1. #3601
    Pit Lord Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,296
    New End Game trailer <-- clicky
    There is also an air superiority trailer that you can see by going to the premium videos through your account.

    Loving the look of the dirtbikes/CTF game mode! Air superiority not so much, as I hate jets, and it looks like that game is jets only(not even helicopters). And no new weapons...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  2. #3602
    no new weapons in End Game ? can someone confirm ? because the trailer does not show that there is a new weapon.

  3. #3603
    Pit Lord Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,296
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    no new weapons in End Game ? can someone confirm ? because the trailer does not show that there is a new weapon.
    I'm pretty sure this is the confirmation;

    They didn't say "no new weapons," but all off the other trailers said there were new weapons at this point in the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  4. #3604
    Uh-oh... This game is all what's holding EA from falling into the abyss. Not a good plan to piss players of the ONLY thing that is making them viable, specially after FIFA 13 fall from grace.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  5. #3605
    New assignments could lead to new weapons, no?

  6. #3606
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    New assignments could lead to new weapons, no?
    thats a good guess actually, but i think it will just be more skins.

  7. #3607
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    thats a good guess actually, but i think it will just be more skins.
    only premium (non DLC related) assignments rewards skins

    but all off the other trailers said there were new weapons at this point in the video.
    and there was huge shitstorm about it (hence xbow in AM) becuase EA removed few things from trailers/DLC announcements and was accused of false advertising

  8. #3608
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    New assignments could lead to new weapons, no?
    I doubt there will be new weapons, premium promised TWENTY weapons and what do you get with premium? Back to Karkand, and what do you get with karkand? Ten weapons, and close quarters gives you ten more so that makes twenty.

    EA has a habit of bending people over and giving it them and their wallet as hard as they can so I highly doubt we'll see new weapons.

  9. #3609
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    I doubt there will be new weapons, premium promised TWENTY weapons and what do you get with premium? Back to Karkand, and what do you get with karkand? Ten weapons, and close quarters gives you ten more so that makes twenty.

    EA has a habit of bending people over and giving it them and their wallet as hard as they can so I highly doubt we'll see new weapons.
    Ah, I did not know that premium promised any fixed amount of weapons. Very well, guess there won't be any new ones. I personally don't have premium so it doesn't really matter to me. I'd like to have it, but I don't play enough to justify buying it.

    Not relevant at all to the above: Waaahhhh, Boo no longer voicing HazardCinema's top 10 plays-series. He has the voice. I like the new guy but it's just not the same

  10. #3610
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Ah, I did not know that premium promised any fixed amount of weapons. Very well, guess there won't be any new ones. I personally don't have premium so it doesn't really matter to me. I'd like to have it, but I don't play enough to justify buying it.

    Not relevant at all to the above: Waaahhhh, Boo no longer voicing HazardCinema's top 10 plays-series. He has the voice. I like the new guy but it's just not the same
    The original premium commercial/ad said 20 but we've gotten 21 so far if you add the crossbow. It doesn't really count though since it's just equipment lol

  11. #3611
    how many ppl play bf3 on pc ? is it worth buying it now ?

  12. #3612
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    how many ppl play bf3 on pc ? is it worth buying it now ?
    Since I only have Back To Karkand, I'm very limited in the amount of servers I can play, but I have never seen a shortage of players unless I look for a server at 4 in the morning. But even then there are a few servers up and running. I'd say it's worth buying.

    Do note that I mostly play and love Metro, not sure what other kinds of servers look like population-wise, but when I've wanted variation and searched for other maps there were indeed many players there too.
    Last edited by Badhairday; 2013-02-03 at 10:19 PM.

  13. #3613
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Oh BF3, How I love thee... even though I am terrible at it. Getting points isn't too much of a problem... I am usually middle of the pack at the end of a match (I usually play conquest when going for points) but I can't seem to get kills to save my life. On average I might get 6 kills a match if I am running around with friends. It's considerably lower when I am alone.

