Deleted

How to make gold with alchemy and JC?

I have 525 alchemy and JC, how should i make gold? i do volatile transmutes every day, but that's not much, i'd like to make atleast 5-8k every day.

Deleted
    Buy elementium ore
    Prospect,
    Cut gems,
    Use greens for Metagems (go Xmute master)
    Cut metagems
    Profit.

thats what I do

bought 33 stacks of ele ore once for around 1k gold (30g/stack was cheap)
    Made over 4k with those ores.

Deleted
    Which metagem should i cut? i checked the AH, some metagems are 150g, others 250g but idk which is the best seller

also, should i cut red gems? (inferno ruby)

Deleted
    Cut red into
    Bold
    Brilliant
    Delicate

anyway (40 str/agil/int)

every class uses those in their red sockets.

Metagem

go for +3% Critdmg (caster or dps one)
    +2% Max Intellect
    +2% Armor Rating

Names: Agile, Austere, Ember, and Burning (I'd go for those 4)

Check which sells best. on your AH. I usually do the Critdamage and Int one as I use those myself.

EDIT: Added the names of the gems.
    Last edited by mmoc724860eb2d; 2011-08-18 at 10:45 PM.

If you are going to make A LOT of them, make many varieties as long as they are profitable. And maybe sell some uncut too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Be a transmute master, keep procs.

Deleted
    Jewelcrafting, Alchemy, and Enchanting are an holy hell of a trio of profession to go with. I really suggest you to have an enchanter alt.

I'm making decent amounts of money with jc, alch and enchant.

1) buy elementium ore when its cheap. Use well minded addons such as auctionlite to buy countless stacks via single clicks. You find it cheap, let's say 20 to 25g a stack? Buy 200 stacks of it. Don't fear investing some thousands of gold. it will pay, it will pay hell of a lot.

2) Prospect everything. Make sure you have some good bag space, and possibly a gem bag. Start creating this macro:

Code:
    /cast Prospecting
    /use Elementium Ore
    /use Pyrite Ore
    Bind it on any unused key you have, or if you want, on the scroll down wheel mouse. Works pretty good if you have a silent wheel mouse, like logitech series.

Pick up your favorite TV series, film, or whatever, and play it in a video player, having it set to be "allways on top". Go back to warcraft, and start rolling slowly the mouse wheel, or pressing the prospect binded key. It's boring, but at least you're watching something interesting.

3) Now it comes into play your fellow transmuter. You've made an insane amount of uncommon gems. Send carnelians to the transmuter, and create inferno rubies (if you got herbalism on that toon to, it might be worth to farm by yourself the heartblossom, pretty easy in Deepholm, sometimes runs sky high in the AH). Make sure your transmuter is a transmutation master spec. If you need them, transmute also orange and purple gem to their respective rare parts.

4) Start creating necklaces and rings with the remaining gems. You will invest some hundreds gold into the settings, if you want buy them with your goblin alt to get some discount. You're creating something like 150-200 useless items. But, useless aint them. There are often some nice req-level 79 rare items, which are sold high on the AH, mostly to players doing BGs into the 79 branch. If there's no market for them, send them too to your enchanter. Send also any green created ring / neck to your disenchanting alt.

5) Disenchant everything. Here, also, a macro brings a lot of help. As usual, bind it on a key or on your mousewheel.

Code:
    /cast Disenchant
    /use item:52306
    /use item:52307
    /use item:52308
    /use item:52309
    /use item:52492
    /use item:52310
    /use item:52312
    /use item:52316
    /use item:52314
    it will DE any item, this case disenchants also RARE ones. Use those mats to create enchants, or sell them raw on the AH. Greater celestial essences often go sky high, you're gonna make a lot of gold from them, even from enchant using thsese. You'll get also heavenly shards, which, used or sold, are pretty expensive now people don't do much heroic non zandalari "5mans".

After all this, you will have out of your elementium:
    - Raw Gems to cut and post on the AH
    - Transmuted Gems (Inferno ruby, Nightstone, Ember Topaz)
    - Some good items to sell
    - Lots of enchanting materials

With this method, I'm easily doing 10k+ gold each day.

Hope you will enjoy this mini-guide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medically Insane View Post
    I have 525 alchemy and JC, how should i make gold? i do volatile transmutes every day, but that's not much, i'd like to make atleast 5-8k every day.
    Wrong mentality, good luck failing.
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea87 View Post
    Jewelcrafting, Alchemy, and Enchanting are an holy hell of a trio of profession to go with. I really suggest you to have an enchanter alt.

I'm making decent amounts of money with jc, alch and enchant.

1) buy elementium ore when its cheap. Use well minded addons such as auctionlite to buy countless stacks via single clicks. You find it cheap, let's say 20 to 25g a stack? Buy 200 stacks of it. Don't fear investing some thousands of gold. it will pay, it will pay hell of a lot.

2) Prospect everything. Make sure you have some good bag space, and possibly a gem bag. Start creating this macro:

Code:
    /cast Prospecting
    /use Elementium Ore
    /use Pyrite Ore
    Bind it on any unused key you have, or if you want, on the scroll down wheel mouse. Works pretty good if you have a silent wheel mouse, like logitech series.

Pick up your favorite TV series, film, or whatever, and play it in a video player, having it set to be "allways on top". Go back to warcraft, and start rolling slowly the mouse wheel, or pressing the prospect binded key. It's boring, but at least you're watching something interesting.

3) Now it comes into play your fellow transmuter. You've made an insane amount of uncommon gems. Send carnelians to the transmuter, and create inferno rubies (if you got herbalism on that toon to, it might be worth to farm by yourself the heartblossom, pretty easy in Deepholm, sometimes runs sky high in the AH). Make sure your transmuter is a transmutation master spec. If you need them, transmute also orange and purple gem to their respective rare parts.

4) Start creating necklaces and rings with the remaining gems. You will invest some hundreds gold into the settings, if you want buy them with your goblin alt to get some discount. You're creating something like 150-200 useless items. But, useless aint them. There are often some nice req-level 79 rare items, which are sold high on the AH, mostly to players doing BGs into the 79 branch. If there's no market for them, send them too to your enchanter. Send also any green created ring / neck to your disenchanting alt.

5) Disenchant everything. Here, also, a macro brings a lot of help. As usual, bind it on a key or on your mousewheel.

Code:
    /cast Disenchant
    /use item:52306
    /use item:52307
    /use item:52308
    /use item:52309
    /use item:52492
    /use item:52310
    /use item:52312
    /use item:52316
    /use item:52314
    it will DE any item, this case disenchants also RARE ones. Use those mats to create enchants, or sell them raw on the AH. Greater celestial essences often go sky high, you're gonna make a lot of gold from them, even from enchant using thsese. You'll get also heavenly shards, which, used or sold, are pretty expensive now people don't do much heroic non zandalari "5mans".

After all this, you will have out of your elementium:
    - Raw Gems to cut and post on the AH
    - Transmuted Gems (Inferno ruby, Nightstone, Ember Topaz)
    - Some good items to sell
    - Lots of enchanting materials

With this method, I'm easily doing 10k+ gold each day.

Hope you will enjoy this mini-guide
    In your experience, have you found it worthwhile to make shadowspirit stones with transmutation?