10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    How is that awful customer service?
    I guess it was sarcasm.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    How is that awful customer service?
    Sarcasm attacks, you dodge.

That is some pretty sweet service imo. And oh man this game has been so good to my eyeballs and ears.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They are handing out 15% discounts left and right. I called them for a minor issue and got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Origin's awful customer service spotted in the wild.

*snip*
    Was that you talking to them or is the SS from elsewhere?

While I haven't dealt with them myself, from what I've heard from friends/the internet (because the internet is so trustworthy!) is that they'll throw discounts at you left and right, but when you have billing problems or problems with the software ect., they take forever to get back to you and then take another forever (two forevers for those not counting) to fix it.

When I used it for the beta it just...pissed me off...a lot. Dunno why. It's one of the reasons I haven't purchased the game yet (that and the quicktime events...freaking kill me).

I have to be honest, the quicktime events are very similar to what you see in MW. A lot of it is melee encounters so it looks cool and feels appropriate. The other random stuff is like ledge grabbing, repelling etc that is just more streamlined as an action sequence.

In my honest opinion this is the most over the top, (forgive me here BF fans) COD style BF campaign I have played yet (not that that is a bad thing mind you). Though it auditory and graphically is stunning, the micheal bay esque style story telling is awesome to me. I love slow motion and quick time events and explosions. I personally think it's a voyage any FPS fan should take because it is pure heart pounding amounts of awesomeness... and I haven't even touched MP yet.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Was that you talking to them or is the SS from elsewhere?
    Not mine.
    While I haven't dealt with them myself, from what I've heard from friends/the internet (because the internet is so trustworthy!) is that they'll throw discounts at you left and right, but when you have billing problems or problems with the software ect., they take forever to get back to you and then take another forever (two forevers for those not counting) to fix it.
    I've also heard that. I'm not too surprised that Origin has run into a few issues in the midst of what's essentially its biggest stress test ever, though.

DOH... IDIOT MOMENT!

Found out how to fix my problem in case anyone runs into it... I couldn't get in any games or play the campaign because I had to hold control and F5 to reload since I was in beta...

Working now

Beat the campaign time for some multiplayer! Some of the missions were pretty epic

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Beat the campaign time for some multiplayer! Some of the missions were pretty epic
    How long is the single player? Did some searching but couldn't find anything that gave a real answer : /

I think it's 6-7 hours. Considering I just finished Rolling Thunder at hour 3.5 and that is roughly half way through.

10+ Year Old Account
    installing right meow, cant effin wait to see this game on ultra settings.. i think my family might not see me for a few months, and good bye to wow finally!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting quite angry with Origin right now. I waited in line in the cold to get my copy of BF3, and now it is having issues installing. I ran the repair tool, which didn't do anything, as it got caught up. It then will only give me the option of Install, which does nothing but take me back to where it says installed again.

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: this game is amazing. to all the people who are having issues with installing, thats pretty crappy luck - trust me though, once its installed, youll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I think it's 6-7 hours. Considering I just finished Rolling Thunder at hour 3.5 and that is roughly half way through.
    This is correct.
    And Damavand Peaks choke point is brutal to get through, but the game is so much better then beta, bullets arent hitting me when im behind cover!

Nvm its fine
    its sick!
    Last edited by methwow; 2011-10-25 at 07:31 AM.

Sooooo I'm having some issues in multiplayer if anyone's has any idea why it's doing this I'd be much appreciative..

So, basically after a few minutes inside a server, (Does not matter what server, it's every server I've been in.. which is around 30 before I got frustrated to the point of no return) I get kicked saying that the administrator kicked me. Now I know that it's not an admin because it's been that many servers, so I looked at punkbuster... but the punkbuster service checker said everything was OK. (I even reinstalled punkbuster for BF3 manually just to make sure)

Any ideas? I really want to play MP, and the game looks amazing for the 4 minutes I can play in MP at a time :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Sooooo I'm having some issues in multiplayer if anyone's has any idea why it's doing this I'd be much appreciative..

So, basically after a few minutes inside a server, (Does not matter what server, it's every server I've been in.. which is around 30 before I got frustrated to the point of no return) I get kicked saying that the administrator kicked me. Now I know that it's not an admin because it's been that many servers, so I looked at punkbuster... but the punkbuster service checker said everything was OK. (I even reinstalled punkbuster for BF3 manually just to make sure)

Any ideas? I really want to play MP, and the game looks amazing for the 4 minutes I can play in MP at a time :P
    its definatly a PB issue, thats how much i can say, make sure theres not something blocking PB ,this happens on alot of games with PB, used to happen to me on cod4 so i just played without my avg firewall on.

Deleted
    i love origin i had i download speed of 18 mb.s faster than steam :-D and no problems at all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weske View Post
    i love origin i had i download speed of 18 mb.s faster than steam :-D and no problems at all
    Really? Mine is a F...ing snail compared to steam.

Deleted
    anyone have any idea of how to add the game files to origin? downloaded them elsewhere so when i got my key today i could just use that and play straight away rather than downloading the whole thing. it's not quite like the ever so easy steam where you can right click and verify the cache. every time i try to add the files to origin it just auto deletes them and tries to redownload the whole thing again.