Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    So err.... what do you guys think about the "shortcuts" they added to BF3?

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/sea...words=shortcut
    Saw it coming because they had it for BC2. And even if it wasn't I don't see a problem with it. If someone wants to pay money to unlock something that i get for free and suck with it because they had no practice getting to it thats a free kill for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    So err.... what do you guys think about the "shortcuts" they added to BF3?

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/sea...words=shortcut
    I might consider the ground vehicle one so I can use CITV stations in tanks. Also, I noticed they have the coop weapons, and since I'm never going to play coop...
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Worst patch ever..we waited all time for this? the nerf to Stingers is horrible, jets now screwing everyone since they don't fear anything on ground basically. Also the suppression is not bearable sometimes I leave the mouse and keyboard and let whoever opened fire at me first kill me because there is no chance to get away in close/mid range combat. gg DICE..

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Worst patch ever..we waited all time for this? the nerf to Stingers is horrible, jets now screwing everyone since they don't fear anything on ground basically. Also the suppression is not bearable sometimes I leave the mouse and keyboard and let whoever opened fire at me first kill me because there is no chance to get away in close/mid range combat. gg DICE..
    the worst thing i found from the patch is that helicopters now appear to be made of cardboard, they get shot down so easily now, i took out a heli and got a double kill with a tank machine gun, and another one while on the machine gun on the side of transport heli, i heard tanks are the same now and die way to quick.
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i heard tanks are the same now and die way to quick.
    They nerfed the side and rear armor of the tanks so every engineer and his grandmother flanking tanks to pierce its armor better. On the other hand every tank driver respect himself after the patch bringing either Proximity sensor or Thermo optical perk to spot those flankers.

Something that's really gotten to me lately, is how hard it is to find a server where I'm not put into the severely losing team.
    My quit percentage is going up, simply because the teams I get put into are so f!"#"&(! awful.

Pretty upset with how they nerfed USAS as well. It wasn't better then any other weapon in it's right situation. I just loved seeing people whine about it on Metro, especially when half of every team has an LMG they're laying around camping with that's just twice as lame as the USAS can be.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 01:38 PM ----------

They nerfed the side and rear armor of the tanks so every engineer and his grandmother flanking tanks to pierce its armor better. On the other hand every tank driver respect himself after the patch bringing either Proximity sensor or Thermo optical perk to spot those flankers.
    So TV missiles or guided missiles will one-shot now? Gotta try that.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2012-03-31 at 01:37 PM.

so why can Recons still kill people by flying a remote control helicopter into them? seems really stupid, on op metro earlier a guy on something like 25-1 all he did all game was fly the helicopter into people, surely dice / EA or what ever dont want recons to be able to kill people like that?
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so why can Recons still kill people by flying a remote control helicopter into them? seems really stupid, on op metro earlier a guy on something like 25-1 all he did all game was fly the helicopter into people, surely dice / EA or what ever dont want recons to be able to kill people like that?
    The MAV can still kill by ramming but it will only be one kill before it automatically self-destructs. That was to stop the ram trains some recons enjoyed doing in Metro.

Metro, is the map I love to hate and hate to love, but if we are going to make significant game changes to the game based on that map, then the recon should receive one MAV, and one MAV only, until the recon either commits suicide or is killed. There really should not be any more access to a gadget that allows any enemy to kill people without running the risk of dying themselves.
    I'm still thinking about it...

The MAV can still kill by ramming but it will only be one kill before it automatically self-destructs. That was to stop the ram trains some recons enjoyed doing in Metro.
    I can assure you its not the case. Bug, or intended, but not everytime a MAV rams into someone it s destroyed. But compare MAV to things like M320, or paper tanks, you ll see MAV isnt the problem here.

M98B now throwing golf balls like someone said in another forums. The best sniper rifle is gone and now all switched to Semi Auto rifles to benefit from the new retarded suppression.

M98B now throwing golf balls like someone said in another forums. The best sniper rifle is gone and now all switched to Semi Auto rifles to benefit from the new retarded suppression.
    I hate semi auto sniper rifles so so much, I wish they didn't do that to the bolt actions.

I hate semi-auto's with a passion, even when I'm in close quarters I feel so uncomfortable using a x3.4 scope on a semi-auto. I'm still sticking with the bolt action snipers due to principle and the fact they promote aiming for the head over spamming bodyshots...
    Yes that is Spider-Man crying over a box of Uncle Ben's rice.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodygrinder View Post
    I hate semi-auto's with a passion, even when I'm in close quarters I feel so uncomfortable using a x3.4 scope on a semi-auto. I'm still sticking with the bolt action snipers due to principle and the fact they promote aiming for the head over spamming bodyshots...
    I have this weird quirk of my play where if I have a weapon that allows me to fire foolishly, I start to do just that.
    If I use a spammy weapon I start to spam and loose my abilility to fire my beloved bolt actions properly.
    If you cant do it with one shot dont bother is my motto.

My impressions of the new patch:
    - Love the new suppression, it's probably a tad too much but atleast it forces people to go into cover and rely on their team more - I just hope they don't nerf it too much in the next patch.
    - Foregrip seems quite useless now.
    - Stingers/IGLA range is too low, good luck getting a lock on a jet
    - Dogfighting takes forever now due to low Jet main cannon damage
    - G3A3 is better
    - Love SG553
    - I like that flash suppressor is actually a viable option now
    - Like the change to tanks, tanks can't drive through the streets not caring about anything anymore
    - Undecided on the Jet hardbreak change, I guess it was a bit ridiculous
    - They need to fix AA missiles :3
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-04-03 at 11:11 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Hello? Anyone here? Just wanted to stop by and say that the A-91 makes me look good.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Hello? Anyone here? Just wanted to stop by and say that the A-91 makes me look good.
    Pretty much the case for anyone who uses that gun.

hey, anyone right now, having problems getting on the battlelog?

i keep getting username or password incorrect, but when i click on the forget password thing, it brings me to nothing.

so i cant seem to play bf3 right now because i cant log on to battlelog.

Can anyone shed some light on PC version of BF3 for me? I love it on consoles, but feel like the 64 player games may be too chaotic. And not to mention I'd have to re-unlock everything, alongside paying another $75 for the game, and Karkand DLC. Would it be worth it in your opinion?

I'm looking for it to be my go-to game for PC. I was hoping Tribes: Ascend could takes that place but it really didn't cut it for me. Skiing is very fun, but really all the game is, is flying and learning how to lead your shot at certain distances / heights.

It is worth it. 64p is more chaotic, but the map is way bigger so people usually scatter around flags. 64p rush is NOT recommended, steer away from servers with 64p rush as those maps were only designed for 32p. Hardcore on a Wake Island 64p is the best experience this game can offer.

New Patch Impressions (PS3 User)
    A91 Finally has some dog tags horrah!
    USAS-12 is finally nerfed into oblivion with frags = YES!
    Air combat seems to last alot shorter now than before due to the lock on thing with flares.
    Dunno about the rest of you all but tanks for me now seem to be alot better with aiming, as in less kickback from the Main Cannon and also less smoke for a better view of where the thing goes. It also appears that canister shell appears to be alot better than it was before patch (might just be me however).
    Also beeping with jeeps is incredibly fun when beeping at annoying tanks in your way, it can also be annoying for you when some guy in a jeep continues to drive around you beeping.
    - Yeah I use tanks more than any other vehicle as you might be able to tell.