GTX 560 TI overclocked edition and the game runs super smooth on high settings!

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    8. You are the ONLY person I have seen bitch about caspian border...maybe your computer and connection is shit and you need to quit being so cheap.
    On PC Caspian border is fucked (extreme lagspikes), atleast in EU for pretty much everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    On PC Caspian border is fucked (extreme lagspikes), atleast in EU for pretty much everyone.
    Didn't they just release it for everyone to play so it's bloated? Kinda like how it was when the servers originally came up for metro last tuesday?

Just tried my first round of CB, seems fun so far. Definitely bigger battles compared to Metro.

oh, and I finally got to see a loading screen. Never got to see one in Metro!

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Didn't they just release it for everyone to play so it's bloated? Kinda like how it was when the servers originally came up for metro last tuesday?
    I think this is the purpose of the BETA to see how much abuse servers can handle. Not worried at all about stability for launch but ofcourse it would be fun to be playing in a stable environment already now

Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    Caspian Border - laggy, vehicles are joke - glad I cancelled my preorder
    ya since the BETA is the final version....... oh wait.

And I would agree with you Diurdi

Just to clarify, can anyone tell me how many players are supported in multiplayer on consoles (Xbox 360)? I've heard 24, 32, 48... I would really like to know if it's the same number as BF:BC2.

Also: Is the release date for console on Oct. 25th as well?

Fluffy Kitten
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Just to clarify, can anyone tell me how many players are supported in multiplayer on consoles (Xbox 360)? I've heard 24, 32, 48... I would really like to know if it's the same number as BF:BC2.

I believe that the player count for consoles is 24. It should also be out on the same date

25th in the United States 29th in Europe

So it's 24 per team.. 24 vs 24? Or 24 total players including both teams? Sorry I'm a little confused, 24 just seems small to me.. That's what, three squads per team?

Maybe it's not as bad as it sounds. I just don't want to be stuck in a huge map not being able to find anybody.

That multiplayer trailor looks great and everything but isn't it just going to end up witha queue of people waiting for planes and tanks etc. like the old BF games? Who would want to be running around on the ground when people are flying jets?

Fluffy Kitten
    So it's 24 per team.. 24 vs 24? Or 24 total players including both teams? Sorry I'm a little confused, 24 just seems small to me.. That's what, three squads per team?

Maybe it's not as bad as it sounds. I just don't want to be stuck in a huge map not being able to find anybody.
    It is 12v12 for 24 total on consoles. Yeah, that seems like an extremely low player count for BF maps. Caspian Border is also not available for consoles, so you don't really have to worry about that map.

----------

Did anyone else catch that the flashlight no longer has any effect in the daytime? YAYAYAYAYAYA!

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anexis View Post
    That multiplayer trailor looks great and everything but isn't it just going to end up witha queue of people waiting for planes and tanks etc. like the old BF games? Who would want to be running around on the ground when people are flying jets?
    Yeah, that sort of thing is always a given for a BF game. There will be people sitting there camping the jets.

However, jets are largely useless against infantry. The only things that need to worry about them are the larger armored vehicles and other jets.

i dont think you will see that, because theres several Anti-Air weapons available.

like the engineer gets the Stinger Bazooka which is anti-air pretty early.

Fluffy Kitten
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    i dont think you will see that, because theres several Anti-Air weapons available.

like the engineer gets the Stinger Bazooka which is anti-air pretty early.
    Oh, you'll see it. There where plenty of AA options in BF2 and you saw it all the time. The jets do have flares to help avoid stingers. Honestly, as long as you aren't flying low and slow, or can't adequate maneuver to evade, you'll be fine.

This is why you need to find a good server and clan/community that discourages that.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    ya since the BETA is the final version....... oh wait.
    open beta is often considered as last beta stage, final version isn't much different from release version.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    GTX 560 TI overclocked edition and the game runs super smooth on high settings!
    Go fucking ultra you can do it 6950 with an old q6600 at 2.7Ghz rolling high at 50-60 fps in mid of action
    ENGLISH ISNT MY MAIN SPEC
    YOU NOW BREATH CONSCIOUSLY

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    It is 12v12 for 24 total on consoles. Yeah, that seems like an extremely low player count for BF maps. Caspian Border is also not available for consoles, so you don't really have to worry about that map.

----------

Did anyone else catch that the flashlight no longer has any effect in the daytime? YAYAYAYAYAYA!

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 11:46 AM ----------

Yeah, that sort of thing is always a given for a BF game. There will be people sitting there camping the jets.

However, jets are largely useless against infantry. The only things that need to worry about them are the larger armored vehicles and other jets.
    Caspian Border is available for consoles...just not on the beta for consoles. The PC maps are different than the console maps. The console maps have been scaled back to account for the lower teams and it has worked in BFBC2 so it will work fine for BF3. With that said now that I have an awesome job I might throw together a computer that can run it on ultra once I finish paying a few things off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
    open beta is often considered as last beta stage, final version isn't much different from release version.
    Open betas are for stress testing if it wasnt they would call it a demo. The beta that is currently up is an old build and is nowhere near the final product.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2011-10-07 at 05:17 PM.

24 in all gameplay type.