Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Personally, i dont spec into any WoG talents. Its not my job to heal. Its my job to mitigate damage. Which at 102.4% avoidance and a nice rotation of CD's i dont take to much damage even from heroic bosses.

Threat is a complete joke now. 160k TPS with wings and 100k+ for the rest of the fight is pretty stupid. I'm pretty sure even if they did not nerf the threat on Majordomo that I still would be unreachable. Only thing I have to worry about is my threat bar blasting out of the side of omen, out of my screen and destroying my monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    How am I responding?

I put on righteous fury when I dps and make fun of the tank for losing aggro!
    Haha I actually went to Mount Hyjal with a friend on his Resto Druid the other day and logged off with RF on in my Ret spec.
    Next day went to Baradin Hold and the tank held aggro fine till I popped wings and Zealotry and ripped aggro off xD
    Since added /cancelauras into my cd's now :P

I never lose aggro so why should I care? And more people might start tanking. Who cares.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Since you don't understand let alone make any sense I'll explain it to you bluntly, They made the tanking so easy any idiot can do it without trying. Nowhere in my post did I say I couldn't hold threat my post doesn't even for a moment say I had trouble, what it says is blizzard continues to ignore the problem and make changes that weren't needed.
    Since you obviously didn't understand let alone make any sense, I'll explain it to you bluntly.

Holding threat is not part of the difficulty of tanking. Holding threat has always been easy. This change does nothing in terms of tank difficulty. Nothing. It doesn't make it harder or easier. It is still the exact same difficulty.

No actually what you are doing is making assumptions and imo you just made yourself look like a complete ass.
    For what it's worth, I'm fairly certain I AM one. And no, those weren't assumptions. I see all this crying in here "Oh boo hoo! They made tanking easy and for kids!" and yet, they haven't. Merely pointing out how full of shit some people here are. And anyways, making hit/exp useful to tanks isn't the lube job that changing threat was. Thats an overhaul of tanking, and far beyond the scope of the hotfix. AND something they said they want to do already. Ergo, you're complaining that blizzard is ignoring all the "problems" with tanking because they didn't snap their fingers and make it suit your sole vision of what tanking should require.

I'm not talking about a redesign I tend to believe you don't know what I'm talking about so you just posted a bunch of meaningless babble.
    Yea. Actually. You are. For example...

what it says is blizzard continues to ignore the problem and make changes that weren't needed.
    which you define as...

Cata tanking has been made so easy yet they still didn't fix the real issue Hit/Exp being ignored.
    And you cry about...

blizzard continues to ignore the problem and make changes that weren't needed.
    Because Blizzard made a change to threat so overgeared tanks in 5 mans don't have to take off their pants and overgeared DPS can potentially NOT pull threat in 5 mans. Ergo, you're complaining that a small QoL change for 5 mans wasn't a redesign of tanking. Really not getting the source of you hostility and anger against this change. Friend, I have no idea who the hell you are, so I can't be sure, but I'm fairly certain this fix wasn't intended for you, or needed for you, because you're at a level beyond the scope of it. Enjoy the small benefit that poor RNG on a pull won't get your top DPS gibbed.

If you want to discuss all the myriad problems you see with tanking, start a seperate thread please. They are quite far out of the scope of this discussion.

never had threat problems before and not even close now. i dunno why people say pally aoe threat sucks cause if u know adds are coming ( in a pve setting most things are predictible) then plan for it and get 3 HP ready with inqusition and HoR+AS= solid add threat.

this change was probly for bears and warriors who have poor initial threat.

EDIT. NVM ;c

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Pretty much quit because of this change... Threat was the only thing interesting to me as the boss fights (even on heroic) were mostly a fucking joke for tanks and I only had fun trying to keep threat off insanely high DPS.

Pretty sad that they can't design a "fun" fight for tanks... Most of firelands is pretty much tank the adds, tank switch the boss, or stand there. GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to do everything the same, just less of me going "OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP!" when I watch the threat bar after a pull, tank swap, or time warp.

---------- Post added 2011-08-20 at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aralevara View Post
    Pretty much quit because of this change... Threat was the only thing interesting to me as the boss fights (even on heroic) were mostly a fucking joke for tanks and I only had fun trying to keep threat off insanely high DPS.

Pretty sad that they can't design a "fun" fight for tanks... Most of firelands is pretty much tank the adds, tank switch the boss, or stand there. GG.
    ... ummmm no? What else do tanks do beside tank adds/ not stand in stuff. What does anyone REALLY do besides not stand in stuff? Maybe this game just isnt for you...
    Haters gun be hatin'

Nope, I was able to tank fine without any problems I just don't need the need to change how you were tanking before the hotfix.