Poll: Youtube or Yahoo?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    Is this even a contest? Cause I know youtube is far worse.

Just go watch any IGN video all the comments are related somewhat along the lines of "WTF THIS AIN'T COD?!?!? GAY AND CRAP"
    Saw someone on IGN saying Samus was a Master Chief rip off, and my faith in the gaming community died.

You tube is pretty bad , more so than yahoo I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disturbed at the fact I'm finding this question difficult to answer...

I'll go with Youtube comments. Since you have more thumbs up whores there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo news comments are all trolls. Sometimes there's even a funny troll in there.

Youtube comments are just attention-obsessing idiots spamming the same joke/line over and over again to try to get a top rated comment. What makes it worse than yahoo news is that most of the comments seem to be serious. Like, go to any really popular video and see the pathetic "THUMBS UP IF YOU SAW(something obvious in the video)", or "_____ people don't do something in the video" or anything remotely related to Justin Bieber.

Yahoo news=Trolls
    Youtube=Attention-deprived idiots

""Which are worse? Youtube comments, or Yahoo News comments?""

Neither. MMO-Champ comments are.

Youtube comments seem to be REALLY rude most of the time. A lot of times they don't make much sense though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing beats those comments that are randomly all in caps.

Yahoo comments for me... they're usually depressingly racist. Or someone drags politics into an article about them discovering a new species of toad or something. I mean, how the deuce?

I'm sorry, Youtube comments can sometimes be quite amusing... Yahoo comments have zero redeeming qualities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Youtube, I should know, I troll YouTube all the time. I'm part of the problem. ;P
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Youtube commends are usualy yust stupid and annoying.
    Yahoo its more racists and really bias politics.

Yahoo is worse

Deleted
    I never use yahoo tbh , but i troll youtube alot on my work mostly.
    But when reading comments on youtube you see alot of jokes like just beeing re-used to get the top comment etc... they aren't creative anymore.
    And if you try to correct someone , they immidiatly star a fight and say thats not true and shit like that..

10+ Year Old Account
    youtube comments, lol
    archdruid valentyne -- kel'thuzad, us | RP & M+ PVE

Yahoo. Literally EVERY comment section is filled with hateful bullshit, and will inevitably include political battles, racist comments directed towards Obama(REGARDLESS of the story-it can be a story about a new car being made, and someone will be like "cant belive pple get new car made with obanegro as prezdent"), sexist comments if the article mentions a female in any way, spam posts trying to get you to go to their websites and "meet singles"...

Youtube has a lot of moronic comments, but the majority of it is just "thumbs up if X", "how can people listen to justin bieber instead of this?!?", "if you dont like this song you must be a Bieberfag", and "X number of people missed the like button".

Seriously, anyone saying YT is worse has never really read the comments on Yahoo news postings. YT comments are stupid. Yahoo News comments are so far beyond stupid that you're apt to suffer brain damage just by reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yahoo. Literally EVERY comment section is filled with hateful bullshit, and will inevitably include political battles, racist comments directed towards Obama(REGARDLESS of the story-it can be a story about a new car being made, and someone will be like "cant belive pple get new car made with obanegro as prezdent"), sexist comments if the article mentions a female in any way, spam posts trying to get you to go to their websites and "meet singles"...

Youtube has a lot of moronic comments, but the majority of it is just "thumbs up if X", "how can people listen to justin bieber instead of this?!?", "if you dont like this song you must be a Bieberfag", and "X number of people missed the like button".

Seriously, anyone saying YT is worse has never really read the comments on Yahoo news postings. YT comments are stupid. Yahoo News comments are so far beyond stupid that you're apt to suffer brain damage just by reading them.
    ^^ agreed

Literally nothing can be posted without people bringing in God, Obama, Fox News, women,racism,sexism and 1500 other entirely unrelated things. If there's an article about a new tv being released, ppl will bring up everything and whine about it.

I say Yahoo because the comments I've seen were either racists, political bias or just extreme hate. At one point reading a comment about Obama " ...can't allow Muslims to run this Christian country" - ( or something really close to that).

Youtube, while it may also sprout hate can also be funny.....sometimes.

Also to the person who linked the Christine O'Donnell video: I just looked at the video and thought "Well she lost this battle". I looked at the comments and my god we were right.
    Last edited by DionLight7; 2011-08-19 at 06:58 AM.

I can't really say, both make me lol but Youtube especially.

Yahoo news, without a doubt. At least on youtube you can get some -- not much mind you -- but some discussion about the subject but on yahoo every single story devolves into politics, racism and some of the vilest most hateful comments around. I always feel like I need a brainscrub reading the comments on yahoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Youtube.

Why? Because at least with Youtube, you get a variety of topics to comment on, and literally anybody in the world can be the focal point of the comment.

For Yahoo, you have brain-dead morons creating articles, so you can only expect brain-dead responses.

I realize that this is an old thread. I'm looking for forum threads that deal with Yahoo News comments, to post a solution for hiding said comments, so that people searching in the future can find the solution.

Yahoo News comments, it would seem, is the home of every racist, troll, thumbs whore, hater, and right-wing extremist on Earth. Reading the comments gets old after while.

Unfortunately, there currently is no effective add-on for Firefox or extension for Chrome that will hide Yahoo comments (I tried all that I could find, including everything on the Chrome and Firefox pages, Greasemonkey and Userscripts). For those who can't simply ignore the comments when they pop up while scrolling down the story, you can hide them.

On Chrome or Firefox, if you're using AdBlockPlus (the one with the icon of the letters ABP in the red stop sign), go into the filters section and add this to the block list:

*news.yahoo.com*

That will NOT block the entire Yahoo News site, as the filter would suggest. Everything still gets through EXCEPT the comments. They'll appear to be "Loading," and it will stay that way and not appear. As far as I can tell, everything else appears.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-C comments.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman