So yeah just got the irnv for the ak47 and it turned me into the most accurate sniper/runner ever. Killed a guy who hopped out of the vehicle before it exploded and the smoke protected me but I saw him easily. If they want to balance it they need to take a look at cod, that irnv has insane recoil plus it has a slight lag effect. Not going to lie I hope they leave it alone because its going to make leveling my assault class insanely easy now.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im sorry i played BF2 long before i ever played COD and i never helped with the objectives. I always went for kills above all else. This arguement is invalid.

Iv only played a bit of tha awful singleplayer and all iv played is US, yes you play other militarys in Multiplayer but i dont see why that matters. Im just not a fan of extending out the ranks to add the illusion of more playability. They should have kept the BF2 system where not only could you NOT hit max rank in under a week, but there was no arbitrary middle ranks between actuall ranks to help draw out game play. The rank system has been a problem since bc1 came out where you could hit max rank in almost a few days, im sorry if i bitch about that but its just stupid. Also i complain about this game because despite the massive amount of hype this game has alot of things wrong with it, and yes i will stop playing it come tuesday so dont suggest that.
    I'll ask you again -

Would you feel better if they had only 27 ranks (according to each individual rank of the USMC enlisted/commission) and then had prestige where you do it all over again but gain a star for each prestige?

And you do know, no one has hit max level legitimately yet. There is 145 ranks. In MW2 there was 700 ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    So yeah just got the irnv for the ak47 and it turned me into the most accurate sniper/runner ever. Killed a guy who hopped out of the vehicle before it exploded and the smoke protected me but I saw him easily. If they want to balance it they need to take a look at cod, that irnv has insane recoil plus it has a slight lag effect. Not going to lie I hope they leave it alone because its going to make leveling my assault class insanely easy now.
    The IRNV is actually pretty BS and I have been saying that and using it since I unlocked it. It gives you a tactical advantage akin to say... texture hacking. It eliminates stillness and camouflage, which are two huge elements in BF3. And the reply to it needing a nerf was "It ADS's slower than most sites and scopes"... OK. That .2 second faster red dot will not save you, nor give you the insane benefit of making enemies stand out like glowing lights.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2011-11-06 at 09:37 PM.

I don't really get the don't kill the opposition just go to the objective. The goal is to get the objective not see how many bodies you can pile up at the objective. That requires slowly moving in and taking out the opposition. Sure you can rush in and might get lucky but that doesn't work all the time and its ultimately not helping your team. Also people have been driving off in empty vehicles/crashing jets/ignoring objectives since bf 1942 so if you expect it to stop now you have never played a bf game before in your life.

Only thing that's going to happen when mw3 comes out is a drop in full servers.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290

I'll ask you again -

Would you feel better if they had only 27 ranks (according to each individual rank of the USMC enlisted/commission) and then had prestige where you do it all over again but gain a star for each prestige?

And you do know, no one has hit max level legitimately yet. There is 145 ranks. In MW2 there was 700 ranks.
    Yes i would have, it took me 6 months or so of non stop grinding to hit major on bf2 mc and this was with me playing for around 6+ each sitting getting massive killstreaks with tanks and such. Id rather it take that long to hit the higher up ranks than how it is. And iv only seen colonel rank so far and when i went and actually looked up the final ranks i facepalmed.

http://www.battlefield3gamer.com/battlefield3ranks.htm

you have got to be fucking kidding me, 50 ranks of colonel with little color variations and an extra star? this is by far one of the worst set up rank systems iv ever seen. They had no imagination, no inginuity, "hey guys i cant think of shit to make the last 50 ranks so lets keep it the same with only a little different colors and some extra stars." Sorry but this is a failure of a rank system, But dont feel bad lots of games now adays have shit rank systems. Gone are the days of the good and ballanced ones where you worked for a week or more on one rank, that had to go because people complained. And im not to fond of the COD rank system either, though prestige does add a bit more to it once you hit max rank, i still think max rank should be something thats almost unreachable except to very few .

There is 145 ranks
    only 100.

Yes i would have, it took me 6 months or so of non stop grinding to hit major on bf2 mc and this was with me playing for around 6+ each sitting getting massive killstreaks with tanks and such. Id rather it take that long to hit the higher up ranks than how it is. And iv only seen colonel rank so far and when i went and actually looked up the final ranks i facepalmed.

http://www.battlefield3gamer.com/battlefield3ranks.htm

you have got to be fucking kidding me, 50 ranks of colonel with little color variations and an extra star? this is by far one of the worst set up rank systems iv ever seen. They had no imagination, no inginuity, "hey guys i cant think of shit to make the last 50 ranks so lets keep it the same with only a little different colors and some extra stars." Sorry but this is a failure of a rank system, But dont feel bad lots of games now adays have shit rank systems. Gone are the days of the good and ballanced ones where you worked for a week or more on one rank, that had to go because people complained. And im not to fond of the COD rank system either, though prestige does add a bit more to it once you hit max rank, i still think max rank should be something thats almost unreachable except to very few .

only 100.
    Well just complain then lol, idfk.

