View Poll Results: Should Blizzard allow legendaries to be used in the transmogrification?

Voters
693. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    420 60.61%
  • No!

    273 39.39%
Page 1 of 15
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Transmogrification, Legendaries & You

    Recently Blizzard confirmed that Legendary items are going to be disallowed when using the upcoming Transmogrification feature (to be implemented in patch 4.3). To be clear, you must own an item before you are allowed to trans' it onto another item.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...65?page=25#487

    I personally feel that this is unwarranted; something as rare and desirable as a legendary item should be celebrated and shown off, not shunned into submission because of "Orange text vs. Purple text".

    My general impression of this Transmogrification feature is that it provides players with an option to aesthetically differentiate themselves from others, by means of re-skinning current items based on (currently owned) items from previous expansions or item levels, with the intent of being able to use a reincarnated version of your favorite weapon/gearset during current content.

    For those of us who were truly lucky enough to obtain a legendary, I take it as a slap in the face to disallow the most difficult and time-consuming items based purely on the fact that they are "Legendary". Seems like a punishment for obtaining an item that was "Premier" relative to it's point in the WoW timeline.

    My question to you is this: Should Blizzard revisit their decision to exclude legendary items from transmogrification, or should the policy's in place be left unchanged?

    -EDIT-

    In response to the "Legendaries will be everywhere" train of thought

    According to www.wow-achievements.com, out of 20,500,000 active characters scanned

    … 3.3594% own Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
    … 2.6495% own Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
    … 0.2568% own Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian or a different class variant
    … 0.9748% own Warglaive of Azzinoth and its twin
    … 1.1587% own Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    … 1.8424% own Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
    … 1.7520% own Shadowmourne

    So clearly not "everyone" has a legendary, in fact almost NO ONE has a legendary. Therefore not "everyone" would be wielding one. Does this change anything?

    -EDIT2-

    My point of view is essentially "If we can constantly revive old weapon models onto new gear, how is doing the same with a legendary any different?"
    Last edited by Kronyk88; 2011-08-18 at 02:13 AM.

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    I'm sad as well, but it's understandable I guess.

    I was hoping to use my TF and glaives =/

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,585
    I see being able to transmogrify (we need a way to shorten this word - seriously!) legendaries as being the same as having them constantly be upgraded like people ask all the time. If you could do it, everyone would do it.

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

  4. #4
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,088
    Except that only the most recent legendaries (except Atiesh) are difficult enough to get nowadays to prevent everyone who wants one from getting one. If they did allow legendaries to be transmogrified, there'd be Thunderfuries and Sulfurases and Warglaives everywhere. It wouldn't be special like you seem to think it would be.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Arian21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    My house :)
    Posts
    926
    People busted their ashes (along with their guilds) to get them and now every kid is gonna have one look alike to boast ?

    FYI I have no legendaries but I stand for those that have them .

  6. #6
    It was more directed at one person but I edited it then decided I didn't say what I wanted to and deleted it.

  7. #7
    - Removed and added to OP -
    Last edited by Kronyk88; 2011-08-18 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Added to OP

  8. #8
    Warchief sizzlinsauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bellforest, Tower state
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    People busted their ashes (along with their guilds) to get them and now every kid is gonna have one look alike to boast ?

    FYI I have no legendaries but I stand for those that have them .
    all those kids with look a likes have the original weapons so you really arent that special. Though it would've been nice to run around with a thunder fury or warglaive set 24/7

  9. #9
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronyk88 View Post
    In response to the "Legendaries will be everywhere" train of thought

    According to wow-achievements.com, out of 20,500,000 active characters scanned

    ...

    So clearly not "everyone" has a legendary, and not "everyone" would be wielding one. Does this change anything?
    There's no incentive to go obtain them now, except for bragging rights. With the Transmogrifier there will be incentive, so I expect that if legendaries could be transmogrified those numbers would shoot up.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronyk88 View Post
    So clearly not "everyone" has a legendary, in fact almost NO ONE has a legendary. Therefore not "everyone" would be wielding one. Does this change anything?
    If it was possible to change your weapon to a legendary look-alike, wouldnt you say thats more reason to farm for one?

