error. Try reseating the GFX card, try a different one to see if its the card itself.

Sorry, kinda vague but its really hard to know whats wrong with such limited information. Might be power, might be the motherboard, might be the graphics card, might just be a seating issue, might be a bios issue.

Its hard to say with any certainty.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2011-08-17 at 09:51 PM.

Trying to use the old card, put it back in, and follow proper order for replacing card if all else fails.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371026
    is my PSU

I tested with my old card again and it worked but what I don't understand is why it worked before and this happened only after I downloaded the drivers.

The computer won't turn on at all if I have the 2 PCI-E cables plugged into the new video card and although it starts won't show anything on the monitor and give me the 3 beep error

750w is plenty for your setup so I doubt it's the power.
    Could be that your new gpu just died... my HIS 6850 died shortly after I got done installing windows =\
    That was actually a blessing in disguise for me since I decided to get a 6950 (reference) instead which was much more powerful.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well now I have to download the drives in safemode with networking and in hopes that I can get this computer up.

This is really pissing me off.