    My hope is that it's just me being a noob, but I dunno. Some days, I feel like I have lost my touch when it comes to FPS games. Back in the days before steam was an actual platform, I was playing Counterstrike. Oh god, how I played the hell out of that game. I was pretty good too. Not Cal-I good, but competitive at that level. I could play for hours and not lose a step. At one point, myself and a couple of buddies bribed a lan owner to let us play for a weekend straight. All it took was a pizza per day we were there. I'm talking, play for 12 hours... take an hour to get food and drinks, and go back at it.

    My ability to play at such a high level came naturally, I was able to just jump in and go. About the time Source hit, my play time dramatically decreased. I started focusing on Diablo 2 (which then consumed my gaming life :P). I sort of stepped away from FPS games in general.

    So now I am back, and I am floundering. In a firefight, I can dump a good 10-15 rounds at an enemy, and barely touch them... Only to be wrecked a couple of seconds later in what seems like a short burst. I have to admit, it's kind of frustrating really (okay, it's probably to be expected, but it frustrates me because I can't seem to improve).

    I guess my question is, how much of the game is based on gear choices? What I mean by that is, do certain load outs lend themselves to specific gear/gadget combinations? For what it's worth, I spend most of my time playing as Assault (the class with the med pack).

    I very much want to get better and I know that different gear packages aren't going to solve my noobishness, but they might help me start down the right path

    What's funny about all of this... when I have a sub par game, it's still a blast. BF3 is easily my favorite FPS.
    Before any advice, please remember BF3 has vehicles, use them. Vehicles dont require twitch reflex but experience and precision so you should be fine. Jets are the most overpowered stuff you can get in the game right now (its supposed to be balanced by minimal impact on ground combat, but the domino effect by jet-chopper-tank-troops combo cant be ignored :\). I play almost exclusively vehicle on classic maps and maps with vehicles actually.

    Gears dont play crucial role, at most you need a decent mouse which fits your palm (and no I'm not recommending you Razer stuff, they are pretty but are prone to break too often). Good keyboard is recommended, the more comfortable it is the longer you can sit in one go.

    Btw, dont be so frustrated. I'm 29 now, and while I'm still somewhat good at twitch shooting, I get tired easily - at most I can sustain top (or almost top) ranks in 4 or 5 close quarter matches (around 30 mins) before my focus level drops considerably to the point my KDR goes from ~2 to 0.5 0_0 I can keep it going in Aftermath just because those maps are so large and with so many flanking routes most of the time I shoot at people's back rather than meet them head-on. You can check my profile kronpas on battlelog.

  14. #3614
    Fluffy Kitten llDemonll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,588
    Man I haven't played BF3 in a long time...since Karkand. It's a shame they keep messing with the game so much

    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

  15. #3615
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Man I haven't played BF3 in a long time...since Karkand. It's a shame they keep messing with the game so much
    Aftermath is by the far the best expansion they've made, but that's my opinion of it and my fanboyism of the classic socom game maps being translated into it.

  16. #3616
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Aftermath is by the far the best expansion they've made, but that's my opinion of it
    you are not alone ;p
    for me
    AM>CQ>B2K/AK

    tho i still LOVE ziba tower domination
    best map so far (rest of DLC is not that good)

  17. #3617
    i installed bf3 and origin is currently updating it. i bought premium edition so ill dl other dlc later.
    my question is can i remove the disc from pc or it will stop the updating ? i could install other things meanwhile

  18. #3618
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i installed bf3 and origin is currently updating it. i bought premium edition so ill dl other dlc later.
    my question is can i remove the disc from pc or it will stop the updating ? i could install other things meanwhile
    If BF3 is installed it should be OK to remove the disc, origin doesn't come on the disc I think, iirc you download it even if you have a physical copy of BF3.

  19. #3619
    Pit Lord Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,296
    Wow, bonus content drop! Here are 3 shitty dog tags that everyone else with the game has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  20. #3620
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Wow, bonus content drop! Here are 3 shitty dog tags that everyone else with the game has.
    You mean everyone that isn't a non premium peasant

    Premium master race ftw!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •