Poll: ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How would you rate Cata?

Compared to other expansions and Classic

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll wait till it's finished before I rate it, calm down with these threads please. "So far". 3rd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say second because (call me what you will idgaf) I liked lich king. It was the point in the game where I got to see the most content, pvp and pve wise, cata I think would be the most fun if I hadn't started school and had time to experience it like I did in lich
    Tanks are made of steel, blood and a shield, not magic and twigs.
    My Warrior My Shaman

Deleted
    Well it's a little unfair to compare them 1:1, since both BC and WotLK has more content.

And it's a little tricky in regards to WotLK, which was overall a great expansion quality wise. I just didn't agree with their general design direction.

So overall I'd say, taking design goals into consideration, BC > CC > WotLK. Disregarding design goals I'd say WotLK > CC > BC.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad expansion but certainly not my favorite

1st: Cataclysm. Good story. Nostalgic, realistic, old-world feel. Good balance of challenge and ease in raids. Nice models.
    2nd/3rd: Wrath. Epic storyline must be admitted, but sadly, executed with gameplay accomplishable by a howler monkey dry-humping a keyboard. Ulduar was epic, but is countered by ToC. Great tier models and such.
    2nd/3rd: Vanilla. The classic. Realistic. Hard. Too hard for many. But still fun. However, disjointed storyline and grindyness demote it some. Please note that storyline (or lack thereof) is the ONLY reason it's not far in the lead of wrath and tied with cata. Playing wrath was like reading a book. It was interesting lore-wise, and was pretty, but if you could read, you could finish it. Vanilla was challenging and gave people that sense of accomplishment. Much more epic, gameplay wise.
    4th: TBC. (and here come the flames). Uninspiring story. Floating rock planet (sure....). Some fun points. Some neat newer models. For the most part, looked like a damn clown ate a pack of crayons and a happy meal and threw up everywhere. The color pallet was disgustingly bright, and some of the armor/weapon models were just nasty. A few sets of nice tier came out of it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Deleted
    3rd.

Worse than wotlk and tbc, but certainly better than vanilla. It's a shame that this game improved a bit in every expansion up untill Cata, in which it got worse in many aspects.

Worst imo.

BC was my favorite followed by Classic, I've been playing this game awhile, and honestly, just have not liked Cata. Wrath is 3ed on my list.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

10+ Year Old Account
    my list is still Vanilla>TBC>Cata>WoTLK. WoTLK was the beginning of the end, and Cata at least tried to move away from what it had created, but sadly the pull was to strong and it fell short.

best one is cata, then wotlk,classic and then the worst tbc.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2011-08-18 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd. Having Vanilla last because.. well I didn't get to level 60 so biased as I don't know :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    1st: Cataclysm. Good story. Nostalgic, realistic, old-world feel. Good balance of challenge and ease in raids. Nice models.
    2nd/3rd: Wrath. Epic storyline must be admitted, but sadly, executed with gameplay accomplishable by a howler monkey dry-humping a keyboard. Ulduar was epic, but is countered by ToC. Great tier models and such.
    2nd/3rd: Vanilla. The classic. Realistic. Hard. Too hard for many. But still fun. However, disjointed storyline and grindyness demote it some. Please note that storyline (or lack thereof) is the ONLY reason it's not far in the lead of wrath and tied with cata. Playing wrath was like reading a book. It was interesting lore-wise, and was pretty, but if you could read, you could finish it. Vanilla was challenging and gave people that sense of accomplishment. Much more epic, gameplay wise.
    4th: TBC. (and here come the flames). Uninspiring story. Floating rock planet (sure....). Some fun points. Some neat newer models. For the most part, looked like a damn clown ate a pack of crayons and a happy meal and threw up everywhere. The color pallet was disgustingly bright, and some of the armor/weapon models were just nasty. A few sets of nice tier came out of it though.
    this right here...

except without the part about cataclysm i don't really like the lore in cata or the raids or the instances but i like the new leveling experience and i love the new graphics and i'm going to cum with the force of a thousand suns as soon as the transmogrifier hits

for me

WotLK
    Cata
    Vanilla
    BC

honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle
    Thank you for a new sig.
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

2nd - I think this expansion is very polished and looks very, very good. The questing was interesting enough for me to go through without wanting to smash my head in the keyboard. Making alts is actually fun now. Too many things are rehashed models and I just don't think there's enough new content as far as gameplay is concerned. I would have liked to see a little more going on in the pvp side of things (more bgs and arenas). I also think this expansion has some of the most poorly created bosses to date. Overall, this expansion had some very very strong points and some very weak ones.

worst for 1 reason - hemogenizationizationizigation (yeah, idk that word)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath/Cata (Tie) > BC > Classic. Wrath had the upper hand in amount of endgame content and story, but Cata has the upper hand in engaging content (both in Newzeroth and the 80-85 zones and raids), gameplay, and questing experience.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Atm it deserves the second place.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC>WotLK>Cata

Worst. I liked both TBC and WoTLK more. Cata could have been awesome, I knew Deathwing well and was looking forward to this expansion but it was just mega boring and there wasn't a lot to do. I like TBC more than WoTLK but that had more to do with the setting and LFD being implemented near the end of wrath probably.