When I browse the servers list, all the pings seem to appear veeery slowly, and if I scroll down too quickly to the next page, they will just stop showing up for like a minute, even if I restart a search.
    This has been happening for a lot of time now, even in BC2.
    Is it a common known bug or just my problem?
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    So what is your favorite map? For vehicle combat I really like Operation Firestorm (desert oil refinery map) in Conquest mode. For more infantry based battle, I really enjoy Seine Crossing. The map that I have played the least (not by choice) is Damavand Peak.......doesnt seem to be on many server map rotations. I like the idea of Operation Metro, but the fact is its just TOO easy to defend. I honestly have not seen the last checkpoint in Metro since launch (got to see it quite a few times during Beta). I would like EA to show me the percentage of offense "wins" in Metro, would be humorously low.
    Operation Firestorm is by far my favorite. Either Grand Bazaar or Caspian Border after that. The bases are fairly well thought out in all of these maps, so they aren't as horribly overcrowded as say Seine Crossing on a 64 player map.

Damavand Peak may be my least favorite, although I do very well on it. It often turns into people camping each other, so I usually just park a Humvee in front of where the other team is camping and regularly get 9+ killstreaks.

Yeah, I enjoy Grand Bazaar quite a bit because its a pretty balanced map.......just need to know when to push left or right. I dont find it visually stimulating like the others, probably the ugliest map (besides Canals of course..........god that map just looks poopy). I still think this game would be 10x more fun with a RL friend (or somebody with me on mumble) working together. I just find it hard to join a game with friends (most of the time its full), and somehow manage to get in the same squad, while trying to communicate through in-game chat (since most ppl ignore that).

I also enjoy Grand Bazaar the most out of all of them. Seems to be a pretty balanced map with a super hot spot (Alleyway) and surrounding fights but all relatively close enough that you can fall back to defend or push around to back door. I also like the hundreds of alleys and rooms you can cut through to get to places. It's a well designed map through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I also enjoy Grand Bazaar the most out of all of them. Seems to be a pretty balanced map with a super hot spot (Alleyway) and surrounding fights but all relatively close enough that you can fall back to defend or push around to back door. I also like the hundreds of alleys and rooms you can cut through to get to places. It's a well designed map through and through.
    i use to really like it, but i did a few games on that map earlier, and the alley way is just a rpg fest. but its still one of my favorite maps, i think canals is my favorite though.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 05:35 PM ----------

maybe damarvand peak (sp?), i really like that one on conquest, but north side never wins, every game i play south team wins, but its pretty fun fighting in the tunnel.
    Need new signature ideas

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i use to really like it, but i did a few games on that map earlier, and the alley way is just a rpg fest. but its still one of my favorite maps, i think canals is my favorite though.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 05:35 PM ----------

maybe damarvand peak (sp?), i really like that one on conquest, but north side never wins, every game i play south team wins, but its pretty fun fighting in the tunnel.
    That map is fairly balanced. Try Metro. Russians get such a bloody advantage it's barely funny. They reach B first, AND fight downhill.

Metro as US is really growing on me. Just forget about deaths and keep pushing. I see so many damn people cowering under the stairs and when there finally is a lull we cant catch the moment needed to push. I play mainly assault so I break the bank on that map. Just yesterday I was on a team that actually pushed out of the ticket station and had the RU all the way at their spawn, it was heart pounding. Either way, metro is just a grenade, tube, rocket fest. No reason to not capitalize on it and make points like a madman.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I have graphics turned down to high on Multiplayer just because I don't need all the fancy crap and yet it still looks good.
    Specific servers can turn off 3d spotting, it doesn't have to be hardcore.
    Assault is medic now.
    Partying only does one thing - gets you onto the same server. You still have to work on getting the same team and squads yourself after being in game. It's definitely one of the worse features. The voice chat doesn't work at all for us, we just use vent.
    All the pistols are broken into different unlocks because you can't alter the attachments on them. They come as they are.
    My graphics are on a mix of mostly medium with a couple lows and a handful of highs, it's whatever the auto set me at, and even then it seems overwhelming at times.

