Page 2 of 187 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Its the mega thread so it should atleast have the official dice videos
    ill add some quick vids now and sort the proper videos when i get to a proper PC and a nicer layout.IF a mod wishes to clean this up until then please do so.
    Last edited by methwow; 2011-08-18 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frooste View Post
    videos are qutie easy to find,
    people repost the same video on youtube like 5000 times but if you want i can post some videos on the main post.
    If it's a megathread, I really don't think people mind it.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    EA has confirmed that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Battlefield 3 will be getting server browsers
    http://n4g.com/news/826303/battlefie...d-for-consoles

I'm personally not a console gamer, but that is a big win for those who are getting this for consoles. You don't have to deal with P2P!

Quote Originally Posted by frooste View Post
    ill add some quick vids now and sort the proper videos when i get to a proper PC and a nicer layout.IF a mod wishes to clean this up until then please do so.
    Co-op gameplay
    Caspian Border gameplay trailer
    Frostbite 2 Features
    Thunder run gameplay trailer
    Operation Metro gameplay
    Fault line gameplay
    E3 awards/multiplayer gameplay

There you go works done for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayure View Post
    http://n4g.com/news/826303/battlefie...d-for-consoles

I'm personally not a console gamer, but that is a big win for those who are getting this for consoles. You don't have to deal with P2P!
    Yes i agree its a big plus instead of just matchmaking everything.

Yes i agree its a big plus instead of just matchmaking everything.
    I don't understand how people can play games with matchmaking only. Server community is half the reason I play!
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Well, yeah.
    On this I agree.
    But of course, if you're lucky enough to hit a jet with your RPG - it should go down.

Don't want a bunch of people being able to kill me in a jet with the Tracer/RPG combo.
    I have enough trouble hitting helicopters in BC2 with the tracer. I imagine AA will play a more important role in BF3. Also I noticed in the list of vehicles there is a mobile AA vehicle.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    I have enough trouble hitting helicopters in BC2 with the tracer. I imagine AA will play a more important role in BF3. Also I noticed in the list of vehicles there is a mobile AA vehicle.
    On BF2 some maps also had anti AA vehicles, would be useful vs infantry also but a tank shows up your screwed

Well, yeah.
    On this I agree.
    But of course, if you're lucky enough to hit a jet with your RPG - it should go down.

Don't want a bunch of people being able to kill me in a jet with the Tracer/RPG combo.
    I believe they got rid of the tracer darts

Really?
    If that's true, it's both good and bad news.
    Depending on the amount of AA on the map, it will be harder for infantry to take down helicopters. Let's just hope there's enough of AA.
    Looking at the weapon list i dont see a tracer

Mobile Anti Air
    LAV-AD
    9K22 Tunguska-M

Launchers:
    SMAW
    AT-4
    RPG-7V2
    FIM-92 Stinger
    FGM-148 Javelin
    SA-18 IGLA
    Grenade Launcher
    Is what is known so far...can't find anything about stationary AA but I'm sure there will be some.

god damn this game can't come soon enough, but it is going to make it so hard to stay focused on college / finals for this semester, even more so because somehow out of all the colleges to transfer to I chose one with an extremely strong/passionate gaming community that puts on 200+ person LAN parties in the indoor track&field building open area

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Mobile Anti Air
    LAV-AD
    9K22 Tunguska-M

Launchers:
    SMAW
    AT-4
    RPG-7V2
    FIM-92 Stinger
    FGM-148 Javelin
    SA-18 IGLA
    Grenade Launcher
    Is what is known so far...can't find anything about stationary AA but I'm sure there will be some.
    Well they do have mobile AA listed too. Not 100% sure, but on the caspian gameplay it looks like an AA shooting at that jet right before it explodes at the end.

Edit: AA shooting is at 1:40ish
    The person that is shooting is on the US and the listed mobile AA for the US is the LAV-AD which has mounted rockets and a mini-gun mounted on the front. Looks like that's a no-go on that idea.

Last edited by xxf2dxx; 2011-08-18 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Yeah I included that.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Yeah I included that.
    My point was that I wasn't sure if the AA at 1:40 was stationary or mobile. I corrected myself when I looked into it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 60mm Mortar on the weapons list? I'm assuming that's probably the spotting device.

None-the-less I'm praying this has a decent amount of tactical gameplay, and is not no-scope-twitch-retard mode.

PC wont have ingame server browser

DICE’s Alan Kertz has confirmed that in order to switch servers, you have to exit Battlefield 3, and use Battlelog to find another server and join.
    Very disappointing i dont want to be forced to use battlelog
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-08-18 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah that sux a little.. but I won´t have to worry about that since my clan will be running a 64 player server
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account

What is battlelog?
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    What is battlelog?
    Its facebook for battlefield basically, it was used to launch the game in alpha and alot of people didnt like it then

Wow.
    That's just garbage. Why the hell would they do that?
    Battlelog is much better than a traditional server browser. I'm sure it will be incorporated in-game in some way.