Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    They need to lower the price..my bank is full and all it has is my vanity items (well i have 1 set of pvp gear in there) and I have the biggest bags available. This is going to cost me sooooo much money to use
    Yeah I agree. I've gotta hope that you pay the fee once to deposit an item and then don't have to pay it again if you withdraw and deposit again, but that's probably me being optimistic.

  2. #42
    Brewmaster Alayea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Yeah I don't exactly get this whole thing...it's like a second bank except you pay per transaction? If b.net items were available through it across realms and stuff that'd be a nice touch but...it seems to have no "perks" besides "moar storage". Why not just open up 4 more bank slots? And sorry but the search feature is not a draw at all. There's only 80 items to go through, even if you never sort them you can sort of eyeball most items but the icon so...I dunno. I think it needs another special feature or two to make it really something new/special/interesting.
    Agreed. I was hoping it would be a one-time fee for the storage, but... yeah. And anyway, the search option won't replace Altoholic when the addon updates for 4.3.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM/Surv Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost/Fire Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Demo/Destro Yin - WW

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    Did I? 1000g to open something which will be used to store transmogrification armors, vanity items and other cherished pixels, not to mention the gold it will cost to deposit them in it... I aleadry have a better feature in my bank, its called "Bag".
    You did notice that the "gold" is also a pixel right? lol

    They'll charge for it so it won't be another bank. If you need the service, you just need to be smart to manage what will go there, what will not go there. You're not throwing something there that you usually take back every month or something like that...

    You'll prefer to throw itens there that you just want to store (like sets for transmogrief. I doubt we'll have to put it in our bags to use the service) and not use or itens that you use like once per year...

  4. #44
    rofl @ nerdswag

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,559
    What players fail to relize is that blizz said these prices are not final. It will most likely change during the ptr testing. Anyway yay more reviels! (Read the news completely before jumping like this) -.-

  6. #46
    if you want to "store" stuff for free, mail stuff to your alt and open it in a few weeks and just mail it back and forth, at least its better than paying so much for this crap, not that a few K is a lot, but here's to hoping you get a certain amount of free deposits/withdraws every 24 hours or something like that and pay for more after

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    What players fail to relize is that blizz said these prices are not final. It will most likely change during the ptr testing. Anyway yay more reviels! (Read the news completely before jumping like this) -.-
    Exactly. None of this is set in stone, guys.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdontroll View Post
    if you want to "store" stuff for free, mail stuff to your alt and open it in a few weeks and just mail it back and forth, at least its better than paying so much for this crap, not that a few K is a lot, but here's to hoping you get a certain amount of free deposits/withdraws every 24 hours or something like that and pay for more after
    You can't do that with most holiday items, or Tier sets. They are all soulbound. And you are right a few thousand gold isn't a lot to some people, but it is to others who would love to use this feature. Some may not be able to because they don't play the AH, or farm for hours. Dailies don't give that much gold anymore with inflation.

  9. #49
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    116
    lost my interest, I won't be using it because of 1. the cost and 2. stripping the items of gems/enchants. I like that my really old gear is enchanted.....

  10. #50
    So... the void storage will be something XChar-XRealm?... I don't feel like have to go farm all tier sets with every single one of my chars... plus all that gold for deposits/withdrawals... if i'm able to farm all the gear i want with my main and place it into the void storage so any other of my toons can use the items, then i would be happy and somehow think the cost/benefit is good... otherwise i think is en epic fail...

  11. #51
    I love how everyone is like "Oh that gold is chump change. You should be swimming it in it."Well guess what? I'm not. I hate doing dailies and i don't raid or do dungeons. I PvP. You know how much gold I get from that shit? NONE!

  12. #52
    Mechagnome Lushious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    What players fail to relize is that blizz said these prices are not final. It will most likely change during the ptr testing. Anyway yay more reviels! (Read the news completely before jumping like this) -.-
    But if the community doesn't give feedback to it, why would they change it?

    Let people whine, it will make it cheaper (which it should be, by far).

  13. #53
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Look again.

    100g to withdraw/deposit 1 item. 1000g initial fee.

    I will NEVER EVER EVER use this feature.

    The restrictions on transmogrifier + the outrageous price to store our sentimental items = I'm VERY close to leaving WoW. Nothing has wowed me lately. It's all been poorly executed.

    In other words, you have a full bank of sentimental gear.

    Buy Storage, deposit all 80 pieces.

