Solo AQ40 Viscidus with Deathfrost?

As the title states, is it possible to solo Viscidus as a melee class with Deathfrost on one(both) weapon(s)? Right now I can get him to 1%, but obviously I can't kill him because I'm doing no frost damage as my rogue.

Deathfrost:
    Permanently enchant a melee weapon to cause your damaging spells and melee weapon hits to occasionally inflict additional Frost damage and slow the target. Requires a level 60 or higher item. Slow effect does not work on targets 73 or higher.

not really sure, i know howling blast and icy touch don't work on him to freeze him in order to kill him, i doubt that enchant will work tbh :l

Any frost damage will work (even something like frost oil). You can freeze him, but the problem is doing enough melee hits to shatter him before he unfreezes. You need a lot of hits to do this, and I would be really surprised if someone could solo it (maybe a hunter with snake trap + heroism pet?). Unfortunately, you need to shatter him at least once to kill him or he'll just stay stuck at 1% health.

10+ Year Old Account
    After you freeze him, you need to do something like 200 melee hits in ~10 seconds to shatter him. That's the hard part.

Deleted
    Can't be solo'd due to the hits required to shatter him, not sure how many it would take, couldn't do it with 5 people but we had mostly casters.

Deleted
    I couldn't get enough melee hits in as a frost dk dual wielding and popping ghoul/army, so unlikely that it's possible to be soloed, though the frost part you suggest should work just fine

Semi-related thought - and I am having trouble remembering, but iirc when bosses are 'skull' (Show as ?? - and the api for UnitLevel returns -1, rather than 63 etc), as opposed to a named level, the mechanic for hit works off playerlevel + 3, regardless of playerlevel? As in you would require 17% hit at 85 to obtain 100% hit chance on a level 60 boss.

Would be interested in if "only effects mobs under 73" actually works in this scenario.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you can dish out 75 hits in 15 seconds, no, you can't solo him.

Thank you all for the replies. I did try this myself with dual wield death frost enchanted and got him frozen after about 8 minutes. He didn't shatter, as many have said, and instead reset to normal with 1% health. So yeah, verified unable to solo as of this time with a rogue.

Deleted
    Would be interested in if "only effects mobs under 73" actually works in this scenario.
    Bosses are only considered 3 levels higher than you in regards to Hit chance etc, Viscidus is level 60. I can confirm from experience that Deathfrost does indeed work on him.

EDIT: 60, not 63..

I think the only class that can solo Viscidus are DKs due to Army of the Dead. You can't get enough melee hits without it, and even with AoTD it's a close call (you need dualwield, unholy presence, raise dead, enough haste on gear, etc.)
    Something that might help in this case is to get some White very fast-hitting weapons from the weapon vendors around town (since damage is irrelevent). Preferably http://www.wowhead.com/item=44638 from Dalaran with Mongoose enchanted on them both. Combined with Unholy Frenzy, Unholy Presence and Haste buffs + Haste Gear that's gonna be ALOT of fast hits.
    Last edited by mmoc271384dc9d; 2011-08-19 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    Bosses are only considered 3 levels higher than you in regards to Hit chance etc, Viscidus is level 63. I can confirm from experience that Deathfrost does indeed work on him.
    I thought bosses are always Skull, meaning that they are always 3 levels higher than you in terms of hit rating, so if you're 85, they would be 88 and you still need the same hit rating.

Deleted
    In terms of Hit rating, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Can't be solo'd due to the hits required to shatter him, not sure how many it would take, couldn't do it with 5 people but we had mostly casters.
    It has been soloed by DK's and rogues. Lots of times.