10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    So I see guns have been tweaked a bit since I last played (pre-patch). Which are the best guns per kit (Medic, Support, Engineer, Recon) in your opinion? Include attachments if you like!
    I rarely play anything but Assault, so my weapon choice is M416 with Cobra scope and suppressor. When I do play sniper it's L96, usually with the standard scope. Longest headshot is at 1837 meters, I was very lucky with that shot.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

battlefield 3

hello everyone i recently built a new rig i5 2500k with a gtx 560 ti 2gb. was just wondering does anyone play BF3 on a regular basis? at ultra settings with the same vid card? if so how does it handle it at 1920x1080. even if you dont play an you have a general idea on how my system would handle it with my vid card plz lemme know as im wanting to purchase this an play it at a good qaulity level

Deleted
    It will handle it perfectly fine on high.

im rockin i5 2500k and 560ti 1gb running maxxed no issues

edit: also running 1920x1080 too
    Last edited by Shyguyy; 2012-05-27 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I rarely play anything but Assault, so my weapon choice is M416 with Cobra scope and suppressor. When I do play sniper it's L96, usually with the standard scope. Longest headshot is at 1837 meters, I was very lucky with that shot.

battlefield 3 isn't worth playing atm.. everything they did last patch pretty much destroyed the gameplay....

tanks made of paper, defense gadgets that fail more often then not...and overblown suppression effect... basically for small maps, like bazaar, seine etc just grab a shot gun...

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    battlefield 3 isn't worth playing atm.. everything they did last patch pretty much destroyed the gameplay....

tanks made of paper, defense gadgets that fail more often then not...and overblown suppression effect... basically for small maps, like bazaar, seine etc just grab a shot gun...
    They will reduce suppression effect. Anything else is fine.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post

Haven't played BF3 in a while due to school and Diablo 3, I did play some yesterday and I absolutely destroyed the other teams. I didn't notice that anything they updated destroyed the gameplay at all. Although, I only did play Metro over and over, so no vehicles.

Never got suppressed either, but that may just be because of the badness of my enemies. ^.^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Right that's it. I'm more disapointed with EA than I ever was with Blizzard.. and I think that says A LOT. However the premium can go suck my **** so fucking lame.. I get the map package earlier and that it's okay. But that they get other vechiles and such is just HORRIBLE... I can get weapon too, but tanks and jets? ... Oh my f****** god..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Yep, they pulled another classic EA with this premium shit.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Wow....I didn't know you get FUCKING VEHICLES! My god. This is way worse than that COD premium thing. Some people are too stupid to understand that this isn't ok.
    It's ok to pay twice for B2K(if you bought limited edition)? It's ok to get EXCLUSIVE VEHICLES AND WEAPONS IN A GAME WHERE VEHICLES AND WEAPONS MAKE A DIFFERENCE? I would be ok with cosmetic skins or something, but actual weapons and vehicles!?!
    Christ people, you don't even know what the hell Aftermath and Endgame are and what they offer but yet you still buy them! Who knows, you probably will quit BF3 to play planetside 2 or something before those come out.
    BF3 premium is just one massive preorder. A preorder with the most offensive exclusives that I have ever seen.

Bash this post all you want, but if you bought premium me and EA are laughing our asses off at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to sound a little rude here and I apologize but, cry more? Seriously, every post I see is about how bad Premium is, yes it's just EA trying to get more money but they're a company and I don't see how this is a bad deal at all, your getting all upcoming DLC, a ton of new weapons, dog tags, outfits (or w/e they call them), assignments, vehicles and you get the DLC 2 weeks early AND your saving at least $20. So tell me, what part of that is a "bad deal"? I'm starting to think that the people saying it's bad are just jelly that they can't afford it.
    Last edited by Byrogan; 2012-06-05 at 01:29 PM.

How the hell are people gonna use the other vehicles against you if you don't own the map pack they're using them on?

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I'm going to sound a little rude here and I apologize but, cry more? Seriously, every post I see is about how bad Premium is, yes it's just EA trying to get more money but they're a company and I don't see how this is a bad deal at all, your getting all upcoming DLC, a ton of new weapons, dog tags, outfits (or w/e they call them), assignments, vehicles and you get the DLC 2 weeks early AND your saving at least $20. So tell me, what part of that is "bad deal"? I'm starting to think that the people saying it's bad are just jelly that they can't afford it.
    This. I was planning on getting the DLC anyway, so for me it's a good deal. I save money and get some extra stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I'm going to sound a little rude here and I apologize but, cry more? Seriously, every post I see is about how bad Premium is, yes it's just EA trying to get more money but they're a company and I don't see how this is a bad deal at all, your getting all upcoming DLC, a ton of new weapons, dog tags, outfits (or w/e they call them), assignments, vehicles and you get the DLC 2 weeks early AND your saving at least $20. So tell me, what part of that is a "bad deal"? I'm starting to think that the people saying it's bad are just jelly that they can't afford it.
    Edit: now that I think about it, 4 more DLC's ~$20 each, you are saving ~$20. If not more.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-06-05 at 01:43 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Does each DLC, like close quarters, cost 20$? Damn, that's alot, almost half of what I paid for the game in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Does each DLC, like close quarters, cost 20$? Damn, that's alot, almost half of what I paid for the game in the first place.
    They haven't said, but considering how CQ is the smallest DLC, I would assume they would all be the same price if not more.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

15+ Year Old Account
    only thing im like WTF about, is this premium offers the back to karkand pack as well, But i already have that with my pre-order, so would i be getting 2 copies of the same expansion? thats kind of weird..

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    only thing im like WTF about, is this premium offers the back to karkand pack as well, But i already have that with my pre-order, so would i be getting 2 copies of the same expansion? thats kind of weird..
    It's for the newcomers that didn't get it with the pre-order or bought it afterwards already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's for the newcomers that didn't get it with the pre-order or bought it afterwards already.
    i understand that, i just wish i could remove it from the purchase, but looks like they wont allow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please let us be able to fly C130s, it will be the baws seriously. Can't wait though, Close Quarters are nice and all but Armoured Kill will be more fun imho.

That said I wish they had 10 more maps or infact 10 more of everything in the new DLCs :3
    -K

Could someone outline or provide a link to what one gets right now if they subscribe to the Premium service right now. I understand that future DLC's are included, as well as early DLC access and some Battlelog features. But are additional weapons, appearances, and vehicles unlocked immediately? If so is there a list of those items somewhere?