1. #3401
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    well, the new expansion is nice, i hate that Gunmaster game mode. the maps look amazing though.
    You should try it on hardcore. It's a pain on normal.

  2. #3402
    Is anyone else having trouble logging in to battle log? I played 1 game and left an hour ago to join another game but I couldn't. Nothing would work so I restarted browser and now I can't even log in. Says email or password is wrong when they arn't.

    And the forget password site doesn't work. The battle log site is stuck on loading for whatever reason also.

  3. #3403
    Just had a hacker in my game. Before you go "maybe he was a great player".... I've been playing a long dam time in fps games. I know one when I see one.

    He just tried goading me in chat with trash talk but I eventually got my couple of kills and teabags, then left. Meh.

  4. #3404
    Herald of the Titans BHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WMTown
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupkes View Post
    Rofl ok, only gets like 6 of them in the first clip within a few seconds, also on that rpg part he AK's 4 of them long range before the RPG comes out.
    Not to come off as bashing, but a part of the first clip is showed 3 times during the video, where two of them are right after each other, and getting 6 kills isn't really noteworthy. I'm assuming this person is your friend and you're trying to "protect" him/her, and really, the person isn't bad. Just not "ownage".
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

  5. #3405
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupkes View Post


    Now thats ownage.
    Some nice spraydowns and streaks on that, enjoyed it combined with the good editing and the music was fitting.

    Not sure why people are complaining, standing still and capturing an objective wouldn't make a good movie..

  6. #3406
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Not to come off as bashing, but a part of the first clip is showed 3 times during the video, where two of them are right after each other, and getting 6 kills isn't really noteworthy. I'm assuming this person is your friend and you're trying to "protect" him/her, and really, the person isn't bad. Just not "ownage".
    Your opinion, Fair enough.

  7. #3407
    Bf should have more rewards for streaks similar to CoD so you actually get to use something for carrying the team.

  8. #3408
    Herald of the Titans BHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WMTown
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    Bf should have more rewards for streaks similar to CoD so you actually get to use something for carrying the team.
    I disagree, if you're already "carrying" the team, you don't need additional rewards to kill people easier. Battlefield tries to simulate reality more than other FPS games *cough* CoD *cough*, which means adding killstreaks would be a very.. odd decision.

    You already have something for streaks, combat effiency ribbons. They have a higher xp reward than other ribbons, meaning you will level up faster than people who get less streaks.
    Last edited by BHD; 2012-06-16 at 09:34 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

  9. #3409
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I disagree, if you're already "carrying" the team, you don't need additional rewards to kill people easier. Battlefield tries to simulate reality more than other FPS games *cough* CoD *cough*, which means adding killstreaks would be a very.. odd decision.

    You already have something for streaks, combat effiency ribbons. They have a higher xp reward than other ribbons, meaning you will level up faster than people who get less streaks.
    I disagree, reality doesn't always make a good game, in fact I find it's the opposite in most cases. An example being sniping in CoD where the aim moves around and you have to hold your breath, the CSS model is much better imo.

  10. #3410
    Herald of the Titans BHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WMTown
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    I disagree, reality doesn't always make a good game, in fact I find it's the opposite in most cases. An example being sniping in CoD where the aim moves around and you have to hold your breath, the CSS model is much better imo.
    Well, reality is what Dice is aming for with Battlefield, so you'll probably have to endure it ^.^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

  11. #3411
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Well, reality is what Dice is aming for with Battlefield, so you'll probably have to endure it ^.^
    On the contrary it's the opposite, I did buy BF3 but haven't played it in months because of how much I dislike it. Actually bought MW3 a week ago and have been playing that, it's much better imo.

  12. #3412
    Herald of the Titans BHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WMTown
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    On the contrary it's the opposite, I did buy BF3 but haven't played it in months because of how much I dislike it. Actually bought MW3 a week ago and have been playing that, it's much better imo.
    What? So you tried out BF3, didn't like it, tried out MW3, liked it, then you go to a BF3 thread and talk about how you want stuff to be more like CoD? I think you're better off in a MW3 thread than in a BF3 one. Most BF3 fans (that I've encountered) loathe everything that has anything to do with CoD.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

  13. #3413
    sadly i was very much a fan of it and what set it apart from the CoD franchise however dice seems hellbent on trying to do CoD better than CoD and i dont care for it personally, paid for battlefield experience and every update i get closer to modern warfare

  14. #3414
    Herald of the Titans BHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WMTown
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Punxi View Post
    sadly i was very much a fan of it and what set it apart from the CoD franchise however dice seems hellbent on trying to do CoD better than CoD and i dont care for it personally, paid for battlefield experience and every update i get closer to modern warfare
    The DLC coming after Close Quarters (the name slips my mind atm) hints at the contrary, Dice seems hellbent on making every aspect of the game better whether it's on big maps with lots of vehicles or small ones with infantry-only.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

  15. #3415
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    The DLC coming after Close Quarters (the name slips my mind atm) hints at the contrary, Dice seems hellbent on making every aspect of the game better whether it's on big maps with lots of vehicles or small ones with infantry-only.
    Armored Kill. It'll feature 4 maps (last I heard), among them the biggest vehicle map ever seen in a BF game.
    Moderator of Heroes of the Storm, come say hi!

  16. #3416
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    What? So you tried out BF3, didn't like it, tried out MW3, liked it, then you go to a BF3 thread and talk about how you want stuff to be more like CoD? I think you're better off in a MW3 thread than in a BF3 one. Most BF3 fans (that I've encountered) loathe everything that has anything to do with CoD.
    Hmm I never said I want BF to be like CoD, kill streak rewards was just a suggestion because you get next to nothing for doing well in a BF game. You can talk to any BF or CoD fanboy and they will talk shit about each other without ever playing the competition, that's just how sad they are. I'm not a fanboy of either, I've tried both and prefer CoD, that's all I'm saying.

  17. #3417
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Armored Kill. It'll feature 4 maps (last I heard), among them the biggest vehicle map ever seen in a BF game.
    Mmm love the sound of it. We need more Stalingrad/Berlin throwback maps. Tanks haven't had as much chance to dominate in BF2/BF2142/BF3 as they did in 1942.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

  18. #3418
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    Hmm I never said I want BF to be like CoD, kill streak rewards was just a suggestion because you get next to nothing for doing well in a BF game. You can talk to any BF or CoD fanboy and they will talk shit about each other without ever playing the competition, that's just how sad they are. I'm not a fanboy of either, I've tried both and prefer CoD, that's all I'm saying.
    You must be a fan of instant gratification. I hate to break it to you mister CoD fanboy, but WoW and CoD are both basically owned by activision and you know what? Both games award you with instant gratification. That's the hook, you do virtually next to nothing and get rewarded for it. The same goes for wow, it has been toned down significantly since vanilla and bc and has become very casual. That's activision for you, they make sure you buy the games and get your cheap thrills and leave it so you stay hooked.

    Battlefield on the other hand, much like the SOCOM series are not MEANT to reward you with instant gratification. They are meant to drive the players in the servers to work together and win the game......hence them being tactical team based shooters. The reward is working with others, or playing in clan tournaments, etc etc. The only instant gratification in battlefield 3 comes when you knife a chickenshit sniper in the back.

  19. #3419


    this is just ... BATTLEFIELD 3 for you.

  20. #3420
    Quote Originally Posted by rakall View Post


    this is just ... BATTLEFIELD 3 for you.
    Damn snipers. If you could disable kits I would disable recon first.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •