Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    (...)
    Even back in 1.0 you could PvP.
    Look the fact there were no real PvP system at the beginning was due to nature at given time, and should Blizzard design game nowdays, they'd chose to support PvP much more.
    You have to keep in mind that at the time of WoW release and producttion, people were looking at MMO games quite differently. Everyone expected good PvE and lots of interaction. As part of that interaction it was thought that any PvP events would happen in game world and not instances, this later become clear to be wrong, because it pretty much died when battlegrounds were added and it was not even matter of reward.
    Nevertheless original design were for case of lot of players where individuals did not matter that much, so it was pretty gibfest. It was not balanced, because they had little idea what were they doing ( PvE was not balanced either at the time ).

In Burning Crusade they decided to fully support it, adding extra stat ( vanilla PvP items were not bad in PvP, however they were not required at all, and were mostly alternative to PvE items, and to be honest it was really nice way of gearing up ) and competetive play ( arenas ).
    Ofcourse we all know how it ended, even with all the balancing around, metagame already sucked and have not recieved any major overhaul yet.
    There were some major fixes that helped a lot (Hunters getting focus for example), but it did not resolve the situation as it is.

PvE is hardly argument, because there's little reason to change it for PvP except for "bring the player" nonsense.
    As you can see anything outside damage and healing can work differently in PvE and PvP ( for example CC or threat ), and damage/healing itself is adjustable as they are simple numbers.

Mana/LOS and other fundamental problems would change play, however, but by no mean it'd mean for worse. I'm pretty sure hunters are nowdays happy with their focus and don't dream back for their mana, even though they just raid.

The whole fear of PvP and hate towards it is just merely result of Blizzard being cheap.
    Players fear they'll have less fun because of being nerfed or having less content released when PvP is being changed or expanded.
    There's no solution to it, as it'd require them to care first. And this is riden purely by statistics. PvPers won't quit if they don't get battleground or new arena in whole xpac, PvErs would quit if they recived nothing in 2 patches. And some of them would quit if there was just one patch without content for them.
    One can understand this as it is absolutely logical, however Blizzard abuses this by ignoring PvP to the amount they can. No point of recalculating HP and damage for everyone just to fix PvP when PvPers won't quit in the amounts that'd endanger their business.
    Pretty much the same is happening with the quality of game itself. Players won't quit because they have lowres characters, etc...

It's not about "this is PvE game", it's about they do not feel the need to change it. Perhaps the market is sated so much that better PvP wouldn't bring more players. I have no idea.

Oh and crappy editor :< had to save/modify this several time just to type it all.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2011-08-20 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    They might even make the Caster and Melee version of the debuff stack
    yeah that would be cool to lower the healing and an incentive to run melee/caster comps

sorry if bad english.. is not my language

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Do we usually get Battlegrounds in patches instead of expansions? Only example I can think of is IoC in 3.2 and I can't really consider it happening once to then 7become a common occurrence, or at least be disappointed when one is not released with a patch.

How did you get this thought in your head exactly?
    Wishful thinking . Guess I set my self up for disappointment.