Page 1 of 187
... LastLast

[Megathread] Battlefield 3

Lets keep all stuff on BF3 here.

Aftermath is now out

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/aftermath
    Last edited by methwow; 2012-12-04 at 02:21 AM.

Deleted
    The wait for these games is killing me. Skyrim, BF3...Been waiting for BF3 for god knows how long. XD

Deleted
    oh boi oh boi oh boi.

I wait and i wait but time, neigh, life does not flee.

Well anyway. I played bf2 for like 3 years and i loved it, the teamwork neccessary... its not a fps like Counterstrike or CoD for sure, its more a "team" vs "team" instead of "player vs player" that is cod... Anyway im excited, so excited.

So excited for this, so many games to look forward to. I need a new computer..

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are wondering how the coop system works, you can check out this vid.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefie...bf3-coop-pwned

Deleted
    Mhmmm Jets... i do want them to be pretty awesome against infantry.... much like in bf2. Realism.

The stationary anti-air should be the ones bringing down the jets not the infantry... thats my biggest "i wonder"

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nice. We have been needing a consolidated BF3 thread.

OT, that Caspian Border video looks amazing. I absolutely can't wait to control the skies with terror!

@dalliah
    indeed those jets look so amazing , i can not wait to get this game on PC going to be so awesome.
    ----will update first post with links when i get back to a PC to make it cleaner.----

I will one up you all of course because...winning. But I will have to say that not only do the jets look amazing, but the rest of the game looks amazing. The reason that video looks as amazing as it does is because it shows you exactly what you'll be feeling when you play. It truly is a battlefield. While you most likely won't see people set up in as staged a fashion from that video I'm sure you all can anticipate what it will be like to be on the new sandbox.

Deleted
    Looks good multiplayer wise, cannot wait to play it. I hope the single player campign is good though.

Deleted
    got my new graphics card, and i am ready for BF3!!

---------- Post added 2011-08-18 at 02:46 PM ----------

i hope they add a tutorial for driving the flying vehciles! i sucked at it in BC2, as soon as i got in helicopter all i could manage to do was make it fly directly backwards, usually into a minefield.

:O mmo-c has new smileys?!
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2011-08-18 at 01:50 PM.

Its been reported from gamescom that infantry can only 2d spot now, no more little marker that follows you around

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I am hyped for this game.
    Especially after watching this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8S_eEv_A5k

Those jets...
    That's one of the sickest gameplay teasers I've seen so far. Can't wait to run this game on max.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Its been reported from gamescom that infantry can only 2d spot now, no more little marker that follows you around
    Bummer. I liked that feature, it was great for alerting your team to annoying snipers.

I am really, really curious how well this game is going to run. So far I've only encountered one game that gives my computer issues, but these videos look like they must have some serious hardware behind them.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    Bummer. I liked that feature, it was great for alerting your team to annoying snipers.

I am really, really curious how well this game is going to run. So far I've only encountered one game that gives my computer issues, but these videos look like they must have some serious hardware behind them.
    You can still spot, the marker will just stay where you spotted the person it wont follow them when they move around

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    You can still spot, the marker will just stay where you spotted the person it wont follow them when they move around
    Ah, that works. I swear half my score in BC a lot of the time is spot assists. I guess I have good eyes and bad aim :P.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't you post actual videos in the main post? >_>
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Why didn't you post actual videos in the main post? >_>
    videos are qutie easy to find,
    people repost the same video on youtube like 5000 times but if you want i can post some videos on the main post.

Quote Originally Posted by frooste View Post
    videos are qutie easy to find,
    people repost the same video on youtube like 5000 times but if you want i can post some videos on the main post.
    Its the mega thread so it should atleast have the official dice videos