10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a new Game

Recently I've updated my desktop. I wasn't really gaming the previous months (only played CoD: Black Ops, Bulletstorm) since Xmas.

Since last week, I've been searching for a game to kill some time, yet I've found nothing (but I may have missed a lot. I'm not really searching, just checking which games are sold on the local stores). I don't really want to start WoW again (maybe in the following months, right now none of
    my friends is playing).

I've always liked RPGs and RTS (also I only play FPS one the easiest difficulty so I can just run and shoot stuff. And I've played about 4-5 FPS since I started gaming :P). I've also played Need For Speed: Underground 2 and Most Wanted and loved them.

I'd really appreciate some suggestions! I'd prefer something not too expensive, though I'm willing to spend as much as 50 euros. ( I have a copy of Dirt3, but
    I'm not sure racing games, except the two mentioned above!)

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    For RPG i'd suggest Witcher 1 / Witcher 2. Civ 5's pretty solid for an rts.

Edit: If you do go with Witchers, play 1 before 2, as it's a continuous plotline, and witcher 1's cheap and amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim 11/11/11

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    For RPG i'd suggest Witcher 1 / Witcher 2. Civ 5's pretty solid for an rts.

Edit: If you do go with Witchers, play 1 before 2, as it's a continuous plotline, and witcher 1's cheap and amazing.
    Witcher 2 seems nice from what I've seen, but I wasn't really sure about it. I'll probably check Witcher one if I can find it!

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Skyrim 11/11/11
    Well it gets released one day before my birthday and I will be getting it for sure, but I'll have to wait more than 3 months for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 2 is on sale at gog.com for $29.99 so if you plan on getting it, go there.

And the first Witcher is on sale here http://www.direct2drive.com/6763/pro...s-Cut-Download for 4$

Not sure how long these sales will last though. Could also try Borderlands, it's a FPS/RPG mix.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Witcher 2 is godly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Witcher 2 is godly.
    I'll be honest, I preferred Witcher 1 by a small bit. Mostly because Witcher 2 multi mob combat is somewhat painful, and it's much harder at the beginning then at the end.

It doesn't match up with what you are looking for at all, but you should give Minecraft a try. It is super cheap and unlike any other "game" you have ever played.

Deleted
    fallout new vegas.
    little older than what people have suggested, but an awesome game none the less.

Could try the Civilization games. I think you'd like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Civ5 isn't RTS, it's TBS (Turn-based)

Supreme Commander (1) and Starcraft 2 are good examples of "great" RTS games.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Ah, my mistake. I've never played it. I still think he'd like it though. I hear a lot of good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Ah, my mistake. I've never played it. I still think he'd like it though. I hear a lot of good things.
    I have it for DS. Its a fun way to pass the time until you play for over 8 hours straight and realize gahndi is the most bloodthirsty warlord on the map, and genghis kahn is always asking for peace. And mao is always like "GIVE ME NUCLEAR POWER OR ME AND MY KNIGHTS WILL GO TO WAR WITH YOU AGAINST YOUR INFANTRY AND TANKS!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll go for Witcher. I'll probably be able to find it cheap enough, otherwise I'll order it online!
    I already have SC II and I've finished the campaign ( except the brutal achievements) a year ago. And I never loved TBS games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    I have it for DS. Its a fun way to pass the time until you play for over 8 hours straight and realize gahndi is the most bloodthirsty warlord on the map, and genghis kahn is always asking for peace. And mao is always like "GIVE ME NUCLEAR POWER OR ME AND MY KNIGHTS WILL GO TO WAR WITH YOU AGAINST YOUR INFANTRY AND TANKS!"
    The only real advantage from Civ4 -> Civ5 is the combat. Hexagons and graphics sure look nice, too, though.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.