1. #3681
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I think it pretty much requires a controller of some sort (be it joystick or pad) to be really, consistently effective with the flying vehicles. It's kind of like Ace Combat Assault Horizon: Me and my friend both got it on the same day and were trying to play it co-op, both using mouse and keyboard. It was pretty much impossible, taking repeated mouse swings and really awkward/sharp turns trying to get around the place. Switched to pads and suddenly it was the easiest thing ever.
    Sorry but you are dead wrong here. I dont fly jets, but mouse/kb is perfectly fine for chopper (if not better since its easier to aim with mouse). On jets its up to personal preference, all of my friends fly with kb/mouse also.

  2. #3682
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Sorry but you are dead wrong here. I dont fly jets, but mouse/kb is perfectly fine for chopper (if not better since its easier to aim with mouse). On jets its up to personal preference, all of my friends fly with kb/mouse also.
    Actually while I was training being in a jet, some very helpful veteran jet pilots were giving me advice, the said mouse and keyboard is what they all use. There are plenty of youtube vids that can teach you maneuvers to flank someone on your tail. For instance the optimum speed to turn is around 315 which will help you out turn someone behind ya if they don't know.

  3. #3683
    indeed. To untrained eye the sharpturns and other high class stuff seems to be possible only with specialized hardware (ie pad/joystick), but in reality its down to individual skills (tricks, experience etc.). I flew choppers with gamepad at first, but once realizing I couldnt hit shit with analog aiming I made the switch back to mouse/keyboard.

    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3.../232921885/pc/

  4. #3684
    tip for jets
    bind pitch up to e.g. space bar







    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    the rest is all low quality content.
    imo ziba tower is the best map in bf3

  5. #3685
    The Unstoppable Force Peggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southwark, London
    Posts
    20,697
    me and my friend use to play this on xbox, but because of the stupid patch sizes he could no longer play it on there, so hes now thinking of getting it for pc, but not sure if his pc can run it. can i give him my origin login info and have him install my copy of BF3 on his pc to see if it works? or will it not allow it to be installed on more than one?
    Need new signature ideas

  6. #3686
    the best jet/chopper pilot you will ever see is "PUNCHRULLE", he uses keyboard/mouse.

    his youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/korv57/videos

    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    me and my friend use to play this on xbox, but because of the stupid patch sizes he could no longer play it on there, so hes now thinking of getting it for pc, but not sure if his pc can run it. can i give him my origin login info and have him install my copy of BF3 on his pc to see if it works? or will it not allow it to be installed on more than one?
    that works fine. but again it will be massive download unless you give him the game files on a stick.

    or he could run http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

    not precise but gives a general idea.

  7. #3687
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    me and my friend use to play this on xbox, but because of the stupid patch sizes he could no longer play it on there, so hes now thinking of getting it for pc, but not sure if his pc can run it. can i give him my origin login info and have him install my copy of BF3 on his pc to see if it works? or will it not allow it to be installed on more than one?
    Probably not a good idea to be logged in with the same account in two different places, other than that, it should be fine.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  8. #3688
    The Unstoppable Force Peggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southwark, London
    Posts
    20,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Probably not a good idea to be logged in with the same account in two different places, other than that, it should be fine.
    oh yeah i wasn't going to log in, i just know some games these days are funny when you install them on more than one pc.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 07:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    the best jet/chopper pilot you will ever see is "PUNCHRULLE", he uses keyboard/mouse.

    his youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/korv57/videos



    that works fine. but again it will be massive download unless you give him the game files on a stick.

    or he could run http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

    not precise but gives a general idea.

    cool, didn't know about that site! thanks for link ill send it to him.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 05:03 PM ----------

    ewll that sucks, it doesn't run on xp D:
    Need new signature ideas

  9. #3689
    where can i see the list of PREMIUM only weapons and vehicles ??

  10. #3690
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    where can i see the list of PREMIUM only weapons and vehicles ??
    there is no such thing, there is only premium weapon skin and dogtags.

  11. #3691
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    there is no such thing, there is only premium weapon skin and dogtags.
    Not entirely true. There is one Premium only weapon. The ACB-90 knife >.>

  12. #3692
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Not entirely true. There is one Premium only weapon. The ACB-90 knife >.>
    still a weapon skin.

  13. #3693
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,681
    finally done unlocking everything i can that doesnt require premium (except for jet and IFV)

  14. #3694
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    finally done unlocking everything i can that doesnt require premium (except for jet and IFV)
    you unlocked every gun attachment as well? damn

  15. #3695
    any tips on how to hit other jets with machine gun accurately ? i try to shoot above/before them but even then i miss like 90%. and im easily outmanouvered.

  16. #3696
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    any tips on how to hit other jets with machine gun accurately ? i try to shoot above/before them but even then i miss like 90%. and im easily outmanouvered.
    Just practice. You'll get used to it.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

    Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

  17. #3697
    Stood in the Fire Ballistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    491
    "Below Radar" for jets and Helis not working anymore ? bug? I heard that it is not working with stingers only.

  18. #3698
    Jets seems to be working, but chopper doesnt. Or its only softlam that the perk isnt working against, I'm not sure but my rate of being blown up 3 meters above the ground is abnormally high since the patch.

  19. #3699
    Epic! Masqerader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,635
    aim ahead of them but not to far. I try to catch them when they're turning and usually aim for the middle, once they're disabled in A.S i move on.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 05:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    "Below Radar" for jets and Helis not working anymore ? bug? I heard that it is not working with stingers only.

    below radars only works with Heat Seekers. So if your being locked on by The jeep, soflam or stingers your still gonna get hit unless u can find terrain or a building to get behind.
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-03-21 at 10:25 AM.

  20. #3700
    Just keep flying low if your ECM s spent, even stinger/softlam guided missile can miss sometimes (like 20-30% of the time). Esp useful if you are in slow ass little bird.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •