Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    And I have to download Origin? Its not self launched like bc2?
    Heh Origin is the least of your worries. Battlelog is where the fun is at and the actual reason I stopped playing the game. Gone are the days of launching the actual BF game, its all handled in your browser now...

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Heh Origin is the least of your worries. Battlelog is where the fun is at and the actual reason I stopped playing the game. Gone are the days of launching the actual BF game, its all handled in your browser now...
    imo battlelog is amazing
    tons of stats <3
    yeah server browser should be build in game but i doubt it would work as fast as now
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-11 at 08:24 PM.

Anybody else getting crazy frame drops? My game randomly locks up for about 2-3 seconds, it worked fine before.

did you updated your nvidia drivers to beta release? ?

Don't think so, should I?

i heard that latest beta drivers caused some problems in bf3
    download new WHQL release then
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...ivers-released
    (ofc only if you have geforce gpu ;p)
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-19 at 04:26 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Just bought this game (I know i'm late )

Any beginner tips for an FPS-newbie? Not playing FPS games that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Just bought this game (I know i'm late )

Any beginner tips for an FPS-newbie? Not playing FPS games that much.
    Play TDM, deathmatch. Its a good place to practice for both aiming and awareness of what is going on since there is so much action going on in a tight area. Conquest is a more fun game mode tbh but if you need to learn how to shoot properly, get good awareness etc TDM is the place to go.

Titan
    Was there a patch for BF3 clients this morning? I had to install W8 twice yesterday (first install was acting up, so i reinstalled it again after switching drives around and it's all fine now), and after copying from a previously good install (as opposed to downloading all 30GB again), it asked me to download another 4GB. It's not a problem, i let it download, but i'm just wondering if anyone else got the same.

As for gameplay, i am LOVING the crossbow. Since Premium only cost me £16 and guaranteed the final 2 DLC and all the premium benefits, it's not something i despise so much. The crossbow was what pushed me over the edge into going premium. I like that i can now play support with ranged explosives, or as a sniper with unlimited ammo. I like that as a sniper, i can now destroy building cover with ease, and that i don't have to reveal myself to enemies (last time i did that i got arrested anyway). I like that there's little to no splash damage on the HE bolt, which means that it's generally allowed on servers where explosives are otherwise disallowed. I've not unlocked the scan bolt, but i'll get around to it when i feel the need for it.

Some people will know this already, but i recently switched ISP to one with a faster, cheaper service. Since the switch, my entire line has been unstable as hell. Disconnects every few hours have been common. It's made playing awkward. From time to time, i did get a stable connection, and managed an entire round of Metro 64 Conquest with more tickets than standard. Below is just one such round.

I've also found a long lost affinity for reviving and healing. When you get me on a 64-player Metro conquest as assault, i won't be busy shooting. I'll be busy encouraging you to push forwards by handling revives and heals. At the end of an above-average round, i'll walk away with 30K score, and the award for best assault. I got in a squad a few nights ago. The match started 8v8 and on the server i play on, it's forbidden to cap A or C until 10v10. Slowly but surely, the numbers of people grew, but this squad stayed the same.

Towards the end of the round, around 250 tickets left, our team is getting pushed back, but we're holding at the exits that lead from B to A (Russian side). I'm spamming medkits and revives, and people are holding. I've got 29K points and i'm leading our team. Below me, are my 3 squad mates, the lowest of which was 17K and the one below me being 26K. Suddenly, line drops, and i'm thrown out of the game. I rejoin, and find we've been wiped out, and the US team has all 3 points. I manage to get 7K points before the match ends, but since i was dropped from the game, i lose out on my hard-earned 1-hours work "Best Assault" award.

Sure, the revives and heals counted towards my medic premium dogtag (over 100 revives in that round alone, and 140 heals to team mates), but man, all that work and losing out on the award. It might not mean anything, but it was such a fun round and i totally deserved the aware (the guy who got it managed only 25K by the end). I've managed 31K in one of the rounds since then (one of the few where i've been able to stay connected throughout).

But yeah, Crossbow is awesome, but i'm only using it when i decide i want to take a break from sniping or support (using LMG88 when i want to camp, or P90 when running around -- which is becoming more common now that i've found a weapon that i can work with). USAS FRAG still get's some use for suppression and killing snipers who are killing us in our spawn, but i'm moving towards making sure my team can try and push forwards, or making myself a mobile spawn point for my squad, as opposed to sitting near a base and defending it for the entire round (which get's boring after a while).
    [...]

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Play TDM, deathmatch. Its a good place to practice for both aiming and awareness of what is going on since there is so much action going on in a tight area. Conquest is a more fun game mode tbh but if you need to learn how to shoot properly, get good awareness etc TDM is the place to go.
    Been doing TDM for a few hours now, I feel a lot better already.

Thanks for the advice!

Been doing TDM for a few hours now, I feel a lot better already.

Thanks for the advice!
    Whenever I get a new game that is mostly played in multiplayer, I tend to play through the campaign first. It has helped me a lot with shooter games, I suggest you try it! Even if the story is pretty meh, it makes wonders for getting more used to the game.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

Bloodsail Admiral
    Been playing BF3 a lot lately, really enjoying it.

Anyway, anyone noticed a bug with the ammo where sometimes you spawn with less ammo? For example I usually spawn with 6 rounds in a stinger, but sometimes I only get 3? Same thing happends with M15 mines, where I only spawn with 3 instead of 6.

Been playing BF3 a lot lately, really enjoying it.

Anyway, anyone noticed a bug with the ammo where sometimes you spawn with less ammo? For example I usually spawn with 6 rounds in a stinger, but sometimes I only get 3? Same thing happends with M15 mines, where I only spawn with 3 instead of 6.
    Probably the difference between spawning with someone in your squad using the squad ammo perk and other times not.... or whichever perk deals with m15 mines and stingers, etc.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Probably the difference between spawning with someone in your squad using the squad ammo perk and other times not.... or whichever perk deals with m15 mines and stingers, etc.
    That's what I thought first, but a friend of mine and me tried this, we both used squad ammo perk and we still had 3 rounds instead of 6. We also tried with one of us using squad ammo only we still didn't get more ammo. Seems a bit buggy?

Use squad explosives perk ^^

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    Use squad explosives perk ^^
    Oh I feel stupid now Didn't read through the specializations correctly, thought the ammo one was for all weapons and equipment.

Thanks a lot for that answer!
    Last edited by Harnace; 2012-12-29 at 02:02 AM.

No problem glad you solved it

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Oh BF3, How I love thee... even though I am terrible at it. Getting points isn't too much of a problem... I am usually middle of the pack at the end of a match (I usually play conquest when going for points) but I can't seem to get kills to save my life. On average I might get 6 kills a match if I am running around with friends. It's considerably lower when I am alone.

My hope is that it's just me being a noob, but I dunno. Some days, I feel like I have lost my touch when it comes to FPS games. Back in the days before steam was an actual platform, I was playing Counterstrike. Oh god, how I played the hell out of that game. I was pretty good too. Not Cal-I good, but competitive at that level. I could play for hours and not lose a step. At one point, myself and a couple of buddies bribed a lan owner to let us play for a weekend straight. All it took was a pizza per day we were there. I'm talking, play for 12 hours... take an hour to get food and drinks, and go back at it.

My ability to play at such a high level came naturally, I was able to just jump in and go. About the time Source hit, my play time dramatically decreased. I started focusing on Diablo 2 (which then consumed my gaming life :P). I sort of stepped away from FPS games in general.

So now I am back, and I am floundering. In a firefight, I can dump a good 10-15 rounds at an enemy, and barely touch them... Only to be wrecked a couple of seconds later in what seems like a short burst. I have to admit, it's kind of frustrating really (okay, it's probably to be expected, but it frustrates me because I can't seem to improve).

I guess my question is, how much of the game is based on gear choices? What I mean by that is, do certain load outs lend themselves to specific gear/gadget combinations? For what it's worth, I spend most of my time playing as Assault (the class with the med pack).

I very much want to get better and I know that different gear packages aren't going to solve my noobishness, but they might help me start down the right path

What's funny about all of this... when I have a sub par game, it's still a blast. BF3 is easily my favorite FPS.

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

honestly i wish it was like bf2 where you didnt have to be premium to gain access to everything i got bf3 for free with my current pc but the free non premium version doesnt let you do shit only like 8 maps available and a bunch of guns are premium only i dont know if there actually better than the free ones

With BF2 you still had to buy the expansions, just like you have to with the ones for BF3. Or they name everything DLC these days. Premium gets you all the new stuff cheaper than if you bought it all separetely, although you have to pay it all at once instead of at each release. But that's hardly negative.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala