Home from work still no key... iv only had BF3 preordered forever!

Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post
    i was playing high, with MSAA turned up to x4 (from Off) getting 45-50 fps

1920x1080
    amd phenom II x4 840
    4gb ddr3 1600mhz RAM
    EVGA gtx 560ti DS oc'd to 966/1932/2141
    Hm. i5 2500k & 8GB RAM here. Anyone know if the 2GB 560Ti has better performance? I'd imagine it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Hm. i5 2500k & 8GB RAM here. Anyone know if the 2GB 560Ti has better performance? I'd imagine it does.
    extra VRAM really only helps with res higher than 1080p/ multi screen (over 1980x1200/1080)

If you want to make a decision about pre-ordering / buying game on release right now, don't go to the BF3 forums. Just non stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by That Weird Kid View Post
    If you want to make a decision about pre-ordering / buying game on release right now, don't go to the BF3 forums. Just non stop complaining.
    That sounds like any forum site anywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    There is suppose to be a suprise tomorrow for us beta players, maybe its the caspian boarder map, Daniel Matros Global Battlefield Community Manager at DICE said on battlelog forums that he had a suprise for us tomorrow.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Zh1nt0 is awesome. I did notice EA had a passworded "test server" for Caspian Border up earlier. Honestly, i'm not keen on the design of Op. Metro, it's not really BF3's Gulf of Oman, more like that Intel special map they introduced in BF2 v1.4. I do hope they have a snowy map lined up for us. I do really like the snowy BC2 missions and maps, just look that much more awesome.
    Never played BC2 enough to remember map names, but the rush map with snow and the oil pipelines was terrible... So many snipers

AMD 1055T @ 3.5ghz
    8gb 1600mhz
    1920x1080
    Msi 560ti HAWK @ 1000mhz
    Getting 50-60 fps on HIGH

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    There is suppose to be a suprise tomorrow for us beta players, maybe its the caspian boarder map, Daniel Matros Global Battlefield Community Manager at DICE said on battlelog forums that he had a suprise for us tomorrow.
    omg this would be great, it's my day off. 64 players looks like a lot of fun.

To those of you who love this game so far, what do you find that you hate the most/irritate you the most?

Just curious, as most big names are coming off great at the start(if it launches fine), then those small things that annoyed you 1 month ago makes you rage so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy View Post
    To those of you who love this game so far, what do you find that you hate the most/irritate you the most?

Just curious, as most big names are coming off great at the start(if it launches fine), then those small things that annoyed you 1 month ago makes you rage so hard.
    How even unskilled people can kill you. And I mean like a dude who is 3/27 in KDR and has the lowest team score in the game. That dude can kill you because bullets hurt just that much. I mean it's awesome and I love it because if you're accurate you destroy people but damnit if the dude scared to death crawling in the bushes doesn't cap you in two shots out of his 10.

As of right now, connectivity in and to servers are effed. Not for everyone but it's not just me.

The lack of various classes being played. Right now, everyone and their mom is playing assault but not for teamwork. No one defibs, medpacks are dropped on themselves rather than on actual people who are hurt*.

The lack of people concerned with the objectives. "Hey, 3/4 of my team, keep staying back on those rocks sniping while the effing charge is beeping that will be the way to victory!"

*obviously not everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post
    TotalBiscuit's WTF video is processing and should be available shortly so that you can all talk about how much you hate him.

Hmm.

This is why I'm going to skip the beta and wait for the final, completed product. With the amount of hype, I will have zero tolerance for let-downs.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account

One thing that´s really annoying is that in the first part of metro outside there are many places where if you prone you can actually go under the map and you can get stuck if you prone at the wrong place, hope they fix this fast.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    One thing that´s really annoying is that in the first part of metro outside there are many places where if you prone you can actually go under the map and you can get stuck if you prone at the wrong place, hope they fix this fast.
    Well yes, I assume this is why they have a beta. Or could be marketing..hrmmppf..

I've watched alot of streams today, and I too has noticed people die easy. However, my initial reaction was that this was a good thing. You had to be tactical about your movement, having suppressive fire and cover being a real benefit. I do think this might be illogical, considering how open the current rush sites are?

What are your thoughts? Bump up the health/lower damage, and make the current damage/health hardmode?

I also seem to notice alot of the guns don't really look like they have alot of recoil. Is that the same feel you have in-game?

What are your thoughts? Bump up the health/lower damage, and make the current damage/health hardmode?

I also seem to notice alot of the guns don't really look like they have alot of recoil. Is that the same feel you have in-game?
    I think health and damage are fine. They are going for a more realistic feel so it fits well. You just have to move carefully and use cover and cover fire. Map awareness plays a huge role and you can legitimately flank with some decent people playing together.

As far as recoil.... I see recoil and it varies per weapon. The m4/m16 are designed to have low recoil and the game capitalizes that but if you go full auto the gun bounces around, especially at longer ranges. As far as the AK varieties, they have upward and sporadic recoil you have to fight some if you decide to open a can. I personally shoot 2-3 rounds per "trigger squeeze" and go full auto only when in CQC. I haven;t tried the other types you unlock yet, I stick with the vanilla starter joints. The shotgun hurts really really bad, even at a decent range. The weapons don't feel that much different than MOH or BFBC2 so if you have played them, then you will not have any issues with how they feel now.

I find the game to be extremely frustrating because you die so fast. Most of the time you don't even have an idea where or what hit you, you don't see the enemy, you don't hear any shots, just instant death out of nowhere. It's really very much like MOH and I absolutely hated that game for the very same reason.
    You can notice the same thing in TBs video.

So i never actually got a key, never from my email had to wait to get on chat for someone(just took like 3 hours) to finally get one

I let "chris" know how disappointed i am in EA

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I find the game to be extremely frustrating because you die so fast. Most of the time you don't even have an idea where or what hit you, you don't see the enemy, you don't hear any shots, just instant death out of nowhere. It's really very much like MOH and I absolutely hated that game for the very same reason.
    You can notice the same thing in TBs video.
    Ehh, I wouldn't consider TotalBiscuit to be anything special at video games. People like him for his personality

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    So i never actually got a key, never from my email had to wait to get on chat for someone(just took like 3 hours) to finally get one
    I let "chris" know how disappointed i am in EA
    My EA account was hacked earlier with my e-mail, the phone guy was named Chris too >_>

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Ehh, I wouldn't consider TotalBiscuit to be anything special at video games. People like him for his personality

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 10:39 PM ----------

My EA account was hacked earlier with my e-mail, the phone guy was named Chris too >_>
    EA only hires people named Chris!

10+ Year Old Account

Caspian Border Multiplayer Gameplay brand new video!

Holy shit the sound of those jets flying over is so fkn nice!
    Last edited by Torched; 2011-09-28 at 02:57 AM.
    -The Acts of Pilate.