Quote Originally Posted by iplaytokill View Post
    So anyone playing single player with a gtx 560 ti frozr II on ultra? If yes, pls give me some good news
    No, but i am playing it on a Gigabyte 470GTX Super OC. Everything maxed out in both single and multiplayer and i have 0 lag/spikes. Brilliant game and well coded engine.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I think Q is the spotting key.
    definitely changed my key to 'F' then, 'Q' is knife now

but yea, spotting doesn't do anything when i look at tank / infantry :/ - i'll play with it again when i get home, i was more concerned to just actually play last night

Also, BF:BC2 was just 'melee' and you auto-knifed, is BF3 different? do you have to pull out knife then attack with mouse-1 or something?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    definitely changed my key to 'F' then, 'Q' is knife now

but yea, spotting doesn't do anything when i look at tank / infantry :/ - i'll play with it again when i get home, i was more concerned to just actually play last night

Also, BF:BC2 was just 'melee' and you auto-knifed, is BF3 different? do you have to pull out knife then attack with mouse-1 or something?
    They removed the insta knife thingy because it was way too OP, now you have to plan it because you do have to wait for the knife to be pulled out + the animation, which is pretty cool btw. The spotting was also changed because it was too easy using the spot thingy even when you couldnt really see the targets, remember you could just target a bush or a tree and then boom - orange highlight if an enemy was hiding there. Now you actualy have to see the target before you can "SPOT" and not just spamming Q.

my knife key is standard settings - F

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

The knifing idea is good, they just need to get all the bugs out of it. I have always hated the recent addition of "press this button to do an instant 1 shot melee kill" in FPS games. BF3 is going in the right direction with having to be behind them, and not making in a 1 second insta kill but its still kind of buggy. I am just glad you cant be face to face with a guy and the knife killing the guy before the shotgun does.

Well your playing console and the console maps are 75% size and Pc is 100%.
    Caspian border, Kargh Island, Firestorm are as big or bigger then Bf2 maps, and remember Back to Karkand is coming out and that´s 4 Bf2 maps and there all huge.
    They dont feel bigger than bf2 maps, mind you i played the bf2 console version, id love to have some of those back, and i just wish conquest encompassed the whole maps, pretty stupid to not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    They dont feel bigger than bf2 maps, mind you i played the bf2 console version, id love to have some of those back, and i just wish conquest encompassed the whole maps, pretty stupid to not do that.
    If anything give us the damn Base Jump on DP!!!! That's all I want!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Remember that the flight edges are basically equivalent to the the hard edges of BF2 maps. There insn't all that big of a difference to those in BF3

Wut? Console?

Deleted
    gr, anyone else have the problem that quick match doesnt work? when i click quick match it just sticks on "matchmaking" for ever.
    i had the problem before, but now its back :\

Grrrr....trying to fly a helicopter or a jet without getting blown out of the sky In 10 seconds Is hard. I've only unlocked flares for the scout helicopters, only because the guy I was shooting at was terrible at flying. EVERYONE should've started out with flares In the first place. What was DICE thinking!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you not confusing Bf2 with bad company 2? since Bf2 only came out on Pc not on any console.

Edit: your talking about Battlefield 2 Modern combat?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

So..... how about them mortars?

But on a different note, I'm still enjoying this game a ton, but do find it a bit ridiculous how you just cannot attack certain maps and win it seems.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    So..... how about them mortars?

But on a different note, I'm still enjoying this game a ton, but do find it a bit ridiculous how you just cannot attack certain maps and win it seems.
    Mortars...... uhhggg

I got to sneak around behind two mortar guys yesterday... stab animation doesn't work on them - I had to shoot them /sadface.

And about winning and losing maps. I know that's the point and I try hard for that Double You but in the end, I actually don't even care about a loss. I'm topping charts and doing my best as a squad member. I have been on a team that completely steamrolled everyone though and that wasn't as fun in my opinion.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mortars just need to be counter mortared for a one hit kill. just monitor the map.

Well I think the Battlefield series has always been the only series where I never cared about how many times I got killed, as long as my team won.
    While that's also the case in BF3, I do find myself raging when I get mortared 5 times in a row or sniped the second I get over a hill.

But I guess that just goes with a Battlefield game.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    My Thoughts after last night (the parts I didn't like)
    -Too many flippin' graphics. It's like sensory overload. I'll get used to it...but damn.
    -I can't spot people / vehicles. Maybe I was doing something critically wrong, but I never could. Wasn't playing on a hardcore server
    -They whacked up the classes. I never played BF2 so maybe they're the same, I'm just used to BF:BC2's Assault, Medic, Engineer, Recon. Seems like they switched the Assault and Medic weapons and called them Support and Assault, respectively
    -Sensory Overload
    -Couldn't spawn on my squad. Ever.
    -Shitty map. Minimap resets zoom level when you die, and "Full Map" is a bull-crap term, it just makes your minimap big. That's not the full map. Also the minimap rotates with you, I hate that.

We had trouble with joining anything as a party, the battlelog voice chat, party chat, and pretty much everything party-related, but whatever, hopefully that will be fixed soon.

I'm confused as to why there are M1911, M1911 Tactical, and M1911 Suppressed. Shouldn't Tactical and Suppressed be accessories to the M1911, not separate guns entirely?
    There are no pistol accessories, to answer that one fast. :P So they come as separate guns entirely.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    Yeah, I enjoy Grand Bazaar quite a bit because its a pretty balanced map.......just need to know when to push left or right. I dont find it visually stimulating like the others, probably the ugliest map (besides Canals of course..........god that map just looks poopy). I still think this game would be 10x more fun with a RL friend (or somebody with me on mumble) working together. I just find it hard to join a game with friends (most of the time its full), and somehow manage to get in the same squad, while trying to communicate through in-game chat (since most ppl ignore that).
    I will message you our mumble details next time you're on battle log and im there. My friends tend to play in the evening GMT 7 onwards.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Are you not confusing Bf2 with bad company 2? since Bf2 only came out on Pc not on any console.

Yeah BF2 was on PS2. :P Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, I played it a few times, wasnt the same. (oh dear)

PS2 lived breathed and died with SOCOM 2, one of my favourite games ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Mortars just need to be counter mortared for a one hit kill. just monitor the map.
    thats what i was doing earlier, had my mortar set up but was just watching map for enemy mortars then getting them

some guy on my team got like 32-0 with a mortar on sienne crossing though, i ended up on like 15-3 with my first time on mortar :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't suppressors stop mortars from being able to find you?

Deleted
    So it's been a while since I bought Battlefield 3. The first day I got it installed and everything went fine until the game suddenly froze and I was forced to shut down the computer without closing the game first. When I got it started again and tried to launch the game I kept getting the error "We're sorry, an error has occourred. There's a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game". So I tried reinstalling both the game and Origin at least 10 times, running repair, updating all programs, turning off firewalls, scanning for malware/viruses and everything.
    I tried to contact EA support but they seem to be too busy to answer and it's been several days since I contacted them so I thought I would try my luck in here... So does anyone know what possibly could be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post

Yes that would be the BF2 for consoles..