hardcore is easy mode
    really
    all you have to do is just run with op weps like bolt action or shotgun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    hardcore is easy mode
    really
    Goes both ways, you die quickly if you run around thinking you're invincible because the opponent dies in a few shots.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Goes both ways, you die quickly if you run around thinking you're invincible because the opponent dies in a few shots.
    i guess
    but i tend to run and gun on normal so i die quickly anyway ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess
    but i tend to run and gun on normal so i die quickly anyway ;p
    Hehe ^^

If you don't mind me asking, what attachments do you usually run with when you play with the P90? I checked your sig and noticed that you have over 1k kills with it. I really enjoyed using the P90 in MW2 but for some reason (haven't used it in forever) I didn't really like it in BF3. I think it may have been because of its default scope. I know guns don't act the same way in different games since they're not acting as in reality 100%, but I'm just curious about what you roll with it
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

kobra, silencer and/or lazor (not sure if you can use both)
    its very cqc focused setup as im playin on ziba all the time ^^

yeah scopes on NATO weps sucks and it takes a while to unlock russian optics
    only reflex is decent but blocks too much screen compared to kobra (which i use on all weapons)

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, thanks for letting me know It'll probably be a pain unlocking the kobra scope, but hopefully it'll be worth it!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

hardcore is easy mode
    really
    I'd have to disagree there. As Badhairday said above it goes both ways plus the other handicaps such as no 3D spotting, kill cam (so you know where a pesky camper is), friendly fire, health doesn't regenerate unless near a med pack or engineer repairs your vehicle so you can be running around with a grey screen for a while, sometimes a 2 meter drop will count as suicide >.< etc.

Also I hate using shotguns and when I go recon I usually play as a forward person, sneaking around with my AS VAL and putting radio beacons for my squadies to spawn off of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Also I hate using shotguns and when I go recon I usually play as a forward person, sneaking around with my AS VAL and putting radio beacons for my squadies to spawn off of.
    I'd love it if more recon played like this!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I'd love it if more recon played like this!
    i do
    my main wep for recon is m417 lazor and obligatory kobra

I'd have to disagree there. As Badhairday said above it goes both ways plus the other handicaps such as no 3D spotting, kill cam (so you know where a pesky camper is), friendly fire, health doesn't regenerate unless near a med pack or engineer repairs your vehicle so you can be running around with a grey screen for a while, sometimes a 2 meter drop will count as suicide >.< etc.
    yes but game balance is broken
    on normal g3a3 high dmg per shot is compensated by low ammo capacity and rate of fire
    on hardcore it doesnt matter because you can kill in 1 headshot or 2 chest shots and 3 shot past 30m and even at 90m on normal at 90m you need 5 shots (theoretically ammo allows you to kill 20ppl while on normal 6, below 20m), low rate of fire also is neglected because ppl die so fast its not about how fast wep can shoot but who shoot 1st

when I go recon I usually play as a forward person, sneaking around with my AS VAL and putting radio beacons for my squadies to spawn off of
    put lazor and kobra or iron sights on any bolt action and you have rail gun there is no need to stay back as recon because your wepon is 1 chest shot kill below 100m (with the exception of sv98)

obviously play whatever you want ;p
    im just pointing out why i dislike hardcore
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-04-04 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i do
    my main wep for recon is m417 lazor and obligatory kobra
    I was thinking more about creeping around and putting up spawn beacons in good places, but if you do that too then sweet!

NOTHING annoys me more in this game than people who do not use their extra stuff. Being on a losing team in a round where if you die, you see people rolling assault that doesn't even try to revive you (while being really close and the area is somewhat safe).. all of my rage. >.<
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

BF4 will be unreal, looks amazing! what's your guys thoughts!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EFX View Post
    BF4 will be unreal, looks amazing! what's your guys thoughts!
    That 17min video of gameplay looks amazing. The environmental details are incredible, but what amazed me the most was how you could tap the weapon to the side to use the default scope. Simple but awesome! Imo BF3 is a great game, and I can't think of much to improve upon, so I'll probably get excited about anything that they come up with Sadly I only really play with 1 friend, and he moved across the world, but it looks like he'll be back in time for BF4. IT'S OOOOOOOOOON!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo BF3 is a great game, and I can't think of much to improve upon
    Class balance imo, so we don't end up with medics vs medics again
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, fair enough. Engineer don't have much to do in close combat apart from spamming RPGs with a support guy next to them, too. I guess they could expand upon the creative use of utility for each class.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I wish BF4 was a jump ahead like the other games. BF2 was an incredible upgrade to BF1942. And BF3 blew everything else away before it (if not in balance, or gameplay, at least in graphics). BF4 feels more like BF3.5 instead of a brand new step in the BF ladder. They should have come out with more branch-offs like BF2143 or BF:BC3.
    I'm still thinking about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlefield 2: Special Forces.. Revisited! Now with Frostbite 2. Now that would be amazing
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Class balance imo, so we don't end up with medics vs medics again
    Could just be me but I always thought revive was a bit OP, should be like 50% chance to revive and come back at low health and limited to once per death. Head shot kills should be exempt from revives.

Getting shot in the head with an M98B wouldn't leave much left to revive lol.

And yes Finear, sometimes I find HC is populated with way too many bolt action snipers but you tend to notice the team with most of them tend to lose because they're too busy in the hills / buildings instead of capping bases. Been a few cases where I can get next to no kills but be MVP doing what wins matches: capping bases and reviving.

I'd kill for another BF 2142 with Frostbite 3...

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing i would want to see revisited would be the map Ghost Town from BF2 but at night.

And yes Finear, sometimes I find HC is populated with way too many bolt action snipers but you tend to notice the team with most of them tend to lose because they're too busy in the hills / buildings instead of capping bases. Been a few cases where I can get next to no kills but be MVP doing what wins matches: capping bases and reviving.
    yeah but it is common on normal to ;p

as for bf4
    im expecting more and better
    but i would love to see more focus on CQC maps, rework of attachments system (i already have acog for m16 why do i need to unlock it again for m416 if both use RIS rail...) and maybe more class diversity, give me a reason to play recon instead of medic