View Poll Results: Transmogrification in PvP, what do you think about it?

Voters
221. This poll is closed
  • BAD for PvP

82 37.10%
  • GOOD for PvP

139 62.90%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I move that tabards should be disabled in pvp because they cover up the chest and makes it hard to see exactly what pair of pants the enemy has. Also visibility on cloak and helm should be auto-enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I PvP almost 100% of the time, and I care not. I don't look at someone's gear to figure out who to attack, I attack whoever needs to be killed the most, why should it matter what gear they have on? Just assume that everyone has the best possible gear, and you're set. A-Okay.
    Absolutely RIGHT. That's simply silly to raise such fantasies. No one visually check each other gear appearance before engaging. Why people discuss this as if EVERYONE does that?
    NO ONE stop and check appearance before attacking. At most they check the class color on health bars.
    I wish people could get a grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I move that tabards should be disabled in pvp because they cover up the chest and makes it hard to see exactly what pair of pants the enemy has. Also visibility on cloak and helm should be auto-enabled.
    Sarcasm, how I love that.
    Last edited by Buu; 2011-08-18 at 08:14 PM.

I'm all for anything that breaks the uniformity and conformity of what's become a pretty damn boring game to me. Go transmogrification!

10+ Year Old Account
    Like most stated, HPs are the best gauge.

I am sick of everyone looking exactly the same. I am also sick of these poor excuses for 2H weapons.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    so you pick your targets from the weakest / lowest gear first? gdgd <insert sarcasm>
    If you're in a BG and there's 3 ppl defending a base for example, its common sense to destroy the person without the 40% dmg reduction from resi first?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    It doesn't make a single difference, I always assume everyone has the strongest gear, is better than me and has a trick up their sleaves when I face them, also I never look at my opponent's gear anyway.

So stop this ''wheeeeeeeeeee I can't see my enemy's gear so now I don't know what it is''
    Well said!

Also, I never remember the name of the Warrior who kicked my ass 10 times in row in a BG, but I remember if it was a Night Elf or a Dwarf. Now with the transmogrification, I will remember him a lot more.

You can see the range of their gear by health pools? You should know exactly what opponent same class as you are wears and have some kind of knowledge of other classes. You should know how much hp every class has when they got full pvp set. If they got more, they probably have stacked some stamina gems or tank gear -> easy kill cos noob. If less, they might be wearing some PvE-items etc. etc.

When you meet in 2v2 arena 2x of same class. You dont look what gear they wear, do you? You look their hp bar and get the grip of that what kind of gear they have. You also get info of what spec they are from hp bar. So yeah, no difference in PvP cos of this transasdasdwhatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Absolutely RIGHT. That's simply silly to raise such fantasies. No one visually check each other gear appearance before engaging. Why people discuss this as if EVERYONE does that?
    NO ONE stop and check appearance before attacking. At most they check the class color on health bars.
    I wish people could get a grip.
    Maybe you don't, but many people do. It's not hard to enable portraits on unit frames and quickly determine if someone is wearing a PvP set or instead something else. You can do this as you are picking targets up from a group during a spell cast, or while running towards someone while mounted... you do not have to actually stand in place and stare at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the option for "doesn't affect PVP in the slightest"?

(سಥ益ಥ)س Y U TAKE BOB DOLE'S PEANUT BUTTER?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because in PvP that is worth a damn to warrant such concern, you're simply looking at the model art to determine their gear.

Right.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's bad for PvP, I often look at all of the people around me to find the one without PvP gear to switch if needed. Not that it matters, I'm quitting because of the omitting of the war of the ancients raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty much up for it--- at least i wont have to look any more at same enemy set every damn bg.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'll still do what I've always done, look at their health pool.

HP doesn't tell you anything about having a full arena or raid set.
    I beg to differ. There is quite a disparity on HP pools when wearing pve gear vs pvp gear, especially for non-plate classes.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    At 2k+ in arena people dont use pve gear except maybe a legendary or a weapon so you can assume that everyone is in pvp gear. OR you can look at hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP gear looks horrible ever since Wotlk, im happy with the change.
    Putrefaction you've caused, No need for confession. Now you wish you had a god, To stop your demolition. Crushing the bones of the hundred folds, Swinging the judgement hammer. Man, woman, child no-one is safe The heads of the dead are the banner.

Bad idea is bad. This whole transmogrification crap will just give blizzard more excuses to put less effort into gear. The looks of gear won't ever matter after 4.3 comes out because everyone will be wearing the same tier look for years and years to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursingmonk View Post
    I beg to differ. There is quite a disparity on HP pools when wearing pve gear vs pvp gear, especially for non-plate classes.
    Not really, PvE and PvP gear are no longer differentiated by stamina:

T12 Warrior DPS gloves vs. Season 10 Warrior PvP gloves

Note that the difference in Stamina is only due to the difference in iLevels. Here's another example:

Season 10 DPS shield vs. Firelands drop tank shield

Both have the same amount of stamina. The only way you'd have more stamina compared to a person with the exact same gear is if you're tank specced due to the 15%+ innate stamina bonus for spec.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    been said a million times

were doing fine with druides and shadow priests in pvp stop whining about dumb non existant issues

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Overall it has no effect on how I will PVP. So I welcome the change!