Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Every healer should rejoice because of this. The problem with bad tanks isn't that they require more healing, it's that dps overaggro too easily (even while holding back) and THEY require more healing.
    I think you are missing the point of the change. The idea is so that in the future they will move the tanking model to more like the DK active mitigation style, where the tanks skill will determine how much or how little damage they take.

Try healing some DKs that don't know how/when to DS and you will get the idea. Bad tanks will require more healing once this change has been finished, read the watercooler blog to see where it is heading.

I haven't healed since before the change, but as a dpser I still have mobs running around smacking healers and dps who haven't hit them yet.

Honestly I think they made it too easy now. I play as a Hunter and a Rogue *sure I got oh shit buttons to instantly lose aggro but still* and I firmly believe that if a *insert any dps class here* cant simply target the tanks target they deserve their chance to *tank* that mob while the tank is busy with the rest.

I also play a Resto Shaman, and from his point of view if one dps kept pulling agro like a tard I just stopped healing him and focus'd on keeping the tank and the smart player's alive instead of letting the whole group be at a constant risk of wiping.

Point being don't take the fun out of watching the nooblet's get squished for my mild entertainment for the day
    •"Meh" is an interjection, often used to show a feeling of "whateverness" or possible boredom. However, it can also be used to indicate agreement or disagreement. It can also be an adjective, meaning mediocre or boring."

Meh...

Maybe i'm misunderstanding. Healers didn't get a threat increase. Its only tanks.

Threat
    Threat generation for all tanks has been increased to 500%, up from 300%. This applies to warriors in Defensive Stance, death knights in Blood Presence, druids in Bear Form, and paladins with Righteous Fury.
    Still on the front page. If even bad tanks can put out decent threat how does this hurt them?

If the question is it disappointing that healers can focus more on the tank since he will have all the aggro? Meh that seems personal. When I heal I like when a single target takes damage but that single target damage is at the limit or close to of what I can handle. I love pumping huge numbers into a target. Then again I know people who like seeing if they can keep up a 5 man group where the tank is afk at the wheel and everyone else is taking.

Healed a random ZA last night and the tank was pulling 80/90k TPS on bosses.
    But to be honest, doesn't make any difference to me, unless I'm DPS'ing.

Deleted
    As a healer the last thing that concerns me about a pug tank is threat, it was the least important before, and it's just as unimportant now.

I don't think that there are suddenly going to be 108371203 more badly geared pug tanks, I don't think low threat was what was preventing them from tanking in the first place.

healers have already been trying to adjust to healing bad "tanks" when that new satchel went into the game. when i decide to tank for pugs, there is rarely a satchel up for heroics anymore, only for the Z instances. when i pug non-Z heroics on my dps or healer toons, more often than not (I'd guess 75% off the top of my head), the "tank" is in mostly resilience gear, some random tanking blues, and absolutely zero tank gems/enchants/reforges. i feel really bad for the healers who get stuck with those types of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guys just trolling for people that want to complain. He said so himself.

Since Healers should primarily be focusing on Tank Heals while DPS avoids damage, the fact that mobs will be on the Tanks more makes it a non-issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by speakpkhq View Post
    healers have already been trying to adjust to healing bad "tanks" when that new satchel went into the game. when i decide to tank for pugs, there is rarely a satchel up for heroics anymore, only for the Z instances. when i pug non-Z heroics on my dps or healer toons, more often than not (I'd guess 75% off the top of my head), the "tank" is in mostly resilience gear, some random tanking blues, and absolutely zero tank gems/enchants/reforges. i feel really bad for the healers who get stuck with those types of players.
    I've got a blood DK some weeks ago who had the least amount of HP in the group, using frost presence and a mishmash gear for tanking. He tried to convince the dps DK to switch to tanking... He took tons of damage and didn't hold aggro on anything despite tricks. He didn't switch to blood presence despite being asked. First two times nicely, later on with votekick threats. No use. He got killed by the first special attack on the first boss because standing out of the blue pool is hard. I commenced to tank the boss on my rogue, the healer was great. We votekicked the "tank" after the boss was down.
    Well this was a normal TotT, but yeah, some people are incredible. I don't think the threat boost will change a lot for LFD tanks. People like the above DK will not be affected

Deleted
    I don't care, that really doesn't change much.

From my experience as a healer, as long as the tank is properly geared (not wearing pvp gear to dungeons and raids) and know what they are doing, threat doesn't seem to be the issue. I have seen lower geared tanks do well in heroics just by knowing the battles and knowing who they have in the party to make useful decisions in battles.

???????????????????????????????

Why would healers care? I have never seen a healer pull aggro off a mob that the tank has hit. The only times I see a healer pull aggro is if a I taunt a pack of mobs, and he puts a HoT on me or something before I can hit all of them. That's not uncommon, and the threat change won't affect that at all. The HoT will still aggro adds that haven't been hit, and the tank already could regain aggro with one hit. As far as I understand this won;t affect healers at all. It only means my ret paladin and fury warrior can go all out sooner in a fight without worrying.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how the threat change could ever be a bad thing for healers. If anything, it will make healing a lot easier. Of course, that doesn't factor in people being stupid and standing in fire, but less random damage to the DPS is a good thing.

As an atonement disc priest I love it...more time spamming holy fire, smite, smite, smite....well you get the idea.

Even though you did not ask...as a tank I love it. Never had threat issues before, but this makes soloing dungeons much faster since I hit so much harder...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Myridia View Post
    Please tell me why in hell there would be a connection between: threat and gear?

Bad tanks tank bad. This is not affected by threat generation.
    The buff to threat only says that a bad tank can generate more aggro.
    The good tank will overcome the lack of gear/aggro by this buff.
    It's more liek a win-win situation IMO.
    Of course there is a connection, just less of one. For example, if rend a target, then thunderclap. Whether I am good or bad doesn't really matter. The more gear I have, the less likely I will have to tab target around auto hitting every add while doing my rotation. Say a mage is casting Blizzard. Well, maybe with bad gear he pull a random add off me in 3 seconds, but with good gear it might take say 5 seconds. Obviously a good tank is still switching targets and maintaining threat. But even a good tank can get distracted or get a lag spike.

The problem is: The gear requirement is bullshit, why? Because it doesnt count only the equiped items, or if they are all tank items, in my case, i can tank naked a zandalary (queue for it) only because my Ubber healing set is on my bag. Just as an example, i have 376 ilevel, but mu tank gear is 363 only, that other huge amount is thanks to my healing gear. Same happens when unlocking zandalaris and heroics, if u have a mix of items (doesnt care if they are int one for tanks) u, acording to the system, are able to queue on those instances. That should change, some smart gear check should be put on the game to prevent for example, Frost DK dPSs to queue as tanks with FULL DPs gear.

Sorry my bad english, im a little sleepy right now.

As a fury DPS in 378 gear I have noticed a huge difference.. I used to pull threat from most undergeared tanks and I pulled away and let them get aggro back or reduce my rotation.. I ran a couple of troll runs yesterday and stayed under the threat meter for all of the run on 360-365 tank.

Should I take keep salv on my bar for the frost dk or should I take it off and tell him he's bad?

Am I misunderstanding, how does tanks doing more threat affect healers in any way? So now you don't have to heal DPS who pull aggro...?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    As a healer the last thing that concerns me about a pug tank is threat, it was the least important before, and it's just as unimportant now.
    I've only healed a little on my alt. But it was a significant pain before when pug tanks didnt do well with AoE threat or couldnt easily pick up stray adds. In ZG, for example, it was common for mobs in trash packs to break away from the tank and smack healer/dps.