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,603
    I can see why Blizzard would disallow legendaries, but if they choose to make you have the gear before you can use it, it seems a little dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ggars/advanced - Main
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/I.../hero/41277433 -D3 Char, totally not boosted.

  12. #12
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    near a pond
    Posts
    155
    I am close to attaining my first legendary, not sure i want the ability to use it as a template for other items, to me it seems that would cheapen the term legendary.

  13. #13
    Epic! I stand in fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,745
    I really don't know about the logic behind making legendaries from being unavailable for transmogrification. I understand why though, I mean if you see someone with a legendary in PvP that chances are you're going to avoid messing with that player. I mean, I understand why you would want current legendaries visible. but why can't i turn a two-handed axe to look like Shadowmourne? Everyone knows that shadowmourne is no longer a threat at 85, sure at lvl 80 it was truely something to fear in PvP, but 85 greens are more effective than shadowmoune.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral Ms Andry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North of the law
    Posts
    1,124
    why do people care that other people will "look exactly the same" all day long?

    Geez, you don't get something because no one has it, you get something because you like it. Don't be hipsters people. Come on, seriously. By your OWN logic, people would stop using Legendaries as their weapons because "everyone" else would have them, thus making them special again.

    I mean, I just don't get it. Why can't people just enjoy something because they like it and not because "no one else has it" and whatever. It doesn't change the fact that people still worked to get the legendary, it doesn't make it any easier.

    I really can't stand the WoW community sometimes.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    People busted their ashes (along with their guilds) to get them and now every kid is gonna have one look alike to boast ?

    FYI I have no legendaries but I stand for those that have them .
    I don't think you're getting it. For transmogrification, you're going to need to have the item in order to make the weapon you're currently wielding look like it. So if you have gotten Thunderfury in the past, you could look like you're wearing it while raiding Firelands or whatever. It's not as if you'll go up to the NPC, put your weapon up for transmogrification, find Thunderfury on a dropdown menu and click it. This isn't making everyone look like they have it, it's allowing those who DO have it show off that they have it.

    I mean, come on. If you were one of the lucky ones to get Thunderfury back in Vanilla, that's just not right to have it sit in your bank somewhere collecting dust. You should be able to show that you have it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I see being able to transmogrify (we need a way to shorten this word - seriously!) legendaries as being the same as having them constantly be upgraded like people ask all the time. If you could do it, everyone would do it.
    This dosent make sense, its not like the weapon upgrades by itself. You actully need to have a weapon and THEN transform it

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I see being able to transmogrify (we need a way to shorten this word - seriously!) legendaries as being the same as having them constantly be upgraded like people ask all the time. If you could do it, everyone would do it.
    how about "Mog"? I am going to mog my ugly gear into something that doesn't make my eyes log into the blizz site and start trolling people.

  18. #18
    Honestly, I don't feel it should be able to be transmogrification. I do however feel that if you have a legendary it should scale. I mean it's 100% possible as seen on the BOA gear. This would keep legendary items alive and also reward those lucky enough to obtain them. The only down side is to never need upgraded items in those slots but I think its worth the pain...... Seriously why not? They could even make them = to the top raid non heroic loot ilvl at the time so that the people with them still have something to look forward to.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritheo View Post
    Honestly, I don't feel it should be able to be transmogrification. I do however feel that if you have a legendary it should scale. I mean it's 100% possible as seen on the BOA gear. This would keep legendary items alive and also reward those lucky enough to obtain them. The only down side is to never need upgraded items in those slots but I think its worth the pain...... Seriously why not?
    How about they scale to be 2nd tier raid item level per expo, so that way with each expansion your Legendary will serve you well until the last 3rd of the expo at which point it can be replaced, then bring it back out when the level cap increases and level with it?

    Or even to first tier raid (probably better) so that you have an awesome weapon for the first wave of raid instances, and then upgrade accordingly there after until the end of the expo.

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    This dosent make sense, its not like the weapon upgrades by itself. You actully need to have a weapon and THEN transform it
    And?

    It means if wow is still around in a years time, people will still be using the same legendary model for their weapon depsite having changed their actual weapon numerous times. It makes legendaries look cheap.

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •