Poll: Who do you choose!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent TunaGhost View Post
    I'm not trying to be mean but what does DC have besides batman that's actually good?
    Green Lantern is cooler than batman methinks. Batman is as boring as the other generic heroes.

But all are thoroughly pwned by spiderman anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree on the GL>Batman thing, just that most people hail batman as a god. He doesn't make much sense to me really

15+ Year Old Account
    Heros I like:

DC has Batman. That's it (Superman sucks huge donkey ass)
    Marvel has: Spiderman, Iron Man, Deadpool, Cable, a whole bunch of X-Men including Wolverine, Magneto, Punisher, and lots of others.

So Marvel for sure.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I have to go with Marvel, because I think their characters have a lot more depth and do more realistically integrate real-world issues into super-hero stories.
    DC does have Batman and Green Lantern though, which are two of my favourite heroes, and -as many have already mentioned - the Vertigo imprint has the most stunning work of comic history: the Sandman.

So well, Marvel wins..but DC gets a very close second place here for sure.

Movie-wise, Marvel has a very obvious lead. Chris Nolans Batman movies are extraordinary but DC cant (yet) match the quantity of great super-hero movies that Marvel has put out (2 x Iron Man, the first 2 Spidey movies, Thor, Hulk....all very entertaining. Cap America will finally start this week here in Germany so I haven't yet seen it but I'm sure it will deliver

Apart from batman Begins/the Dark Knight, everthing DC has done so far was either complete crap or a disappointing waste of incredible potential (like this summer's Green lantern -.- screw you!^^)

so: Marvel wins. Sorry DC, still like some of your stuff though

Decisions, decisions.....I really like Darkhorse, since I gravitate towards the Predator comics or Image because of their horror comics....but I chose Marvel.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are some things I like and dislike in each. I tend to like the villians of DC more, while I tend to like the heroes of Marvel more than in DC.

If choosing between one or the other, I side with Marvel. Fantastic Four > all.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Grew up with both but I really liked the darker DC series, and lobo. Also image comics where great back in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel is better. But my favorite super hero of all time is Green Lantern.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

DC have Batman and thats it. The rest arent really interesting.
    Marvel all the way.

I think they both definitely have their pros and cons. One thing Marvel does that really annoys me is the constant strive to be relevant. Oooh, let's put Obama on the cover of Spider-man! Hey look, guys, Wiccan's gay! Gay character! Yay! They have some great characters and stories, but that kinda stuff gets a little old.

That being said, I really love Dark Horse for one reason and one reason only:

RIP ;_;

15+ Year Old Account
    Was a Marvel fanboy growing up in the 90s. After all the reboots though, and having to buy a new #1 Spiderman every 2 years I got tired of Marvel and it turned me off of comics in general for awhile. I cant afford the $4 price tag they have now but will pick up a Deadpool here and there, or an Image or Darkhorse comic.

Used to love the Xmen, Thor, FF and Spiderman comics back in the day.

DC has some interesting characters like Robin and Nightwing. Always liked Teen Titans too.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Deleted
    Marvel!
    I'm just so hooked to X-Men. They're just more "normal" people.
    The only one from DC I like is Batman...

Claims to be big comic book nerd. Misspells DC :S

I voted Marvel. The only DC character i really like is Batman
    Last edited by pickley; 2011-08-22 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Marvel for sure. Grew up with X-Men and Spiderman comics, never really got into DC.
    I used to nick my Dad's 2000 AD on a regular basis too, but that's getting a bit off topic.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Actually I'm not much of a fan anymore. I don't like the direction that Marvel or DC took with their books and I'm just tired of the constant gimmicks and the yearly tie in where you have to buy practically every book they publish to get the whole story.

Aside from that Marvel actually does have more of my favorite characters (Cloak & Dagger, Spiderman, Captain America).

10+ Year Old Account
    DC for me. Yeah, it's only 'cause of Batman.
    Deadpool, Iron Man, Wolverine, Gambit and Thor are all really great, but I'm more into the character and villains of the Batman comics.
    Black Mask, Hush, Red Hood, Clayface, Joker, Bane, Scarecrow and Deathstroke are all some of my favourite characters. They've a lot of grittiness to them and all have separate and engaging backgrounds.

I really just invest more time and interest into Batman than Marvel in general. What I've read of Marvel I've liked though. I enjoy both basically equally, DC just a tad moreso.
    Watchmen is incredible too. I really don't like Superman though, and agree with the often overpowered heroes of DC being fairly lame.