    Goodbye 9000g.

    Oh, you want to withdraw X amount for transmogrifying then re-deposit then? Goodbye another 1k+ gold. Repeat.
    You're going to leave WoW because a new feature that you've been fine without all this time is too expensive? It's not required, and the price will go down. Just like epic flying, just like dual-spec. They're premium features for those that really want it, then the gold price drops later to be more accessable. You're not going anywhere, you're going to keep playing. Because the people that care enough to get mad at something like this are the ones that are deepest into the game. Go buy another time card. The people that will use this (the type to hold on to useless items) aren't the ones that will leave that easily. You're mad just to be mad. For the cost, this isn't worth it to me. I may find some things to throw in there when it gets dirt cheap in 6 months.
    I'm so out of this world, I make telescopes squint.
    -=702 Gamer=-

  14. #54
    I don't quite understand Void Storage at the moment. We already have our own personal banks, which if we buy the extra vaults and use large slot bags, can store far more than Void Storage and without the disadvantages of losing gems, enchants etc.I mean, I like the search feature and nifty ui but I don't understand what the point is in having these in addition to a bank. They could have just increased bank slots it seems. I'm hoping some new features are unveiled down the line that truly make it it's own unique storage system.

  15. #55
    So it costs us 1000g to just open the bank, then 100g to deposit each item and then another 100g to withdraw? WTF...

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by creepygnome View Post
    You can't do that with most holiday items, or Tier sets. They are all soulbound. And you are right a few thousand gold isn't a lot to some people, but it is to others who would love to use this feature. Some may not be able to because they don't play the AH, or farm for hours. Dailies don't give that much gold anymore with inflation.
    I guess its just a goldsink for the rich users that can afford horde tons of items, if you have no gold you are likely not to be so full on soulbounds you need to have more storage. But then for goldsinks, I prefer they added a small fly-speed upgrade for some ridiculous price again

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    The restrictions on transmogrifier + the outrageous price to store our sentimental items = I'm VERY close to leaving WoW. Nothing has wowed me lately. It's all been poorly executed.
    I guess I'd say that it's important to remember that WoW has millions of subscribers, with millions of goals and desires. Blizzard also has its own set of goals and requirements.

    Just because Blizzard is doing something in a way that you don't agree with or like, doesn't mean they're doing a bad job. They may just have goals or limitations that don't line up perfectly with your desires. Considering that this game is more than half a decade old, I would argue that they're doing a great job. You just can't please all the people all the time. The faster everyone realizes that, the faster we can get back to discussing interesting things instead of arguing on the internet.

    -SB
    Last edited by sandbenders; 2011-08-18 at 05:36 PM.

  18. #58
    Not sure what the problem is. You aren't going to be taking out and putting things in often, if at all. You are just going to fill it with gear sets and trophies. The gear sets while in the void storage can be used for transmogrification. Not to mention 9000g for everything isn't really a big deal to anyone with an 85 on that server. Thats spare change at this point.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by mtawney1313 View Post
    9k gold is chump change these days...
    Yeah that's my thought. Cata didn't have many gold sinks, and this seems like a good one.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Demik View Post
    You're going to leave WoW because a new feature that you've been fine without all this time is too expensive? It's not required, and the price will go down. Just like epic flying, just like dual-spec. They're premium features for those that really want it, then the gold price drops later to be more accessable. You're not going anywhere, you're going to keep playing. Because the people that care enough to get mad at something like this are the ones that are deepest into the game. Go buy another time card. The people that will use this (the type to hold on to useless items) aren't the ones that will leave that easily. You're mad just to be mad. For the cost, this isn't worth it to me. I may find some things to throw in there when it gets dirt cheap in 6 months.
    It's a feature people wanted, just as they like a tabard feature similar to the titles drop down box. People want to free their bag-space, but for free. This kind of money sinks are just retarded. They say they listen to the community and they implement the idea, but at some point they completely change it to be less enjoyable for the masses.
    It should be free to deposit/withdraw items, you should pay an initial fee to unlock it, could be 5k 10k or 15k but after that you shouldn't have to pay any fee - why does everything have to be a money sink, really? It's like with everything other vanity like that was fun but nerfed, like the faded wizzards hat, dancing while in combat/attacking, they take everything that is "fun" bug-fix it and we get stuff that is not fun at all anymore.

    They just don't grasp the consumer really.
    Last edited by F-Minus; 2011-08-18 at 05:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •