Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Have I sacrificed too much to reach the soft-haste cap?

Hello all, first time poster here!

So yeah, i recently rerolled mage, and have just started raiding in a new guild. Tonight i acquired a new MH weapon + the T12 gloves. My dps hasn't been amazing up to now compared to the rest of the raid, admittedly they outgear me, but I very much doubt that is the only reason. I'm looking for anything I can do to up my dps because I really feel like i'm not pulling my weight right now.

I've reforged / enchanted my gear just now with the aim of reaching the haste soft cap. I have done so, but I can't help but feel I have sacrificed too much mastery in doing so, especially with so many conflicting opinions regarding the haste cap. Am I going to see a dps increase? Or I have I just unknowingly pushed myself even further down the Dps rankings?

I'm sure how to direct people to my armory profile, as I am unable to post links, but I am on Eonar - EU in the guild 'The DMZ'

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Pyroxia; 2011-08-18 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roxia/advanced

Well seeing as you only have 1 pc of T12 I would hold off on going nutts for haste if you still have your 4pc T11. If you do not then going for haste cap is fine as long as you are not losing int for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roxia/advanced

Well seeing as you only have 1 pc of T12 I would hold off on going nutts for haste if you still have your 4pc T11. If you do not then going for haste cap is fine as long as you are not losing int for it.
    he hasnt even entered bot/bwd. how could he have 4pc t11?

Quote Originally Posted by JaymzBond View Post
    he hasnt even entered bot/bwd. how could he have 4pc t11?

Al'Akir says hi. Not that he's been there, either, mind you. Just sayin'.

You should see a dps increase with your setup since you got your soft cap, however with your gear at that level, don't expect spectacular numbers until you can get your mastery a LOT higher.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would I possibly be better off dropping the haste cap until I can get more haste on my gear without reforging out of mastery, and go back to full mastery reforging?

Deleted
    Just plugged your char into Rawr. Optimized results for your gear:

1411 Haste
    1742 Hit
    722 Crit
    1375 Mastery

So yes you sacrifice too many other stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroxia View Post
    Would I possibly be better off dropping the haste cap until I can get more haste on my gear without reforging out of mastery, and go back to full mastery reforging?
    No, the haste cap is where you want to be. The reason you've had to sacrifice a lot of other stats is because your gear isn't very good but its the right way to go. However, you should have gotten T12 pieces before upgrading your wand and ring (I hope you bought or farmed for the bracers on an alt, if not then that's not good either). The big thing is you purchased the T12 gloves but you should have bought the T12 chest first. The gloves/legs always have a chance to drop from Baradin Hold (which you really need to start running) so they should be the last pieces you buy, not the first. Definitely keep doing the Hyjal dailies to pick up a couple 365 upgrades in there.

Edit: SimC lists haste as your best stat even with you being at the haste cap so you are fine.

Int - 4.1968; SP - 2.2759; Hit - 2.3385; Crit - 1.0856; Haste - 1.3159; Mastery - 1.1719
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-08-18 at 04:09 PM.