View Poll Results: Transmogrification in PvP, what do you think about it?

Voters
221. This poll is closed
  • BAD for PvP

82 37.10%
  • GOOD for PvP

139 62.90%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I would actually like it in PvP. I guess the best way in my opinion to balance it would be to allow you to transmogrify PvP items with PvP items. Example, if you have full Vengeful and you'd prefer that skin over the current Ruthless, then you can do it. Same with PvE items.

Should be an option for who cares its a game...shut up and have fun or quit playing

Terrible poll. No neutral option.

I get sick of looking at my gear fairly quickly.

I don't think PVP should be treated any differently. Allow us to change our gear, too.

I came in here ready to defend Transmogrification in PvP against what I consider idiots, but I see there is no need.
    There is already a vast number of smart people who realize it's no big deal.

I hope the babies who are spoiled by this game realize that in some games you can't even see an enemies level, and just drop the QQ.
    Like many others have said looking at their health pool will still suffice, and you will get to look however you want, which is awesome.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Need a I don't care vote option.. just cause you can use health/how damage your doing to a guy to judge what hes wearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post
    In RATED PvP, t-mog will be disabled, it has to be- if you cant use appearance altering consumables how the hell can you justify allowing it.

In unrated PvP.. who cares?
    This is not about those flukes pirate costume/ninja costume. It's not even in the same league with this. This is a serious game system that will be introduced, available for everyone who likes how old tier/gear sets look. They spent money developing this thing, have you any idea how expensive programmers can get? Any common sense will tell you it will be allowed in rated games of any type simply because it's "skill" that decides the game, not gear, or that's what arena players have been trumpeting all these years. If you have problems deciding what player to tunnel down now, the problems are somewhere else entirely. Downside of this new system is that you're not going to be so "speshial" in your elite arena gear now. Tough life mate, i know. Meanwhile in Somalia...

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I PvP almost 100% of the time, and I care not. I don't look at someone's gear to figure out who to attack, I attack whoever needs to be killed the most, why should it matter what gear they have on? Just assume that everyone has the best possible gear, and you're set. A-Okay.
    Exactly what this guy said.

Honestly, unless you're 1400 rated, almost EVERY opponent you face will be 90% best in slot pvp gear.

Ill be surprised if they allow transmogrification in rated PvP, they will prob temporarily remove it for rated PvP or not allow PvP gear to be changed

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad for pvp imo, seeing which healer has pvp gear and which has pve helps me decide which one should be taken out first. With the changes from Wrath to Cata and pvp gear and pve gear now giving the same amount of health how will you be able to tell what the weak link is in the enemies team?
    Also saw somewhere above about not allowing changeable appearence effects in rated bgs, definately need here aswell.
    If they wanted to make it work better, only allow pvp gear to be changed into different pvp tiers/sets, and pve gear only changed into other pve gear, would solve this issue. But tbh can't wait to make my warrior appear in full 270 wrathful, awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Bad for pvp imo, seeing which healer has pvp gear and which has pve helps me decide which one should be taken out first. With the changes from Wrath to Cata and pvp gear and pve gear now giving the same amount of health how will you be able to tell what the weak link is in the enemies team?
    Also saw somewhere above about not allowing changeable appearence effects in rated bgs, definately need here aswell.
    If they wanted to make it work better, only allow pvp gear to be changed into different pvp tiers/sets, and pve gear only changed into other pve gear, would solve this issue. But tbh can't wait to make my warrior appear in full 270 wrathful, awesome
    the only time a healer won't be in full pvp gear is if they're some pve heroes that are doing 2s for points, and if you actually get matched with their horrid mmr then its your fault and the game isn't based around low end pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it should be disabled for PvP. It's all I do, and I don't like not knowing who's in PvP gear and who's in PvE gear for BG's, even if they don't ultimately matter. What someone is wearing gear-wise can prioritize healer kills, which DPS to kill, how many to send where, etc. I just don't think it's a good idea for Arenas/BG's. Otherwise, I think it's kind of a neat idea, even though I don't really have too many options as far as old tier goes for my current main. (DK)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a terrible thread. Whether or not it's good or bad for PvP remains to be seen because it hasn't happened yet.

I know personally, I'm in the camp that just assumes everyone has as good or better gear than I do with the exception of weapons because damn, the season isn't new.

As a reminder- Don't insult people. Ever. For any reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE