Thread: Build Review!!

10+ Year Old Account

Build Review!!

Hey All,

I know I previously made a thread about this but today I finally got paid and my old computer also exploded (literally. tons of melted plastic and a really pissed off momma Cavus). So heres my build!!
    i5 2500k
    Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD7502AAEX 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0
    Asus VE228H 21.5" Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Speakers
    MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB
    Microsoft ANB-00001 Black USB Wired Slim Keyboard
    G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    ENCORE ENUCM-012 1.3 M Effective Pixels USB 2.0 WebCam (for chattin with the ladies)
    ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler

Corsair White 600T

Lastly since I either intend to SLI my 560 Ti's or 600 series at a later date should I go with CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX750 or the AX 850 (corsair)?

I've got until the morning for the check to clear and then I'm gonna buy all of it. Thanks in advance for all the help along the way!

<3 Cavus

Proud Member of Respected and Despised (SWTOR USA PST Empire).
    Dark Days are Coming....

15+ Year Old Account
    If you intend to SLi 600 series, you'll likely need an 850 or 1000 watt. However, it's hard to speculate now, as we don't have any power ratings on them at all. However, to SLi the 560's, 750 is usually what I recommend for some head room.

your build looks sweet, btw. Nicely put together.

with the post above, no idea on the power usage of the 6 series, but if you put down some more cash now for a better psu your never going to have to upgrade from it, and i think the corsair ax gold series have a 7 year warranty? I know mine does, the ax1200 :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I think I've decided on the 850, just because it's only 20 bucks more. The only problem I have however is that the 750 has better reviews and the 850 seems to have a bunch of DOAs.... can anyone comment on this?

(I could totally be wrong but logically it would make sense that the newer chips would be more power and more efficiency).

Proud Member of Respected and Despised (SWTOR USA PST Empire).
    Dark Days are Coming....