The spotting was working on the server, i forget what the default key for it is but if i hold down 'F' i get a command option menu thing, isn't that the same key for spotting or did i miss the actual "spotting" key?

the interface is still horrendous. i couldn't figure out for the longest time how to change squads. To actually change your loadout you have to go into the menus (i supposed this will be fine once you actually have the loadout you like and be quicker)

all in all i like it so far though, will get better as i unlock more stuff
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

i just applied to join the platoon, my battlelog name is Syced

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Really not liking almost any of these maps, conquest mode seems to be not the whole map which is stupid so the only way to get the full map exp is to play rush. Alot of these maps dont seem even as close to as big as BF2s maps.
    Well your playing console and the console maps are 75% size and Pc is 100%.
    Caspian border, Kargh Island, Firestorm are as big or bigger then Bf2 maps, and remember Back to Karkand is coming out and that´s 4 Bf2 maps and there all huge.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    My graphics are on a mix of mostly medium with a couple lows and a handful of highs, it's whatever the auto set me at, and even then it seems overwhelming at times.

The spotting was working on the server, i forget what the default key for it is but if i hold down 'F' i get a command option menu thing, isn't that the same key for spotting or did i miss the actual "spotting" key?

the interface is still horrendous. i couldn't figure out for the longest time how to change squads. To actually change your loadout you have to go into the menus (i supposed this will be fine once you actually have the loadout you like and be quicker)

The spotting default key is "Q"
    I'm the hand of God
    I'm the dark messiah
    I'm the vengeful one

I think Q is the spotting key.

Quote Originally Posted by Edeen View Post
    That map is fairly balanced. Try Metro. Russians get such a bloody advantage it's barely funny. They reach B first, AND fight downhill.

lol i dont play rush, but i did a few rush on metro, its just stupid. who ever designed that map should be fired. last time i played it they were just spawn raping us with mortar and sniper spamming :\
    Need new signature ideas

Lol metro. Sure sucks being the on at the bottom of the escalator. RPG spam what!

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    lol i dont play rush, but i did a few rush on metro, its just stupid. who ever designed that map should be fired. last time i played it they were just spawn raping us with mortar and sniper spamming :\
    It isn't just on rush. That map is terrible on CQ as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Caspian border, Kargh Island, Firestorm are as big or bigger then Bf2 maps, and remember Back to Karkand is coming out and that´s 4 Bf2 maps and there all huge.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 05:54 PM ----------

The spotting default key is "Q"
    I really wish it would let me remap that to something else. If I try to remap it to something else, q still keeps the original functionality. It's really frustrating when I've been using q and e as strafe for 5+ years and now I've got to train my mind against it. Worst was playing bf3 for three or four matches before raid, log on for raid, and then my fingers just couldn't decide between my usual q and e strafing and my a and d strafing from bf3. Died to a lava wave for the first time sine our first week of progression on it :/

Quote Originally Posted by iplaytokill View Post
    So anyone playing single player with a gtx 560 ti frozr II on ultra? If yes, pls give me some good news
    No, but i am playing it on a Gigabyte 470GTX Super OC. Everything maxed out in both single and multiplayer and i have 0 lag/spikes. Brilliant game and well coded engine.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I think Q is the spotting key.
    definitely changed my key to 'F' then, 'Q' is knife now

but yea, spotting doesn't do anything when i look at tank / infantry :/ - i'll play with it again when i get home, i was more concerned to just actually play last night

Also, BF:BC2 was just 'melee' and you auto-knifed, is BF3 different? do you have to pull out knife then attack with mouse-1 or something?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

definitely changed my key to 'F' then, 'Q' is knife now

but yea, spotting doesn't do anything when i look at tank / infantry :/ - i'll play with it again when i get home, i was more concerned to just actually play last night

Also, BF:BC2 was just 'melee' and you auto-knifed, is BF3 different? do you have to pull out knife then attack with mouse-1 or something?
    They removed the insta knife thingy because it was way too OP, now you have to plan it because you do have to wait for the knife to be pulled out + the animation, which is pretty cool btw. The spotting was also changed because it was too easy using the spot thingy even when you couldnt really see the targets, remember you could just target a bush or a tree and then boom - orange highlight if an enemy was hiding there. Now you actualy have to see the target before you can "SPOT" and not just spamming Q.

my knife key is standard settings - F

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

The knifing idea is good, they just need to get all the bugs out of it. I have always hated the recent addition of "press this button to do an instant 1 shot melee kill" in FPS games. BF3 is going in the right direction with having to be behind them, and not making in a 1 second insta kill but its still kind of buggy. I am just glad you cant be face to face with a guy and the knife killing the guy before the shotgun does.

They dont feel bigger than bf2 maps, mind you i played the bf2 console version, id love to have some of those back, and i just wish conquest encompassed the whole maps, pretty stupid to not do that.