Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    I spoke with a guy Yesterday who told me he had played wow for 12 years. LOL.
    Fairly impressive, seing as that is closed alpha plus 2 years.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Meh, I think the game has done nothing but gone down hill ever since the end of BC and start of wrath.

When Blizz decided it was okay to raise the level cap on a raid and call it "new content" and the over-simplicity concept that is taking over.

Of course Ulduar was the only good thing to ever come out of wrath, then it continued to drop and followed on to Cata.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

because not everyone hates cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    You have opened my eyes. I've never seen a thread like this before.

Also you are totally right. I'm pretty sure you never complained in Wrath. It was such a good expansion. None ever complained about it.

Also yes, SWTOR will be perfect, fit everyone's tastes, balanced, and will have free ice cream. I expect it to fix the world.
    I'm not trying to troll, but this might be the best quote in this thread.

+1 Internet points: Shinen.

On topic: ... see my quote by Shinen. I really can't think of a better way to say it -_-

It's not recycling just because the boss has the same name as before. The new rag is nowhere near the old one, the same goes with nefarian and onyxia. Srsly, stop crying.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

Deleted
    Why do so many WoW players assume their opinion is fact? Maybe it's something to do with disassociation from reality after spending too much time in a virtual world.

At the end of the day, this is how the game is. If you do not like it, you know where the door is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because they enjoy it? The only thing I actually have enjoyed more was Ulduar but it's becuase the instance had the best design ever. Appart from that the vast majority of game design is much better quality than anything before. I really can't understand why people don't try to take off their nostalgia glasses and actually evaluate things with at least a bit of objectivity. And no, I don't think Cata is perfect. There are few things I don't like (mostly nerfs) but the general design is great.

Also, I respect the fact that people don't like Cata but why you try to convince people who actually do enjoy it that it's shit, that I cannot understand nor respect.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2011-08-18 at 02:26 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    Some of the negative opinions here did not address any of my points just told me it was my opinion. Yes it IS my opinion and it IS a forum so it is a proper venue to lay out my OPINIONS in a reasonable fashion. By the way, you are completely wrong to assume it is only MY opinion. Cata lost 900k subscriptions and I am sure a good chunk of those left because they did not like Cata(Reason I am saying is because inevitably some people will claim burnout not dissatisfaction with cata).
    I've currently stopped playing because to me it doesn't seem fiscally responsible. I didn't hate it. I just got to the point where time available to play did not seem worth $15/mo (a concept many addicts can't seem to accept). Many people may have quit temporarily. They may have better things to do in the summer. They may have been burnt out after playing for a near full 6 years. 900k subs lost doesn't mean they won't return.

As for people who stick around after unsubbing (quitting implies its more final), if they're like me they like to see where the game goes. The lore's still interesting. And its always nice to follow the threads that don't get derailed by children or lack of inteligence. I may have gone a little off topic, but like I said, you shouldn't feel the need to attack or defend an expansion because it wasn't your's or someone else's cup of tea. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but no one has a right to force their opinion onto others, which is what is attempted in most threads here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Bang Bang - Aww there goes WoW behind a tree. Look fellaz he's bleeding people! Aw they were all faithful money-bags. Bang - Noez there go more from him!!! Some1 save him!

A lone rider comes and shows his face. It's the Developer!
    Developer uses <Cosmetic changer> <3 new dungeons> <1 new raid> <more bank space>

TO BE CONTINUED!

P.S.: Those points are pretty much spot on. I dare say you even missed a few like the linear questing design and reduced leveling time. Don't rage people I'm sure you all complained about something in your life. Lets get of those high heels and look around, we're all people, some like candy more than others, but we all agree on one thing: QUALITY! This expansion lacks that.
    I like quality, and I like Cataclysm. Go figure.

Because I enjoy it.

Just because you dislike it because you can't remove your rose tinted glasses, or all your old friends left the game, doesn't make the game bad. Let alone 'undefendable'.

And it wasn't rushed. Get over yourself. They'd started work on Cataclysm when Wrath was still being developed.

I stopped reading at "4.01 was essentially a alpha/beta test unleashed on Blizzard's customers.".

Cata was one of the smoothest MMO expansion launches I've ever seen. Me and my wife had a blast leveling to 85.

I'm enjoying cata immensely. I loved vanilla, tbc was pretty crap and wrath was kinda ho-hum.
    I like being back in Org, I like the casual approach I can take to the game now, and I really really love the tears falling from the eyes of the cata haters.

Probably because they, personally, have enjoyed the expansion, and because they don't want Blizzard to change it in a way they would dislike.

(This is the mirror image of the criticism of the expansion.)

Given the decline in subs, I think they're going to be facing an uphill battle though.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Oh look, this thread again.

I'm having fun this expansion, personally.
    oh look this post again

glad you having fun , i dont have fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    This guy has obviously never played Super Marioland 1 on the GB.
    That game is second only to I Want to be The Guy. /shudder.

But he's right, the community of WoW has shifted more towards casual/super casual. Wow is no longer a game where you will need to put major effort into obtaining anything but a small percentage of the content, because god forbid I actually had to work for something.

How dare anyone have a different opinion than you and enjoy something that you don't.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    All of this is nothing but your personal opinion. Nothing else, as for the "deathwing who? Ala'kir who? Cho'gall who?", that's your own lack of lore and knowledge, get a move on. Also Firelands is not supposed to hold a candle to ICC, seing as ICC was the last "real" raid of Wotlk, where as Firelands IS NOT the final raid of Cata.
    Not really. Point 2. It all happened, and i don't think there are MANY people who would argue that it was a bad thing they did.

Point 1 is correct. I remember Wrath launch and it was bad, but Cata had so many issues it was unbelieveable.

The rest is all communist QQ. He thinks he is right, but the world just looks on a laughs. Then America invades.

I like WoW, I like Cata. Did I enjoy TBC and wrath more? Maybe so. Do I want to kill all Blizz employees and read far too much in to everything they say, just because of reasons that I can't possibly explain if leaned upon? No.

My problem with deathwing is that I dont wanna kill him like I did the LK. The LK was evil and you could tell it. What did deathwing do? Fly over and revamp old quest zones and just generally make everything better. If anything we should be building statues and worshipping him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play because I like leveling alts, and despite the fact that the PvP is the most unbalanced that it has ever been, it's still more fun than the raiding content.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

There's very little that I actually dislike about Cata. Apparently that offends you, well too bad. Maybe people really should just up and quit already, stop pretending you did and actually do it.