Poll: Should Blizzard allow legendaries to be used in the transmogrification?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    they are meant to be rare, very rare. What would be the point if everyone is running around with Warglaives, or Shadowmourne? No offence, but if you want it, then spend the time, and WORK for it. Everyone keeps complete about this stuff, in so many threads, its getting old.
    If these items were actually intended to be as rare as you think they are, they would no longer be attainable.

I attained my legendary when it was relevant, and that's enough for me. If someone else gets the same one tomorrow, I'm more inclined to congratulate him on his achievement rather than sulk about how my own legendary's value just diminished that much more...

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote no because knowing the community the vocal portion will rage about other people being able too when they can't get the weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    And?

It means if wow is still around in a years time, people will still be using the same legendary model for their weapon depsite having changed their actual weapon numerous times. It makes legendaries look cheap.
    in years time, more people will have them no matter what, legendaries become less legendary over time, that can't be changed.

Right you, you "feel"that they still are, because almost everyone that have 1 is other in their bags or in their bank. Basically, the uniqueness is already an illusion, just because those weapons are not generally displayed on characters playing.

This new tool can be a dream come true for many people, that was their warglaives and other weapons out again, because THEY love them.
    Making so much restriction on weapons (type and no legendary) diminishes the usefulness of this new tool by a LOT.

IF you need to own it to use it, NOTHING,NOTHING is changed about how legendary legendarys are, they won't be more users having them. It's just that right now those items are hidden, unused and thus under represented and allowing to wield your favorite weapon that you passed months getting should be what this addition tool is all about.

You're fooling yourself in thinking legendaries are rare, a lot of people have 1 of them, they just don't show it at the moment.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Deleted
    While I agree that you want to show off your well deserved legendairies (no matter when you obtained them because they are still a grind) I understand Blizzards POV. Warglaives for a rogue would be epic to see in your raid or BG team or w/e but for example a warlock with Thunderfury doesn't fit. I think they don't want people using skins of weapons that are useless to them.

Also some enchants might just look weird on some legendaries (Atiesh with Power Torrent for example).
    Last edited by mmoc07b172f625; 2011-08-18 at 02:08 AM.

imo legendaries are so special that they should stay unique. i would also go as far as to say that it would be cool if those that obtained the legendary at its prime (while it was current) could use it or at least have to get it at an appropriate level. Kind of like the immortal and Undying work where you can get them but you have to be lvl 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    So, we had threads about quitting WoW, now you guys are just going to make threads about people making threads about quitting WoW?
    This isn't inception, no need to go derper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    I vote no because knowing the community the vocal portion will rage about other people being able too when they can't get the weapons.
    if you have to earn the gear first, then your statement is true in both cases.
    Legendaries take time and effort, why should someone that have passed time and effort on getting one, and like it be any different that someone that passed time and effort on another piece of gear, that also likes it but isn't legendary?

This tool is first of all for the individual player, to customize HIS character the way HE likes with the items HE earned. Every good set will be used, because they ARE good, why should the legendaries that ARE cool, that still take time to get be any different?
    Saying "everyone will run with them" is exactly the same statement as "everyone will run in T2 or T6 etc" yes, most T6 were cool, and people love them, and they will wear them, even if everyone is wearing it too.
    Last edited by ragingsoul; 2011-08-18 at 02:09 AM.
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    While I agree that you want to show off your well deserved legendairies (no matter when you obtained them because they are still a grind) I understand Blizzards POV. Warglaives for a rogue would be epic to see in your raid or BG team or w/e but for example a warlock with Thunderfury doesn't fit. I think they don't want people using skins of weapons that are useless to them.
    Irrelevant. You need to own the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    This tool is first of all for the individual player, to customize HIS character they way HE likes with the items HE earned. Every good set will be used, because they ARE good, why should the legendaries that ARE cool, that still take time to get be any different?
    Because It goes against Blizzards own design and definition of what they feel should be a Legendary Weapon. If they thought otherwise this discussion wouldnt be neccessary.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2011-08-18 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    I don't believe warlocks would be able to wield a thunderfury. Please link something specific and I will bite my tongue!

The only thing that defies my logic is that Chilton said they want Legendaries to "Feel Legendary" and have a mystique abotu them.

How the hell is my Sulfuras sitting in my bank for the past 3 years beside my Nagrand cherries in any way "Legendary"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronyk88 View Post
    I don't believe warlocks would be able to wield a thunderfury. Please link something specific and I will bite my tongue!
    Warlocks can wield swords and Thunderfury isn't class-restricted anymore.

Deleted
    Irrelevant. You need to own the weapon.

Because It goes against Blizzards own design and definition of what they feel should be a Legendary Weapon. If they thought otherwise this discussion wouldnt be neccessary.
    Warlocks can get Thunderfury and equip it but it doesn't look very warlock-ish.

Can you change your legendary to look like something else tho (dragonwrath is fugly)
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Warlocks can wield swords and Thunderfury isn't class-restricted anymore.
    When did this happen? <_< >_>

Im torn, IF you need to own the items to t-mog then Id have to say yes allow it, but im still so so on the idea.

If you dont need to own, then no way- everyone would be using it, and whilst that does seem kinda self centred, legendaries are legendary for a reason.

Im biased though - Thoridal on my hunt, twin Glaives on rogue.

As an aside, ANYONE who say 'well people will just go farm them easy then".. only response to that is BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GL with that...
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Quote Originally Posted by Kronyk88 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=19019#screenshots:id=178641

Good enough? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    When did this happen? <_< >_>
    They removed the class restrictions in 3.1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    They removed the class restrictions in 3.1.
    Well i sure dropped the ball on that one.

Well I'm sorry there is nothing legendary about something sitting in your bags, the stats on the legendaries WERE awesome in their time, their look is unique, but not more unique than other weapon what didn't got reused.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    He's so little

I was originally hoping to use my legendaries, especially TF, but as a big legendary collector for quite some time now, I still understand why they don't allow it. From a rarity standpoint, it doesn't make a difference, since the person needs to have the item in their possession anyway. From a different standpoint, however, it just isn't fitting for a weapon of such power to even be able to be transmogrified, let alone appear as a random green quest item or something. Idk. I was disappointed at first but I think I understand.