Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's the point of "Elite" PvP Gear.

For Example.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=70280#.

Compared to

http://www.wowhead.com/item=70485#same-model-as

The stats are EXACTLY the same not a single stat is different.

Is "Elite" slapped on there so people's e-peens can grow even more in PvP?

Deleted
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by qei View Post
    You are correct.
    I assumed as much =|

15+ Year Old Account
    The coloring is different. It's so you get some kind of aesthetic bonus for being better without giving those players an actual gameplay advantage.

Just different colours to differentiate between 2.2k+ players and sub 2.2k players.

Personally prefer the look of a lot of the non 2.2k gear. In fact, i wish i'd kept the non elite set on my warrior, the orange set looks ridiculous.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

So again it's merely

"I GOT A BIGGER E-PEEN THAN YOU LOLOLOL"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about encouraging active PvP on both the lower and higher ends of the arena spectrum. Beginners don't want to have a disadvantage in gear, as it was before, while better players want to be able to show that they are, well, better. If there was no differentiation in gear sets, players would have much less incentive to actively play throughout seasons, and would instead play towards the end of it for the end of season rewards.

They were implemented because most top PvP gear in this game always had a rating requirement. Blizzard initially intended to give the set with a rating requirement a higher itemlevel and better stats, but they later found it was unnecessary and just created more imbalance. Why they added an elite set for S10 is anyone's guess. It's probably just a distinguishing aesthetic as a gift for higher-end players (which I don't really understand, because Blizzard doesn't seem to be too keen on prestige items for good players anymore).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that something new for S10 then? Because I could've sworn previous Seasons had more stats. o.O
    Almost Epic - Short Stories and Musings of nearly epic proportions.

The 2.2k mage set looks awesome 8D

So people can say "I'm better than you because my armor is different color"

Also the weapons have better stats....

Quote Originally Posted by Katurian View Post
    Is that something new for S10 then? Because I could've sworn previous Seasons had more stats. o.O
    Only gear with increased stats for 2.2k+ has been weapons/shields/offhands/ranged. There's never been increased stats for higher rating on armor, as before cata, there was only 1 pvp set a season per spec or class, and last season the armor had no stat increase, just visual.

You are just upset that you can't hit 2200 on this game somehow. Unless you are a hunter, you have no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by 4long2wide View Post
    You are just upset that you can't hit 2200 on this game somehow. Unless you are a hunter, you have no excuse.
    Go away with that crap. Op had a legit question, and the answer is valid. It's just for e-peen. Some of the normal sets look better tbh, would prefer those on some classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been the case since cata launch. Little late to be noticing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeg View Post
    Also the weapons have better stats....
    They do but not by a HUGE margin.

Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post
    Go away with that crap. Op had a legit question, and the answer is valid. It's just for e-peen. Some of the normal sets look better tbh, would prefer those on some classes.
    We're talking PvP here it eventually ALWAYS fall's to "LOL YOUR A BAD" More people should be used to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    This has been the case since cata launch. Little late to be noticing now.
    I've only been seriously PvPing since....5-6 months ago? at least? And I only recently started paying attention to arena gear as I'm more of an RBG Person who does Arena for points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silaryn View Post
    They do but not by a HUGE margin.
    It's a 13 iLevel point difference, which is exactly how Normal mode raid weapons compared to their Heroic mode versions.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

OP, please shut up, stop accusing people of having a bigger epeen just because they have gear (that I assume you don't have).

It used to be that helms needed 2k rating to get and shoulders needed 2.2k rating to get.

You should be happy that it was changed so that every single person who caps CP can get all the set pieces, and now all people have are aesthetic differences.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its just bragging rights. Funny how all of this will be pretty useless when nobody even uses those armor skins in the next patch.