Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is race change worth the money?

I have a Dwarf pally which was prot for the last 2 exp but for cata i wanted to go ret and holy. Would it be worth the money for the better benefits of those 2 specs to switch to human? This is not about looks.

Deleted
    If you think it's worth paying for a minimalistic in-gmae advantage, then sure... it's up to you. I wouldn't do it unless it was for the looks. Besides, d0rfs r awsum.

Personal pref I guess. Everyone's going to have a different opinion on race change. I think it's useless tbh.

Stoneskin doesn't lose it's usefullness in Holy spec, there are still times when you want to take reduced damage. I assume its the same for ret but I never play ret so I'm not going to speak for it. Dwarfs and Humans both have mace spec too, so I really don't think its worth the money to race change.

You will get the Rep ring faster in Firelands as a human.
    But stoneskin is nice to have an added damage reduction ability when setting off traps on Ragnarosm etc.
    If you do any Archaeology the Dwarf racial is really good.
    Depends on what you are going for, weigh your options and see what works for you.

Deleted
    Well it depens on your Raid.
    Casual doesn't matter.
    Hardcore would be almost mandatory to switch races.
    Also your personal preference. Are you perfectionistic or not?

I would play a Human.
    3% Spirit
    3 Exp with Swords/Maces
    10% Reputation
    Free Insignia

As a ret pally 120 Hit Rating > 90 Expertise Rating especially during late T11. That is one of the reasons that I race changed. Beyond that I get tired of looking at the same character for months on end and get the urge to change things up.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

The only person that can answer this question is you.

Definitely not worth it, in my opinion. Play the race you want to play. Honestly, unless you're trying to push out every last possible ounce your class can do... just play the one you like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myridia View Post
    Well it depens on your Raid.
    Casual doesn't matter.
    Hardcore would be almost mandatory to switch races.
    Also your personal preference. Are you perfectionistic or not?
    The difference between racials is a couple hundred DPS at most. The impact is so small that it would only make a difference if you have several 0.1% wipes, so I think race changes to optimize is something only mandatory in like top 10 guilds, if that. Heck there are even some people in my guild with gathering professions (rank ~400).

That's really a subjective question.
    The Glowing Piece of Radical Rock!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless your playing at really high end pvp (like 2700+) I would say no. This is because the human racial every man for himself is geared more towards pvp & the human spirit bonus won't make a whole lot of a difference for pve.

Also while the human exp racial bonus can be more attractive then the dwarf one its not that big of a change.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

if u have a guild with the 10% rep perk it doesnt matter if ur human or not, they do not stack..
    throwing that aside both dwarves and humans have a mace specialization as far as i know. dwarves are cooler although EMFHS is awesome for pvp and some minor pve spots.. the 3% spirit might help if ur human since pallys got the lowest spirit regen ever for holy.

Deleted
    Stick with dwarfs they are awesome

Race changed my priest from UD to Goblin at cata release. I dont regret it. Not because of racials but because of looks (although i cant play my priest without rocket jump anymore )

I do it often, it isn't worth the money but I want it, so I get it. £15 is alot but it's more like a one off change than something you will be doing every month.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    if u have a guild with the 10% rep perk it doesnt matter if ur human or not, they do not stack..
    throwing that aside both dwarves and humans have a mace specialization as far as i know. dwarves are cooler although EMFHS is awesome for pvp and some minor pve spots.. the 3% spirit might help if ur human since pallys got the lowest spirit regen ever for holy.
    You need to check your facts. Human Racial + Guild perk does indeed, stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have never race changed anything so i wouldent know and dont want too either =o =P tho i have gender changed a few times times xD

but i wouldent say its worth it since in my book dwarf are way above humans =P

I've raced changed many times, but that's still not something you should let someone else answer for you. It's your money, and whether it be a change to a race with better racials for raiding, or just a cosmetic change for your own appeal, only you can decide if it's worth that much to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't for such a minor advantage personally, comes across as a waste.

But if you're not attached to the looks of the dwarf at all and you have the money, it does seem like you're decently seriously considering it, so why not.