Arms Warrior Cleave Rotation.

I always struggle in cleave situations not too sure on how to handle them. I know for burst AoE to just pop Warbringer + Bladestorm. But other scenarios confuse me.

For starters if I'm simply cleaving while doing my single target rotation, should I always press Cleave on CD? What if CS procs, does the CS > FR > MS take priority now, cleave buff only last like 3 seconds. Also my friend who is a Mythic Raider says that on two targets he doesn't bother with WW, since the lack of a CS debuff would make Slam do over all more damage. Meanwhile he says on 3 targets (or maybe it was 4) that he just Spams Cleave + WW. Every time I do that crap I do like 0 damage. The Compendium says only to do spam Cleave + WW on like 7 Targets, even then w/o Warbringer my damage is crap.

I do have the Whirlwind belt BTW...hasn't seemed to increase my AoE much at all.

Also for encounter tips, do you guys just Burst AoE the slimes down on Tichrondius with Bladestorm, or focus on Tich while cleaving. And is it ok to be selfish on Botanist and not swap since I normally only get off two abilities before they die and Arms Warriors tend to lose DPS when they swap.

So here's the thing, a lot of guides say "use cleave into ww on 2 targets or more", but honestly, your friend is right.
    Our non-bladestorm aoe is kind of pathetic, and you'll be much more impactful if you continue to single target.
    I'm not saying stay on boss or anything, but you'll honestly do more damage tabbing over to the add and single targetting it down.

For Tich, outside of bladestorm I hang out on the boss.
    For Botanist, I just swap to sweeping strikes and sit on boss. If stupid plant isn't dying for some reason, I'll leap out and smash it, then charge back in.

I should add that I have Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish, so I use supplement my AoE in a lot of cases.
    Last edited by Diggsworth; 2017-02-07 at 10:57 PM. Reason: HOW TO FINISH A POST

Yeah AoE outside of burst is not so great unless it's a huge pack. Having the legendary pants helps since it adds another AoE CS.

Aoe CS (by way of WB or leg-pants) + Cleave + WW + BC is actually pretty good when your BS is on cooldown. Since the BC cooldown is always reduced, i just use either WB or pants for the AOE CS, whichever is up at the time. They usually end up lining up pretty close so i'll wait for them all to be off cooldown. I wouldn't recommend it if you dont have the pants though since it would be better to line up WB with BS. I have the legendary trinket as well which makes this combo pretty ridiculous.

Other than that, I use CS(switch to second target if already applied to first+Cleave+WW on 3+ or 4+ targets depending on the situation(how much hp is left, cooldowns, the next pack, etc). That setup is pretty weak but there is no other way.

It would be nice if warriors had the AoE pack dummies that DHs have in their hall for testing this shit but we are just not special enough.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Yeah AoE outside of burst is not so great unless it's a huge pack. Having the legendary pants helps since it adds another AoE CS.

Aoe CS (by way of WB or leg-pants) + Cleave + WW + BC is actually pretty good when your BS is on cooldown. Since the BC cooldown is always reduced, i just use either WB or pants for the AOE CS, whichever is up at the time. They usually end up lining up pretty close so i'll wait for them all to be off cooldown. I wouldn't recommend it if you dont have the pants though since it would be better to line up WB with BS. I have the legendary trinket as well which makes this combo pretty ridiculous.

Other than that, I use CS(switch to second target if already applied to first+Cleave+WW on 3+ or 4+ targets depending on the situation(how much hp is left, cooldowns, the next pack, etc). That setup is pretty weak but there is no other way.

It would be nice if warriors had the AoE pack dummies that DHs have in their hall for testing this shit but we are just not special enough.
    We do when the chest is up in the hall. /s
    Kidding aside, the pants make a world of difference.
    I'd honestly rather have them than the stoneheart at this point, Tactitican seems to have a hateboner for me last two weeks.

Bladestorm should really just apply CS....-_-. I should not need another CD to make it effective.