As for the 100 ranks, I saw a dude who was rank 145 - obvious rank hack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Never really been a fan of the NGT guys but this dude is on the dot, 100% accurate on the state of the game is right now
    i agree with the guy in the video. but he was basically saying that people that just want to run around and not bother with objectives, those are the people that typically would enjoy CoD more, as that is basically what the purpose of that game is.

but with that said, if Dice did add that CoD style gameplay type then it probably would make BF more appealing to more players.

There are 45 ranks, the rest are "prestige" ranks like in COD (except you get to keep your weapons).

Most of the leveling in this game is done through classes and weapons, not rank. It takes a very long time to max out every class, vehicle, and weapon.

only 100.
    COLONEL SERVICE STAR 87 RANK 132

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ats/294811471/

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    The flashlights are a minor, they really don't bother me. For the enemy to have a flashlight out they need to have their pistol out and if you have an automatic weapon you can't really loose. They are however in my opinion too bright for the outside.
    Eh what? Loads of weapons have tactical flashlights, not just pistols. They needs to be affected by the amount of ambient light and distance from target: Dark tunnel with no lights and the enemy is right in front of you, blinding. Bright summer day and the enemy is 50m away, no effect whatsoever.

God the Javelin Is useless. Not enough dmg, only 4 rounds with explosives perk(waste of perk), and It only shoots up into the air If its laser designated.
    The RPG, SMAW get 10 rounds with the explosives perk, and only slight slight less dmg than the Javelin.
    I don't count on recon to actually aid me In killing air targets with the Javelin with their laser designator because they never do shit to contribute to the team.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2011-11-06 at 11:21 PM.

Yeah there is 145 ranks, once you hit 45, after that you get a service star up to 100 times, thus 145 ranks.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Not just the names of ranks but the way they look, there is no private 1 star, 2 star, 3 star in any US military. There is also an entire NCO rank that does not exist thats in this game, its a bit stupid IMO. Wouldnt have been hard to make a real rank system.
    Not that it matters all that much, but all of the NCO ranks are real marine corps NCO ranks. None of them are "made up". Unless you are counting the extra star ranks.
    Last edited by Tstr88; 2011-11-07 at 12:28 AM.

Loving the game so far, as it should be pretty easy to tell from my signature.

What they need is a two person plane where the main guy flys the plane and the other can bomb targets. This would make air superiority matter. Can't count the times I see only my teams planes in the air doing circles while waiting.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290

Deleted
    The one thing that really bothers me is people always whining about some absolute balance. Let's face it guys, some good defensive positions can be pretty unfair to attackers (no shit sherlock). It's not supposed to be "balanced". Most likely the reason the fortress was made there was not to make it easy to attack.

That said, in most maps that are "unbalanced" there are vehicles that can overcome the unbalanced positions with skill. Also in rush maps there are spots that favour the attacker and spots that favour the defender. Sure, it suck to be stuck in a bottleneck, but you are just as many times on the better side of that bottleneck as you are on the losing side.

Also, any of you people whining about operation metro ever bother to rush the stairs as a team or are you all just camping downstairs hopint to catch a glimpse of someone's feet / trying to get as many frags as possible with explosives instead of actually capturing the point ahead? And how many of you actually bothered to use smoke grenades that actually can turn very unfavourable spots to perfectly balanced. But no, most of you never take smoke grenades because it doesn't make you look good. So hard to take one for the team, eh?

I love the game there are some flaws, but none so big they would overshadow my enjoyment.

the only 'legit' gripe, I have, and im shocked ive not seen it more. is Metro on conquest... one team always gets the shitty end. and essentially.. 'loses the game' (its the same as the 3rd set of rush points basically. by the escalators into the ticket booths... so you end up fighting an uphill battle.. to try and GET to the mid point. very easy for good defenders to pin you in. other then that! cant think of much really :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Eh what? Loads of weapons have tactical flashlights, not just pistols. They needs to be affected by the amount of ambient light and distance from target: Dark tunnel with no lights and the enemy is right in front of you, blinding. Bright summer day and the enemy is 50m away, no effect whatsoever.
    Oh really? my mistake i guess its only Recon then that only get it on pistols. Completely agree with you by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Oh really? my mistake i guess its only Recon then that only get it on pistols. Completely agree with you by the way.
    You can unlock the flashlight and red LAZERS! pistols for any class, and for almost any pistol. You can also unlock the flashlight and red laser for almost all weapons... I have yet to encounter a main weapon you couldn't unlock them for, including sniper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You can unlock the flashlight and red LAZERS! pistols for any class, and for almost any pistol. You can also unlock the flashlight and red laser for almost all weapons... I have yet to encounter a main weapon you couldn't unlock them for, including sniper rifles.
    Oh god your right i never noticed that /facepalm, thats quite stupid.

What's with ranking up, 44 to 45 requires 80k points, 45 to 46 is 230k.
    It doesn't even give any reward, and I saw many ppl over 50, I'm starting to think the cheaters percentage is pretty high :|
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.