First time Frapsing issues.

Hi all,
    This week I decided to start recording our guild progress on WoW and get the videos uploaded for our guild webbie. I am however having some issues. I've got fraps installed and recording fine. But for some reason I can't get the movies to play in windows media player. If I choose to load it up via Media Centre then it will work fine by Media Player is having non of it.
    Also I'm trying to edit them using WLMM but, like WMP, it isn't showing up the video. Sound plays fine but there is no picture. I can oly assume that both are related so I'm hoping the more experienced amungst you may be able to help me out, or at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for the help!

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a codec problem to me. You will most likely need the right codec to play / edit the fraps file format. Weird though cause I thought you'd get the correct codec with fraps installation.

Try downloading something like VLC player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) and if you can play the files with that and it's still not working with wmp we can rule out lacking codec as a cause.

edit: If VLC is able to play the files but wmp still isn't working for some reason, I'd suggest downloading the newest version of fraps from the official webpage and to reinstall it just to be sure.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2011-08-17 at 11:41 PM.

I highly recommend trying ffdshow. 90% of the time it made videos what wouldnt work on the likes of WMP work.

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/

If that fails I would go to VLC player for playing the files and an alternative to converting them.

Can I also ask do you get fraps working well on WoW? 60 fps well?
    If so how?

I have a high end rig and fraps kills my wow every time.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan3002 View Post
    Can I also ask do you get fraps working well on WoW? 60 fps well?
    If so how?

I have a high end rig and fraps kills my wow every time.
    Are you recording to the same or a different hard drive that your WoW is on? For the optimal performance you'll want an another hard drive that you fraps on. Should fix your fps problems if your pc is actually good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Are you recording to the same or a different hard drive that your WoW is on? For the optimal performance you'll want an another hard drive that you fraps on. Should fix your fps problems if your pc is actually good enough.
    Plus resolution counts. I can record most games in 720p with 60fps, but as soon as I change to 1080p I start getting 30-40 fps which appears laggy.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Cheers for the links guys!
    Really helps.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -